Anyone here taking progesterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DixieWrecked

absolutely fascinating blog. The coressponding video is excellent as well. I think you guys are onto something with the progsterone.

The interaction with the progesterone receptor makes sense as to why Nandrolone may mess with some people.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

oneofakind

As long as the product is bioidentical progesterone it doesn't matter if yams were the source material. The end result is the same molecule that our body makes and uses. For example, I've used this product in the past, which is derived from wild yams. I can confirm that my serum progesterone responded in a dose-dependent manner.
Do you know of any that are capsule/pill form?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Do you know of any that are capsule/pill form?
Seems to be kind of scarce on places like Amazon. I see one supplement that contains it but doesn't even say how much. You can order them on AllDayChemist.com, but be prepared to wait a month or two due to slow international shipping. In the worst case you can get USP powder from places like suchlabs.com. I've tended to avoid the oral route myself because of possibly less predictable results—I think I've read that at least initially you end up with a lot more metabolite formation.

jobshopper

I have been using a progesterone cream now for about 6 weeks. I am 68 years old. My starting progesterone level was .6 ng/mL. I have noticed an improvement in my BPH symptoms and I also notice that I sleep better. I use 1/8 teaspoon of cream applied to the scrotum at bedtime... 5 days per week. I will get labs done again next month.
I had labs done last week. After using PROGESTO-life progesterone cream that I purchased from Amazon as noted above, my progesterone level was 1.6 ng/ml after 12 weeks. I may increase this dosage to see if I can get my progesterone level up to around 3 ng/ml and then see how I feel.

Gman86

I had labs done last week. After using PROGESTO-life progesterone cream that I purchased from Amazon as noted above, my progesterone level was 1.6 ng/ml after 12 weeks. I may increase this dosage to see if I can get my progesterone level up to around 3 ng/ml and then see how I feel.
Isn’t 1.6 already too high? Ur not worried about high progesterone symptoms? What makes u think a level of 3.0 ng/ml would be a good thing, jc

I would definitely love to hear ur experience getting progesterone that high, but jc what ur rationale for wanting to go that high is

How do u feel with a level of 1.6? Any benefits that u’ve noticed? And negatives? How’s libido and erections?

ivkonst2017

Isn’t 1.6 already too high? Ur not worried about high progesterone symptoms? What makes u think a level of 3.0 ng/ml would be a good thing, jc

I would definitely love to hear ur experience getting progesterone that high, but jc what ur rationale for wanting to go that high is

My provider who is one of the few that really understands progestetone in men says the optimal for most men would be between 1 and 3 nmo/l but still very varyiable in different men according the receptors sensitivity. He evaluates the symptoms together with the values

Gman86

My provider who is one of the few that really understands progestetone in men says the optimal for most men would be between 1 and 3 nmo/l but still very varyiable in different men according the receptors sensitivity. He evaluates the symptoms together with the values
That doesn’t seem right. 1 nmol/l would equal around 3 ng/ml which is already way above the top of the range. The reference range for prog is (0.0-0.5 ng/ml). It used to be 0.0-1.0 ng/ml, which is the reference range I go by. But 1 nmol/l would already be very high on even the old reference range. And then 3 nmol/l would be around 9 ng/ml, which would be an insanely high prog level. U sure he didn’t mean that the optimal range for men would be 1-3 ng/ml?

@Cataceous I’m curious about ur thoughts on the comment above. Does those conversions make sense, and what’s ur thoughts on the optimal prog level range for men from ur research?

ivkonst2017

That doesn’t seem right. 1 nmol/l would equal around 3 ng/ml which is already way above the top of the range. The reference range for prog is (0.0-0.5 ng/ml). It used to be 0.0-1.0 ng/ml, which is the reference range I go by. But 1 nmol/l would already be very high on even the old reference range. And then 3 nmol/l would be around 9 ng/ml, which would be an insanely high prog level. U sure he didn’t mean that the optimal range for men would be 1-3 ng/ml?

@Cataceous I’m curious about ur thoughts on the comment above. Does those conversions make sense, and what’s ur thoughts on the optimal prog level range for men from ur research?

On my last test my progesterone was 0.32 ng/ml or 1.12nmol/l we discussed carefully those numbers and he said maybe the progesterone is enough for me and Im at the bottom of what he considers optimal values. Otherwise the range in my lab is up to 0.15ng/ml which according to him can be way too low for a lot of dudes but still for some might be enough so its a bit tricky

Cataceous

Super Moderator

At least if the endmemo.com conversion site is correct, the conversion factor is the other way around, with 1 ng/mL of progesterone corresponding to 3.18 nMol/L—close to what @ivkonst2017 is saying. The most recent NIH range for males is 0.2-1.4 ng/mL. It would be nice to know if this test is at all similar to LabCorp's version. There's going to be confusion until test harmonization is achieved.

Gman86

At least if the endmemo.com conversion site is correct, the conversion factor is the other way around, with 1 ng/mL of progesterone corresponding to 3.18 nMol/L—close to what @ivkonst2017 is saying. The most recent NIH range for males is 0.2-1.4 ng/mL. It would be nice to know if this test is at all similar to LabCorp's version. There's going to be confusion until test harmonization is achieved.
I’m getting differnt conversion rates from that site. Here’s a pic of what I got. So wouldn’t 1 nmol/l equal about 3-4 ng/ml and 3 nmol/l equal about 9-10 ng/ml? So wouldn’t 1-3 nmol/ml be way over the top of the NIH reference range for males of (0.2-1.4 ng/ml)?

Attachments

• 0936357F-FB9A-40B3-B68A-6F4037C0D797.png
    0936357F-FB9A-40B3-B68A-6F4037C0D797.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I’m getting differnt conversion rates from that site. Here’s a pic of what I got. So wouldn’t 1 nmol/l equal about 3 ng/ml and 3 nmol/l equal about 9-10 ng/ml? So wouldn’t 1-3 nmol/ml be way over the top of the NIH reference range for males of (0.2-1.4 ng/ml)?
They seem to have the labels backwards on the table portion. Let's revert to first principles to double check:

According to Wikipedia, the molar mass of progesterone is 314.469 g/Mol. Therefore:
1 ng/mL = 1 ng/mL * 1000 mL/L * 1 g/10^9 ng * 1 Mol / 314.469 g * 10^9 nMol/Mol = 3.18 nMol/L

or

1 nMol/L = 0.31 ng/mL

Gman86

They seem to have the labels backwards on the table portion. Let's revert to first principles to double check:

According to Wikipedia, the molar mass of progesterone is 314.469 g/Mol. Therefore:
1 ng/mL = 1 ng/mL * 1000 mL/L * 1 g/10^9 ng * 1 Mol / 314.469 g * 10^9 nMol/Mol = 3.18 nMol/L

or

1 nMol/L = 0.31 ng/mL
I’m convinced ur ai and not an actual human, this just confirmed my suspicions lol. But thanks for clarifying all that. So now his doctors recommendation makes total sense. His doctor is saying that the optimal range for men’s progesterone levels are (0.31-0.93 ng/ml) which seems very reasonable.

ivkonst2017

I’m convinced ur ai and not an actual human, this just confirmed my suspicions lol. But thanks for clarifying all that. So now his doctors recommendation makes total sense. His doctor is saying that the optimal range for men’s progesterone levels are (0.31-0.93 ng/ml) which seems very reasonable.
Ive found a site that easily converted the units, but dont remember which one

Jon H

Lactoferrin has been shown in clinical research to be more bioavailable, increasing serum ferritin levels 5.8x which allows for a more efficient absorption of iron, compared to other iron sources. It has also been proven to support the body's natural inflammatory response as measured by the IL-6 marker. Ref: Up Iron, Without Upsetting Stomachs.
Nelson,
For your consideration. I have hemochromatosis, and was trying everything I could to not have to do the harsh chemical iron chelation treatments. I had 8 phlebotomies in less than 6 months, with very low-iron diet, and still extremely high iron saturation and ferritin. The doc said I was in danger of liver failure or a heart attack within the next few months if I didn't immediately start chelation. I found some articles that explained the different effects of apolactoferrin, one being that it might be a powerful chelation agent that could be used for hemochromatosis. I used it for a two months and actually became borderline anemic because it lowered my iron so much. Ferritin also ended up being pretty low.
On the other hand, my wife has the opposite problem where, due to several intestinal surgeries she was dangerously anemic for decades. She was unable to take normal iron pills and iron transfusions were considered dangerous for her. I discovered heme iron polypeptide (HIP) supplements, which have worked amazingly well. Within a couple months her iron and ferritin were well within normal range. It was a life saver for her, and came with absolutely zero negative side effects normally associated with iron supplementation.
If the apolactoferrin works for you, great. If you find that it's not having the effect you want it to, then using HIP is a very viable and proven option.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
If the apolactoferrin works for you, great. If you find that it's not having the effect you want it to, then using HIP is a very viable and proven option.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I have finally found a clinic in Houston that does iron IVs if you have low ferritin and normal iron levels. I will report on this after I get it done next week. I will run a blood donation panel before and after just to see what effects it has.

I will definitely try the HIP supplement if this fails.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Anonymon

Although I enjoy pregnenolone cream more, I‘ve been trying Nelson’s recommended brand of pregnenolone pills in the morning at 100mg alongside it. It made me a little higher cortisol-y in the evening but my sleep was seemingly a lot deeper, both based on how I felt, my watch readings, and my complete inability to get up. Usually I’m a light sleeper if I can sleep at all. 100mg preg in the morning seemingly changed that. For me, I can only take it in the morning. Other times of day don’t work well for me, same with the cream, though initially the evening cream was relaxing.

Gman86

Although I enjoy pregnenolone cream more, I‘ve been trying Nelson’s recommended brand of pregnenolone pills in the morning at 100mg alongside it. It made me a little higher cortisol-y in the evening but my sleep was seemingly a lot deeper, both based on how I felt, my watch readings, and my complete inability to get up. Usually I’m a light sleeper if I can sleep at all. 100mg preg in the morning seemingly changed that. For me, I can only take it in the morning. Other times of day don’t work well for me, same with the cream, though initially the evening cream was relaxing.
So which are u planning on sticking with, the preg cream or preg pills?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me