Anyone here taking progesterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Forty2

Yes I do. 300 IU EOD is my current dosage.
You mentioned that pregnenolone significantly reduced your joint pain.
Why do you think that is? Is it having an anti-inflammatory effect, or is it having a healing effect? Is it the conversion to cortisol or progesterone that's responsible for the reduction in joint pain?
I remember when I was taking hCG I had less joint pain. My doctor at the time told me that's only because hCG raised my testosterone. I know he was wrong.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BadassBlues

You absolutely ain’t wrong! lol. I’m open to all possibilities, but I’ve been eating the same things every single day for years. It would be so random for my prog to jump so high from the foods I’m eating. But u never know! Lol

Im thinking that it could very well be the lugol’s iodine. My thyroid levels have remained the exact same as they were on the iodine, even after 2 months of cessation from it. If my thyroid levels end up coming back down to baseline, and prog stays elevated, I then know it wasn’t due to the iodine in any way. But I’m hoping that once my thyroid levels return to baseline, my prog levels follow
I believe you may have just found your source of the elevated progesterone level. Most of the studies and information are based on females, but the connection between iodine/thyroid/progesterone is well documented. If your thyroid levels, especially T3 are still elevated from the iodine, it could take a while for that to resolve.

Gianluca

I am. Was just looking back at my years of blood work, and I don’t think it’s due to the HCG tho. HCG used to raise almost all of my downstream hormones. DHEA, prog, E2, prolactin. But a few years ago HCG just stopped increasing these downstream hormones, and doesn’t do a lot in regards to increasing testicular size, like it used to when it used to increase downstream hormones. Now it’s like injecting water, as far as downstream hormones go. Even when using Pregnyl, which is the brand that used to noticeably increase my downstream hormones when I would take it. I’m still currently taking pregnyl, and have for a long time now.

Back when HCG used to increase downstream hormones, I was using between 800-1000iu’s/ week. On those doses back then, my prog would range from around 0.7-1.0. 1.0 being the highest I ever saw HCG increase my prog level. And that was when I would use 1000iu’s/ week. For a while now I’ve been using doses below 500iu’s/ week, and my prog is higher than ever. For example, on 425iu’s/ week my prog level came back at 1.6 (0.5-1.0). So I don’t think it’s the HCG that’s causing this, but now u got me thinking, and even tho I’m not confident the HCG is what’s doing it, I see no harm rn in cutting it out for a while and checking my prog level to see if it comes down at all. So that’s what I’m gonna do starting today

After eliminating almost every variable I can think of, and narrowing down what could be the cause, my last hope is the lugol’s iodine that Ive been taking for a long time now. I cut it out for a few months, and my prog level didn’t come down at all. But my thyroid levels didn’t come down at all after the 2 months of discontinuing lugol’s iodine either. So I’m thinking maybe the half life of lugols is longer than I thought, or the iodine is trickling out of my tissues at a slower rate than I thought, or something along those lines, and I just need to give it more time off of the iodine to see my prog levels drop, if in fact thats what is causing it. So I’m hoping that if I see my thyroid levels drop back down to baseline, my prog levels will drop back to baseline as well. And I’m hoping the lugols iodine is responsible for both. I know for a fact it’s what increased my thyroid levels, and dropped my tsh to basically zero, but time will tell in regards to it being responsible for the increased prog level as well

if my prog level does end up coming back to baseline during my next set of labs, i‘ll simply add HCG back in, retest in a month or two, and see if prog levels shoot back up or not. That will then tell me of the HCG had anything to do with it obv
Thyroid hormone helps to convert cholesterol into Pregnenolone, maybe that helped to some extent, did you cholesterol decreased as well?

tropicaldaze1950

Last night, desperately needing to sleep, I took about 80 mg of progesterone USP drops. Did get to sleep, had erections on and off most of the night...and experienced the most frightening nightmare. Yes, you can criticize me for taking such a large dose but I'm not new to experimenting with progesterone. At high doses it can act like an anesthetic, which I wanted to determine. I needed to knock myself out. I haven't had a restful night of sleep in a few weeks, likely from the stress of caring for my wife, which is fueling more mood instability from bipolar illness. A vicious circle. And to state, high dose pregnenolone, taken in the morning to reduce anxiety and blood pressure, has also produced disturbing dreams.

Last edited:

Gman86

Doing your own differentials. It's the only way. You'll figure it out. It might drive you nuts but you'll get there, LOL.
Thanks for the encouraging words! I know I’ll eventually figure it out, but ur spot on, it’s been a very annoying process trying so far! lol. Thought for sure it would be way easier and quicker to figure out what’s raising it so much

DS3

You mentioned that pregnenolone significantly reduced your joint pain.
Why do you think that is? Is it having an anti-inflammatory effect, or is it having a healing effect? Is it the conversion to cortisol or progesterone that's responsible for the reduction in joint pain?
I remember when I was taking hCG I had less joint pain. My doctor at the time told me that's only because hCG raised my testosterone. I know he was wrong.
I am sure that the pregnenolone was converting a percentage into estrogen, causing a reduction in joint pain. I always had issues managing estrogen on TRT, so Anastrozole or a DHT-derivative like Primobolan have always been required for me to feel well. Anastrozole and Primo have both contributed to joint pain, which is one of the major reasons I experience such pain.

Gman86

Thyroid hormone helps to convert cholesterol into Pregnenolone, maybe that helped to some extent, did you cholesterol decreased as well?
That’s a good point. Here‘s a set of labs from 2019, thyroid, prog, iron levels and lipids, vs my latest set of labs that I just had done in august. Looks like I was on a low dose of NDT in the 2019 labs. Overall my cholesterol levels went up on my recent labs, compared to these 2019 labs

So are u saying in situations where more cholesterol is being used to create certain hormones, a person could theoretically see a decrease in cholesterol levels, due to more of it being used to create said hormones?

8-28-19
On 1/4 grain WP thyroid ED in am for 1 month. Labs done 24 hours after last dose.

No HCG

Progesterone - 0.6 (<1.4)

T3 total - 130 (76-181)

T4 total - 6.3 (4.5-10.5)

Free T3 - 3.9 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 0.9 (0.8-1.8)

Rt3 - 9 (8-25)

TSH - 0.60 (0.4-4.5)

Iron, Total - 106 (50-180)

Iron % saturation - 37% (15-60)

Iron Binding Capacity - 285 (250-425)

Ferritin - 45 (20-345)

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL - 183

HDL CHOLESTEROL - 59 (>40)

TRIGLYCERIDES - 36 (<150)

LDL-CHOLESTEROL - 113

8-8-23
350iu’s HCG/ week

No lugol‘s iodine (last dose 5-30-23)

Progesterone - 1.6 (<1.4)

T3 total - 116 (76-181)

T4 total - 5.3 (4.5-10.5)

Free T3 - 5.1 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 1.2 (0.8-1.8)

Rt3 - 13 (8-25)

TSH - 0.02 (0.4-4.5)

Iron, Total - 115 (50-180)

Iron % saturation - 31% (15-60)

Iron Binding Capacity - 376 (250-425)

Ferritin - 17 (20-345)

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL - 218

HDL CHOLESTEROL - 55 (>40)

TRIGLYCERIDES - 32 (<150)

LDL-CHOLESTEROL - 153

Gman86

I believe you may have just found your source of the elevated progesterone level. Most of the studies and information are based on females, but the connection between iodine/thyroid/progesterone is well documented. If your thyroid levels, especially T3 are still elevated from the iodine, it could take a while for that to resolve.
So u’ve seen data showing that increasing thyroid levels via exogenous iodine ingestion could also result in an increase in prog levels?

ya I was shocked to see my thyroid levels unchanged, even after not taking any lugols iodine for a little over 2 months. In my reply previous to this, u can see where my baseline thyroid levels basically sit. I was on a tiny bit of NDT during those labs, but those levels are still roughly where my baseline thyroid levels sit, without any lugols iodine. I’ll have to go back and see if my elevated prog level correlates to when I started taking lugols iodine, and when my free T3 level shot up pretty significantly

Gman86

@BadassBlues here’s some of thyroid lab journey for reference. Looks like it took a bit for lugols iodine to increase my free T3 levels, and took even longer to drop my TSH to basically zero, even while taking doses as high as 50mg/ day. So I guess it makes sense that it would take a while for my levels to fall back to baseline once discontinuing

1-25-21
No thyroid meds
50mg lugol’s iodine/ day

T3 total - 118 (76-181)

Free T3 - 4.0 (2.3-4.2)

Free T4 - 1.08 (0.8-1.8)

RT3 - 10.2 (9.2-24.1)

TSH - 0.735 (0.4-4.5)

Iron, Total - 135 (50-180)

Iron % saturation - 53% (15-60)

Iron Binding Capacity - 263 (250-425)

UIBC - 124 (111-343)

Ferritin - 80 (30-400)

6/24/21
(Not on any iodine)

TSH - 1.17 (0.4-4.5)

T3 total - 97 (76-181)

T4 total - 4.3 (4.5-10.5)

Free T3 - 3.4 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 0.9 (0.8-1.8)

RT3 - 9.8 (8-25)

7/14/22
(1 drop of 2% lugol’s everyday)

TSH - 0.97 (0.4-4.5)

T3 total - 110 (76-181)

T4 total - 5.4 (4.5-10.5)

Free T3 - 4.3 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 1.3 (0.8-1.8)

RT3 - 11 (8-25)

11/22/22

TSH - 1.02 (0.4-4.5)

T3 total - 114 (76-181)

Free T3 - 5.1 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 1.3 (0.8-1.8)

RT3 - 11 (8-25)

5/30/23

TSH - 0.02 (0.4-4.5)

T3 total - 126 (76-181)

T4 total - 4.8 (4.5-10.5)

Free T3 - 5.3 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 1.2 (0.8-1.8)

RT3 - 15 (8-25)

8-8-23
350iu’s HCG
NO LUGOL’S IODINE

TSH - 0.02 (0.4-4.5)

T3 total - 116 (76-181)

Free T3 - 5.1 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 1.2 (0.8-1.8)

Rt3 - 13 (8-25)

Iron, Total - 115 (50-180)

Iron % saturation - 31% (15-60)

Iron Binding Capacity - 376 (250-425)

Ferritin - 17 (20-345)

Gman86

Was just looking back at my labs over the years, and it actually does look like there’s a really good chance that my increased prog level does correlate with when I started taking lugols iodine. Will report back when I get my next set of labs done. Whether my thyroid and prog levels come down or not, I’ll report back with an update

if there’s anyone else using lugols iodine, I would love to see where ur prog levels sit, if u can get them tested. Or if anyone wants to start taking a low dose of lugols iodine and then see where their prog levels sit, that would be great as well

Bmac

Sorta related to the thread, I had my 30 year old brother who’s not on trt get a blood test which included progesterone. Will be interesting to see his levels with a normal functioning HTPA

Gman86

Sorta related to the thread, I had my 30 year old brother who’s not on trt get a blood test which included progesterone. Will be interesting to see his levels with a normal functioning HTPA
Would love to see those results

Last edited:

BadassBlues

Was just looking back at my labs over the years, and it actually does look like there’s a really good chance that my increased prog level does correlate with when I started taking lugols iodine. Will report back when I get my next set of labs done. Whether my thyroid and prog levels come down or not, I’ll report back with an update

if there’s anyone else using lugols iodine, I would love to see where ur prog levels sit, if u can get them tested. Or if anyone wants to start taking a low dose of lugols iodine and then see where their prog levels sit, that would be great as well
I have always been skeptical of the push to take a lot of iodine. This was a big thing 10 years ago and I knew guys who were consuming a large amount of it.

I am fortunate, I suppose, that I have very good thyroid function and have never wanted to mess around with too much of anything thyroid related. That is not counting my taking T3 for cutting purposes though...;) That was before I discovered peptides...

Gman86

My brothers progesterone came back at 0.18 ng/ml
Whoah really?!? Idk if I’ve ever seen a prog level this low, natural or on HRT. Do u happen to have the range for that prog test, and the lab he had it done at?

Would u be open to sharing the rest of the labs he had done? U can obv just block out his info, to keep everything anonymous. I‘d love to see what a 30 year old male’s labs look like in 2023

Gman86

I have always been skeptical of the push to take a lot of iodine. This was a big thing 10 years ago and I knew guys who were consuming a large amount of it.

I am fortunate, I suppose, that I have very good thyroid function and have never wanted to mess around with too much of anything thyroid related. That is not counting my taking T3 for cutting purposes though...;) That was before I discovered peptides...
Smart man! Lol. Very rarely is hyperdosing anything gonna be good for the body. The body loves balance.

I am happy that I found a natural and easy way to raise my free T3 to the degree that 1 drop of 2% lugols has. It’s nice to know I can easily boost thyroid function whenever I want. I’m gonna see how much iodine I can get from the foods I eat on a regular basis, and see how high I can keep my free T3 without iodine supplementation. But if my free T3 ends up going back into the 3’s, I can see myself using a lower dose of lugols in the future. Basically find the minimum effective dose to get my free T3 into the high 4’s. I think overtime a drop per day of the 2% lugols just ended up being too much. But I am still an advocate for getting in a sufficient amount of iodine. I do still believe proper iodine ingestion has a ton of benefits, and is most likely something many people do not get enough of

BadassBlues

Smart man! Lol. Very rarely is hyperdosing anything gonna be good for the body. The body loves balance.

I am happy that I found a natural and easy way to raise my free T3 to the degree that 1 drop of 2% lugols has. It’s nice to know I can easily boost thyroid function whenever I want. I’m gonna see how much iodine I can get from the foods I eat on a regular basis, and see how high I can keep my free T3 without iodine supplementation. But if my free T3 ends up going back into the 3’s, I can see myself using a lower dose of lugols in the future. Basically find the minimum effective dose to get my free T3 into the high 4’s. I think overtime a drop per day of the 2% lugols just ended up being too much. But I am still an advocate for getting in a sufficient amount of iodine. I do still believe proper iodine ingestion has a ton of benefits, and is most likely something many people do not get enough of
That is true, that’s the reason they started putting iodine in salt. I eat a lot of iodine rich foods, shrimp, fish, eggs, cheese etc…

Im not against supplemental iodine by any means, but some take it too far. We had a member on ATM that advocated huge amounts daily.

Gman86

That is true, that’s the reason they started putting iodine in salt. I eat a lot of iodine rich foods, shrimp, fish, eggs, cheese etc…

Im not against supplemental iodine by any means, but some take it too far. We had a member on ATM that advocated huge amounts daily.
Where do ur thyroid levels sit? Jc. Sounds like u should be getting a solid amount of iodine via ur diet

Ya I‘ve been researching iodine for years and years, and am part of 3 iodine fb groups. There’s an endless amount of people taking very high doses and seeing amazing results. So it’s hard to not be tempted to try it urself sometimes. I’m also part of a vitamin D fb group, and the people in there take very high doses of vitamin D and see amazing results as well. But then I’m also part of a fb group that thinks oral vitamin D is absolutely horrible for u. So it’s hard to know what to make of things sometimes lol. Lately I’ve shifted my views more towards balance most likely being the answer with everything, and I’m not really interested in experimenting with hyperdosing anything, even if I see tons of anecdotes of people having success doing so.

Don’t mean to derail things, but I’m jc, do u take vitamin D? If so, how many iu’s per day?

BadassBlues

I had my thyroid panel done 3 months ago. I don’t recall exact numbers, but T3 was upper range.

I am outside a lot and get plenty of fresh air and sunshine, I take 4000 iu of vitamin D.

Balance is, and always has been my mantra…

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me