Anyone doing better off trt long term?

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

I wanted to post this to see if anyone has quit trt and been off long term. I’ve struggled for years on trt and have tried quitting twice but the withdrawals are horrendous. I’ve been shut down nearly a decade with less than two months on hcg total. I’m generally healthy and on no medications but I’m 45 y/o and don’t know if I’ve been shut down too long. If anyone on here has successfully stopped and are doing better or know someone that has please share your experience.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

StepbyStep

I quit TRT after 14 months on injections. Felt WAY better all natural than I ever did injecting. My TT got to 460ng/dL, which was surprising because my pre-TRT levels were only 280ng/dL.

Felt pretty good, but my body was breaking down, losing muscle mass, gaining fat, and my joints were killing me at work. I decided to give TRT one last try, but with the creams this time. I've been on the cream since June, and I feel great.

Gman86

I quit TRT after 14 months on injections. Felt WAY better all natural than I ever did injecting. My TT got to 460ng/dL, which was surprising because my pre-TRT levels were only 280ng/dL.

Felt pretty good, but my body was breaking down, losing muscle mass, gaining fat, and my joints were killing me at work. I decided to give TRT one last try, but with the creams this time. I've been on the cream since June, and I feel great.

Don’t want to derail the thread, but do you mind posting your current cream protocol?

fifty

I stopped and feel better than on. I was only injecting for a year though. When I quit, i went on hcg only (300iu daily) for a couple weeks and felt really good. Then switched to clomid for a few weeks. Felt pretty bad for a few weeks in the clomid time (falling asleep at work etc) but I got over it and am pretty good now off everything.

Considering cream for the future.

sh1973

I think the daily variation in levels from the cream would be beneficial. I've considered for a while giving Androgel another try, since using it was the best I've felt on TRT was with it. The withdrawals from the cypionate sends me into a really bad place and honestly scares me. Just not sure what's the best route to go and not sure if should just leave well enough alone.

Charliebizz

Damn it I finally accepted trt isn’t for me. And I see this post. The only reason I haven’t tried gel is I have small kid and another on the way. My last natural t level came back 211. I’m not horrible just feel kind of beat up

timk

I’ve been off for over 6 months. I feel better off than on.

Blood pressure on was 140/90 most days now it’s 110/70.

Zero anxiety.

Lost 10 pounds immediately and down 15 this year.

Lift six days a week, eat meat and some fruit for diet.

I’ve yet to get my T rechecked and will soon.

sh1973

Fifty did you have blunted emotions on trt? Just curious if it went away when u stopped. This has definitely been a problem for me nearly the whole time on injections, sort of like being emotionally flat.

fifty

Fifty did you have blunted emotions on trt? Just curious if it went away when u stopped. This has definitely been a problem for me nearly the whole time on injections, sort of like being emotionally flat.
I didn’t notice that specifically.

StepbyStep

I had that problem no doubt on the injections. After going off of them, I feel like I got my life back.

StepbyStep

hows things going on this protocol? Any blood work?
Been on the cream for 3 months, have some questions
Here is my last thread with recent labs, I feel like I didn't wait long enough after application on those bloods, and I also switched application sights from my ribcage to my shoulders. I feel like the shoulders give me high TT because I'm starting to see some positive body comp changes. I plan to do a mini round of blood work this week to see if applying to the shoulders and waiting longer gives me a higher TT, then I'm moving to 4 clicks per day per recommendation from Dr. Saya.

Still feel great, I feel like a normal person with solid energy levels and mental clarity. Unfortunately my ED has come back with vengeance, so we added Doxasozin to the mix at 1mg per day.

Last edited:

Gman86

Here is my last thread with recent labs, I feel like I didn't wait long enough after application on those bloods, and I also switched application sights from my ribcage to my shoulders. I feel like the shoulders give me high TT because I'm starting to see some positive body comp changes. I plan to do a mini round of blood work this week to see if applying to the shoulders and waiting longer gives me a higher TT, then I'm moving to 4 clicks per day per recommendation from Dr. Saya.

Still feel great, I feel like a normal person with solid energy levels and mental clarity. Unfortunately my ED has come back with vengeance, so we added Doxasozin to the mix at 1mg per day.

I think you forgot to add the thread link to your reply.

very interesting, I would think the shoulders would be a poor application site due to skin not being very thing there and the area not being very vascular near the surface. Why did you go with the shoulders, and not areas that are more vascular like the inner forearms or back of the knees, for a couple examples.

Also, why are you not applying all the cream to your scrotum? Are you worried about elevated DHT?

StepbyStep

My bad, added the link. I asked Dr. Saya and he said the rib cage or shoulders are fine. I decided against other areas for fear of transferring it to my GF. I want to keep the application sites under clothing so that there is no direct skin contact with her or furniture. I may try other areas this winter when I wear clothing that covers it.

My DHT sat at 240ng/dL(30-80) with just one click to the scrotum. Personally I'm happy with that number, and while the consensus is that elevated DHT is safe in males without prostate issues, we're still pretty far from that being an absolute certainty IMO. I will consider increasing the dose to the scrotum in the future, but I want to play around with trying to keep my hormones closer to normal limits.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me