An Anabolic Steroid to Treat Covid-19?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

This is posted more for its amusement value rather than a serious suggestion for therapy. The IEEE Spectrum has posted an article on a new approach to treating COVID. It says:

"One of the most persistent and deadly outcomes of extreme COVID disease involves the lungs of patients filling with fluid, forcing the patient to fight for every breath. There, too, the mechanism and genetic pathway the researchers have uncovered could possibly explain what’s going on.

"Because bradykinin makes blood vessels more permeable, lung tissue gets inundated with fluid that begins to make it swell. “You have two interconnected pathways, and the virus can tilt the balance to these two pathways with a catastrophic outcome,” Jacobson said. “The bradykinin cascade goes out control, and that allows fluid to leak out of the blood vessels, with immune cells infiltrating out. And you effectively have fluid pouring into your lungs.”

"Jacobson’s group’s paper then highlights ten possible therapies developed for other conditions that might also address the coronavirus's "bradykinin storm" problem. Potential therapies include compounds like icatibant, danazol, stanozolol, ecallantide, berinert, cinryze and haegarda, all of whose predicted effect is to reduce bradykinin levels in a patient."

The drug name that jumped out at me was stanozolol, which is also known as Winstrol. A couple months ago someone posted a joke about anabolic steroids curing covid-19. It would be ironic if that joke turned out to be true.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching