AI or not?

Buy Lab Tests Online

drwo

Hi everyone. I am set to begin TRT and meds should arrive soon. I was prescribed 150/wk test cyp, along with HGC and .125mg Arimidex when I inject test (3 times a week). My E2 was 44. Doc recommended the AI even after I voiced concerns based on things I've read here. The reasons for AI is high E2 and a very low dose of AI. I was told that dosage is basically "microdosing" and that she's never had a patient crash E2 on such a low dose. I just wanted to hear advice and experience from others. This is my first post but I've been lurking the boards for a couple of years now. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

antelopers

Hi everyone. I am set to begin TRT and meds should arrive soon. I was prescribed 150/wk test cyp, along with HGC and .125mg Arimidex when I inject test (3 times a week). My E2 was 44. Doc recommended the AI even after I voiced concerns based on things I've read here. The reasons for AI is high E2 and a very low dose of AI. I was told that dosage is basically "microdosing" and that she's never had a patient crash E2 on such a low dose. I just wanted to hear advice and experience from others. This is my first post but I've been lurking the boards for a couple of years now. Thanks!
"How do you feel?" Is the question it comes down to. If you aren't having symptoms I wouldn't take the AI. Some men are very sensitive to AI. Even .125mg will crash it for me. A lot of guys are fine with this dose. So if you don't have high E2 symptoms, there's no need to take it with e2 in the 40s. You don't know where you're going to land if you're just starting trt so I'd hold off for a while.

Vince

Super Moderator
It seems that your estrogen is already high, even before you start trt. I can see why your doctor is concerned. If it was me, I would start with the prescribed dose of your AI.

It would be nice to see a complete set of your Labs along with the ranges.

What the numbers are now isn't worth much everything is going to change and there's no reason to presume E2 would be high on TRT.
True though that that is a micro-dose, 1/8th of milligram is unlikely to upend some one's E profile. I wouldn't use it at this time. Its more likely wrong than right that the E2 @ 44 is the wrong test, too.

An AI should never be a basic inclusion in TRT and used "just because". When you follow on with labs at a min 6 weeks and judge the numbers, and SYMPTOMS, then you can have the AI conversation.

That's the only prudent advice to give.

swellco

For what it worth I take it and I feel better with that exact dose. I’m a low shbg guy and feel better with lower E2. Without AI I don’t feel good evwb with EOD injections.

manz

44 is not so high to need ai. at same time i agree with your doc: is IMPOSSIBLE crash or lower so much E2 with that ridicule dose of ai

Cataceous

Super Moderator
An anastrozole dose of 0.07 mg EOD (0.245 mg/week) takes my estradiol from 50s to 30s pg/mL. Some guys absolutely could take estradiol too low with 0.375 mg per week. Go low and slow with dosing to avoid this.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Ho did you made that dose? I mean which format (or brand) of anastrozole did you used?
Mine is 1 mg tabs and tab is really small, is impossible cut in less the 4 part...
This is generic anastrozole from the Sam's Club pharmacy, self-compounded. I dissolve one 1-mg tablet in 10 mL of vodka. I dose with a 1-mL oral syringe. Typical daily dose is 35 mcg (0.035 mg) anastrozole which is in 0.35 mL of solution.

drwo

Ho did you made that dose? I mean which format (or brand) of anastrozole did you used?
Mine is 1 mg tabs and tab is really small, is impossible cut in less the 4 part...
The compounding pharmacy, Empower, sells them in this and other low dose capsules.

manz

An anastrozole dose of 0.07 mg EOD (0.245 mg/week)

a small daily dose is absolutely strongest than a single dose:
with 0,25mg only once week i had my estradiol from 68.5 to 58.5 with TT@10,9 ng/ml.
Probably if you use your microdose in a single dose you could have 10 points more of e2.
When i started trt @ 200 mg weekly, my TT was 23ng ml and my e2 with 0.25 mg anastrozole EOD was 85 pg ml....
Each one is different but a lot of people believe that anastrozole is extremely strong: Letrozole is strong, anastrozole (from study) @ 1 mg day reduced on a boy with gynecomastia E2 of 50% (pubmed).
Obvious having activ life of 46 hours, the result is different if is used ED or EOD or twice weekly or once weekly.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
a small daily dose is absolutely strongest than a single dose:
with 0,25mg only once week i had my estradiol from 68.5 to 58.5 with TT@10,9 ng/ml.
Probably if you use your microdose in a single dose you could have 10 points more of e2.
I'm not sure if less frequent dosing is necessarily less strong. It definitely causes more fluctuations in estradiol; in the case of anastrozole, weekly dosing results in the pre-dose serum AI concentration being less than an eight of the post-dose level.

manz

I'm not sure if less frequent dosing is necessarily less strong. It definitely causes more fluctuations in estradiol; in the case of anastrozole, weekly dosing results in the pre-dose serum AI concentration being less than an eight of the post-dose level.

The half life of the product is 46 hours... it can't act instantly.
I tried anastrozole @ many dosage (cycling) is not so strong to create so big results: with 500 TE weekly i didnt had less then 60 pg/ml using 0.5mg DAILY and with the full dose (1 mg daily) i dint had less then 26 pg ml on 8 weeks... .
There was an old study on a young boy with gynecomastia and it showed that using a full dose daily (1 mg) it reduced hos level of 50% only (i am speaking of 1 mg day).
Obviously it act in different measur on each one so i agree it need to be used starting very low.

trt reznor

.125 will crash my E2 with just one dose. I’m an overresponder, but everyone is different.

I’ve read an article where Dr Charles Glueck has made some connections between AI like arimidex/anastrozole and DVT, which are blood clots in the large veins of the body, and have been known to cause death. Just food for thought, I personally would do whatever I can to not have to take it. I have had success lowering my E2 with Zinc if I needed to, but even that is hard to dial in. In the long run, I ended up getting rid of the hCG altogether which was the source of my E2 problems, and am feeling way better now.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me