Advice for newbie w/ Lab Results?

Buy Lab Tests Online

bohica

Recently turned 43 and a friend who’s had excellent results from TRT gave me some hope that maybe there’s something I can do about my low energy and libido. I eat healthy and workout, but feeling nothing like I did 10 years ago. Got lab results (attached) back this week and I’m scheduling a consult w/ Defy… but would greatly appreciate ANY thoughts or unofficial advice any of you might be willing to share. Been browsing this forum for about a month and appreciate the insight on here as this is all new to me.

Attachments

• Test Results.pdf
    754.4 KB · Views: 74
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
One test isn't definitive, but these results say that low testosterone is probably not your problem. I would not start TRT with these numbers. The elevated gonadotropins (LH/FSH) are a little odd, and possibly hint at early testicular insufficiency. If you're determined to go in this direction then I would try a testosterone nasal gel for a few months. This would let you experience higher levels without as much disruption of your other hormones. Given that your hemoglobin and hematocrit are already at the high end, I think any use of exogenous testosterone is likely to cause you problems with additional elevation.

Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Other things to look at include thyroid hormones, zinc and vitamin D status.

bohica

Thanks for your response. I was tested for sleep apnea ~5 years ago and had no problems. I’m not determined to start TRT or take any predetermined course of action unless there’s good reason to believe it would lead to better health. If nothing else, I’m hesitant to start tweaking with the valves and would be ecstatic to find out that my low energy was the result of a zinc or vitamin D deficiency.

So many supplements and vitamin manufacturers out there it’s overwhelming to try to figure out what’s garbage and what’s worth taking. Anyone here have a supplement brand they swear by that isn’t paying them?

Also, got my blood test through DiscountedLabs (thank you, Nelson ) and figure I’ll keep doing that at least every 3-4 months. Any recommendation on which test on there is most comprehensive yet still cost effective? Just not sure if the one I got checked all the boxes for what’s worth testing or if I missed something. Again, thanks for helping out this newb- I’m sure you guys get these rookie questions all the time.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me