A Ketamine Revolution for Depression and Pain?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
“In slightly more than a decade, the emergence of ketamine’s rapid antidepressant effects has been viewed by some experts in the field as arguably the most important psychiatric discovery in half a century.“ Niciu et al.

The FDA panel’s recent overwhelmingly positive (14-2) vote and the subsequent approval of a ketamine drug nasal spray called Spravato to treat treatment-resistant depression brought to market the first fundamentally new approach to depression in decades. Spravato was tested in people with severe depression who have not been amenable to other treatments. (Only people who have tried and failed two other depression drugs are eligible for Spravato.)

The need for more effective antidepressants is large. About a third of depressed patients do not get relief, and about 50% more stop their drugs because of side effects or other issues. Plus, the current crop of antidepressant drugs typically take weeks to months to take effect, and withdrawing from the drugs can produce major problems in some. (Check out this New Yorker article for more on that.) The possibility of a new, fast-acting, antidepressant drug is enticing indeed.

With the advent of Spravato, instead of paying out of pocket for IV ketamine infusions, some people with depression will be able to get their ketamine treatments reimbursed by insurance. (They will need it – the drug will reportedly cost several thousand dollars for the first month.)

Ketamine infusions certainly fit the bill for one woman with treatment-resistant depression who’d unsuccessfully tried dozens of drugs. She described the positive mind-altering changes she experienced while on ketamine:

“It feels like your body rises up, like you’re on a very peaceful roller coaster, and you’re riding a wave into a different dimension… During treatments, I feel like I learn about myself. Because I feel safe and positive, I’m able to confront things that I typically fear or that give me anxiety, like death. Because I’m able to face negative things during treatment, I’m better able to face them and cope with them outside treatment.

“After the first treatment, I felt a weight lift off me within hours. After three to four treatments, I could hear birds chirping and see vibrant colors again; I could walk out of the house without making a million excuses for why I couldn’t. I had hope again. It was the first time in 20 years that I’d felt relief. And the results just kept getting better and better with each treatment.”

Another young man’s inconsolable grief was rapidly ameliorated by ketamine. The death of his young wife left him so grief-stricken that he refused food, spoke in a tiny voice, broke out in crying spells, was borderline catatonic and ultimately ended up in the hospital."

A Ketamine Revolution for Depression and Pain? Spravato, Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS - Health Rising

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

masfield

i've been doing it for six months now, 2 x a month, and, as i've mentioned here before, it's been both a life changer and a life saver. if you've got some serious issues, like treatment resistant depression or ptsd, you owe it to yourself to investigate it.

masfield

this stuff is so new that lots of studies are about to get underway and ... volunteers are needed. i just finished up one that lasted for three months, twice a week. at $400 a session paid for by somebody else, that's a lot of money saved. now i'm worried about paying for it going forward.
my guy is going to be one of the first to get the new nasal inhaler. he doesn't think it's going to provide nearly the experience that a regular full dose does, but we shall see.

ERO

i've been doing it for six months now, 2 x a month, and, as i've mentioned here before, it's been both a life changer and a life saver. if you've got some serious issues, like treatment resistant depression or ptsd, you owe it to yourself to investigate it.
It is awesome that a twice a month treatment works wonders like that!

masfield

i tried going three weeks between treatments but that led to some serious backsliding. it's different for everybody. due to the cost, i wish i could go a month or more between, but right now, two is my magic number.

i wish i could figure out a way to invest in the future of ketamine. no way at the moment that i can see. but it would be getting in on the ground floor of something that is potentially going to change mental health treatments in the biggest way ever. i'm sure that's been said about lots of other drugs etc before, but even so, i'd be willing to take a flier.

I read that some believe that this drug can become addictive as street drug. But I have nothing to back that up. I would be very careful. In Sweden they call it a rape drug guys put some in a womans drink and she is defensless. However I also read that this drug may be a new approach treating depression etc.,

I read that some believe that this drug can become addictive as street drug. But I have nothing to back that up. I would be very careful. In Sweden they call it a rape drug guys put some in a womans drink and she is defensless. However I also read that this drug may be a new approach treating depression etc.,

I work in mental health and attended a training last month. One of the presenters was a doctor from McLean Hospital in Massachusetts, one of the world’s most innovative treatment centers. McLean’s has a ketamine clinic and is conducting studies. Ketamine was not the topic, but he did answer a question about it. He was clear that the ketamine used is very different from the ketamine on the street. He said that street ketamine is cut with a lot of other stuff that makes it very impure and that the preliminary research is, that when combined with psychotherapy, promising.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I did three IVs a month apart at a clinic in Houston and they worked great for me to reset me into a more peaceful (less negative) thought process.

mooseman109

My wife treats dolks with letmine and a similar one called spravato, sp? Tremendous success. There are apparently some tight restrictions that it worls dor if I hear her speaking correctly

stickersteve

There are other ways you can take ketamine. I have experimented with it off and on using low dose troches under the tongue. Just did one an hour ago. I probably need to do it more. I take a quarter of a troche. it is enough where you feel it but not enough where you feel out of control. I have tried a half a few times and my friend can take a whole one and barely feel it so everyones tolerance is different. the troches are usually made at compounding pharmacies and a lot less expensive than the other ways

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me