Warning for Men on TRT: Low Ferritin is Bad

Buy Lab Tests Online

RN2PA0611

Thought I'd share my recent ferritin numbers. No donations or iron supplementation during this period.
1/10/2023 - 150mg Test Cyp Weekly (MWF) - Ferritin 16
3/1/2023 - End of Enclomiphene (No Test) - Ferritin 102
3/30/2023 - 84mg Test Cyp Weekly (daily shots) - Ferritin 26
Crazy how quickly ferritin recovered once testosterone was stopped and then how quickly it dropped back after resuming testosterone. 16 to 102 just by stopping testosterone injections, then 102 to 26 with no change except starting testosterone injections, all within 3 months.
I experience this same problem. Ferritin drops like a rock almost instantly. Joined this forum because I've been searching for answers to my symptoms. Can't stay on TRT for more than a month or two because I end up feeling horrible.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I experience this same problem. Ferritin drops like a rock almost instantly. Joined this forum because I've been searching for answers to my symptoms. Can't stay on TRT for more than a month or two because I end up feeling horrible.
Have you ever had your magnesium levels checked. I keep my in the high range.

Magnesium is known to play a role in iron metabolism, including the absorption, transport, and utilization of iron. Studies have shown that magnesium deficiency can lead to impaired iron absorption and utilization, potentially affecting ferritin levels.
1704655646007.png

Home › info › d...

Does Magnesium Affect Ferritin Levels? Exploring the Relationship - Statcare

RN2PA0611

My understanding is that Ferritin is a carrier for iron, but the amount of iron it is actually bound to can vary dramatically, and TIBC is a much more accurate market for iron itself. Therefore low ferritin does not actually mean low iron. Low iron would be very unlikely in men eating beef and liver, with the exception of endurance runners who apparently excrete iron due to red blood cell damage. For everyone else there is no mechanism other that blood loss or chelation to remove iron. I haven't looked into this in great detail, but when I had a low ferritin reading my TIBC was fine, and I am much more concerned about avoiding iron overload that being low in iron, since low iron for me would be very unlikely but high iron could be a risk.
Ferritin levels do fluctuate, and it is an acute phase reactant, meaning it can also spike due to things like infection, inflammation, etc. However, ferritin is the most specific lab for assessing iron stores.
You're right that most men do not experience iron deficiency, but it is common to men on testosterone therapy. Again, ferritin levels indicate iron status, not serum iron. What us TRT users experience is depletion of stored iron due to activation of EPO secondary to exogenous testosterone supplementation. So, you'll have enough iron-bound to hemoglobin but your iron stores can be deficient.

RN2PA0611

Magnesium is known to play a role in iron metabolism, including the absorption, transport, and utilization of iron. Studies have shown that magnesium deficiency can lead to impaired iron absorption and utilization, potentially affecting ferritin levels.
View attachment 40615
Home › info › d...

No, but that's an excellent point and I'll request it. I think my personal experience is a combination of two things: overdonating blood, due to the online TRT company that I was using urging me to donate frequently even though I never had elevated h&h levels AND now possible inflammatory bowel disease, which can hinder vitamin and mineral uptake. It's extremely frustrating to have good numbers on paper but feel like absolute dog shit.

RN2PA0611

hey @FDV70

Any thoughts on my results in

I’ve been following your protocol on and off over the last year and often for runs longer than a week . Sometimes a couple of weeks at a time.

As you can see my ferritin level is great (200+)
(It was 15 in September 2022 when I first had a blood test) . It’s my other results I don’t know what to make of.

Thanks
Can you please tell me how often you ran the Vorck protocol to get from 15 to 200? I've tried it a couple times with a moderate increase but my levels don't stay long. Thanks in advance.

Gman86

No, but that's an excellent point and I'll request it. I think my personal experience is a combination of two things: overdonating blood, due to the online TRT company that I was using urging me to donate frequently even though I never had elevated h&h levels AND now possible inflammatory bowel disease, which can hinder vitamin and mineral uptake. It's extremely frustrating to have good numbers on paper but feel like absolute dog shit.
good thing is those issues have extremely simple solutions. Stop donating blood, and try to eat as close to carnivore as u can. Full carnivore will clear that bowel inflammation within a week, but getting close to that should also clear it up in a relatively short amount of time

magnus68

View attachment 40615
Home › info › d...

Wich Type of MAG is best?

Vince

Super Moderator
Wich Type of MAG is best?
I use source naturals magnesium malate. I believe liquid magnesium is better absorbed. I know a few men that use liquid magnesium and usually their levels go above range and they have to cut back.

Same thing happened to my 90-year-old mother when she used liquid magnesium. Her levels went over range and her doctor made her cut back.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me