TRT and high BP Pulse

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tman

Yes my Primary Physician told me Lisinopril is very safe and effective medication with very few side effects.My BP was almost same as now before I began TRT.

FYI, Lisinopril nearly killed me. I woke up one night with my throat nearly swollen shut, tongue swollen out of my mouth. They gave me epi at emergency room, didn't budge the swelling at all. Close to putting a trach in, but they gave me fresh frozen plasma, which did the trick. While doc said it was safe, I can tell you as soon as the ER nurse saw me, she asked if I was on Lisinopril. So, it happens enough the nurse recognized the symptoms immediately. My mistake, the doc told me to let him know if I developed a slight cough, when I first started taking it. I did for a couple of days, then it went away. So, I did not say anything. That was probably my warning. 8 months later, this happened. Just sharing

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tman

I am on 100mg cipionate and .25mg anastrozole. Recently I was diagnoses little high BP with 130/90 average pulse always above 90.

So my GP prescribed me 2.5mg Lisinopril to bring the BP down. Is anybody here on ACE inhibitor Lisinopril for high BP?

Bad Thing is even my Bp came down with Lisinopril but pulse stayed high sometimes 110. Never goes down below 90. What is the cause of high pulse and how can I reduce it if anyone knows. I think my thyroid was ok when I tested last time.

When my estradial gets to high, my bp and hr go up.

Vince

Super Moderator
UGH Vince! so you think anastozle raises resting HR? I have been struggling with some BP and HR issues and take an AI
I have no idea if AI contributes to high blood pressure or high pulse rate. But it would be interesting to see if it has any affect on your issues.

TucsonJJ

are you on thyroid medication?
A BP of 130/90 is not that high... I am surprised your Doc would put you on a BP med with those numbers... why not just cut the T dose down a little, maybe to 80mg?
Personally, I had a very bad time with Anastrazole... anxiety, rapid heart rate, felt overall LOUSY... took weeks to normalize after stopping... was your estradiol high? If not, why was it prescribed? Maybe try Aromasin or Clomid instead... IF you even need an AI!

Ronnny

Just like woman , man needs estrogen also for various purposes. One of my doc told me that estrogen is needed for bone health.

Gman86

Estrogen is important for so many things. Cardiovascular health, bone health, ability to synthesize muscle, recovery, sexual function, etc. Found out recently it also plays a huge role in how the body is able to use growth hormone. Without proper estrogen levels, growth hormone cannot carry out all of it’s actions.

Ronnny

Actually my BP is not too high. It's in hypertension range. Like 130/90. Problem is my pulse usually does not go below 90. Always stay at 90+ at even while I am resting. I am not on any thyroid medication now. My doc did blood work for thyroid test. Result is not back yet. Sometimes. I have low SHBG. Take 50ml twice a week Test Cypionate. I also have good cbc, cmp and lipid panel.

Jon H

Ronny - My BP and resting heart rate were very similar to yours, for many years (usually at least 140/90 and 100bpm). I would be turned away from Red Cross donations because their cutoff is 100bpm, and had to always get an Rx for therapeutic phlebotomies. FWIW, changing dosage and/or use of an AI had absolutely no negative effect on either BP or RHR. If anything NOT using an AI raised my E2, which raised by BP even more. My doc prescribed Losartan for my BP, which lowered my BP some, but had no effect on RHR.

Lisinopril is nasty. This a just a partial list of side effects.
Blurred vision
cloudy urine
confusion
decrease in urine output or decrease in urine-concentrating ability
dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
sweating
unusual tiredness or weakness
Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
inability to have or keep an erection
lack or loss of strength
loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance

How is that a "safe" drug?

I stopped taking Losartan, while lowering my BP and RHR tremendously in the last three months. I did this through nutrition, and basically going against all medical advice from my doctor. I found that taking at least 2,000mg of Magnesium Glycinate each day and increasing my water intake, while using a TON of sea salt on everything I cook, worked wonders (and with no side effects). My blood pressure usually hovers around 110/70, and my RHR is usually between 65-80bpm.

Gman86

Ronny - My BP and resting heart rate were very similar to yours, for many years (usually at least 140/90 and 100bpm). I would be turned away from Red Cross donations because their cutoff is 100bpm, and had to always get an Rx for therapeutic phlebotomies. FWIW, changing dosage and/or use of an AI had absolutely no negative effect on either BP or RHR. If anything NOT using an AI raised my E2, which raised by BP even more. My doc prescribed Losartan for my BP, which lowered my BP some, but had no effect on RHR.

Blurred vision
cloudy urine
confusion
dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
sweating
lack or loss of strength

I stopped taking Losartan, while lowering my BP and RHR tremendously in the last three months. I did this through nutrition, and basically going against all medical advice from my doctor. I found that taking at least 2,000mg of Magnesium Glycinate each day and increasing my water intake, while using a TON of sea salt on everything I cook, worked wonders (and with no side effects). My blood pressure usually hovers around 110/70, and my RHR is usually between 65-80bpm.

I’m constantly preaching about this combo. I drink two large mineral waters per day in glass bottles, similar to pellegrino or Perrier. Just my local grocery store’s version. As soon as I open one, I throw in 1/2 tsp of liquid magnesium chloride and 1/4 tsp of Celtic salt. Been doing this for years. Here are my blood pressures from yesterday. I also salt my food pretty heavily. Here’s an amazing video about salt and it’s importance.

Attachments

• 9030BCB7-8529-4110-9201-20972F70FCB6.jpeg
    9030BCB7-8529-4110-9201-20972F70FCB6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 52401423-5C96-4249-BA1C-5820F1D108A8.jpeg
    52401423-5C96-4249-BA1C-5820F1D108A8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50

Ronnny

Blurred vision
cloudy urine
confusion
sweating
lack or loss of strength

I have access to therapeutic phlebotomies . Infact I did donate blood one time three months ago. I was checked by a cardiologist a few times before and they did not recommaned any medication as they could not find any problem with my heart. I don't know why my primary physician put me on 5mg Lisinopril.

Last edited:

Ronnny

Blurred vision
cloudy urine
confusion
sweating
lack or loss of strength

I definately have decrease in urine output or decrease in urine-concentrating ability since I started the Lisonopril. And I also informed my primary physician about it.

Ronnny

Glad to hear that you were able to get of medicaion with the help of salt and magnesium and water. My BP actually not bad but I think I can fix RHR with help of more water intake and magnesium. I take magnesium citrate but not daily basis. Plus I do not drink much water. I think I can solve my little above average RHR naturally. Thanks for your feedback.

Vince

Super Moderator

Blurred vision
cloudy urine
confusion
sweating
lack or loss of strength

I always wonder if drinking a lot of water eliminates sodium from our bodies. I also use a lot of salt, I was told if you eat a low-carb diet your body uses salt and if you eat a high carb diet your body will stores it. May be it’s just the water?

Ronnny

I always wonder if drinking a lot of water eliminates sodium from our bodies. I also use a lot of salt, I was told if you eat a low-carb diet your body uses salt and if you eat a high carb diet your body will stores it. May be it’s just the water?

Eat only pink himalayan salt. This salt is pure and you get all the beneficial minerals

Last edited:

Tman

How high we talkin, in regards to E2? And do u know ur SHBG?

SHBG 14--- Since I've used different doses, a ration is probably a more accurate approach. For example, I was fine with 1000 T and 40ish E, but not with 500T and 40ish E. Around a T to E ratio of 12:1 or less.

Gman86

SHBG 14--- Since I've used different doses, a ration is probably a more accurate approach. For example, I was fine with 1000 T and 40ish E, but not with 500T and 40ish E. Around a T to E ratio of 12:1 or less.

Do u remember the symptoms u felt with T at 500 and E2 at 40? Were they high E2 like symptoms?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me