Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Decreases Ferritin

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Testosterone replacement can cause a decrease in ferritin in men even without the presence or use of blood donations or therapeutic phlebotomies. A study gave men testosterone enanthate at a dose of 125 mg per week (it also used T enanthate with or without finasteride to see the effect of blocking 5 alpha reductase while on TRT). These are the ferritin values after 3 months. Ferritin was reduced at an average of 32% within 3 months of treatment initiation without altering iron, transferrin, or transferrin saturation.

decreased ferritin with TRT.jpg

Source: Testosterone alters iron metabolism and stimulates red blood cell production independently of dihydrotestosterone

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

JimGainz

This is interesting. I would assume those of who frequently give blood on TRT to manage hematocrit are particularly vulnerable to low ferritin.

andrewBwinter

Testosterone replacement can cause a decrease in ferritin in men even without the presence or use of blood donations or therapeutic phlebotomies. A study gave men testosterone enanthate at a dose of 125 mg per week (it also used T enanthate with or without finasteride to see the effect of blocking 5 alpha reductase while on TRT). These are the ferritin values after 3 months. Ferritin was reduced at an average of 32% within 3 months of treatment initiation without altering iron, transferrin, or transferrin saturation.

View attachment 14566
Source: Testosterone alters iron metabolism and stimulates red blood cell production independently of dihydrotestosterone

Had to like this because I'm at 120 mg Test-E per week.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me