Telmisartan for high BP - a caution

Buy Lab Tests Online

hotdog

Four years ago I started taking Telmisartan 40mg for high blood pressure.
Everything I read said it had other benefits...

• reduces weight gain
  • increases total energy expenditure
  • increases expression of key mitochondrial enzymes in skeletal muscle
  • multiple mechanisms to protect against arterial occlusion
    • including that it increases NO
  • promotes biochemical, biological & metabolic effects - boost athleticism
  • stimulates PPAR-gamma which stimulates the burning of excess calories
    (others ARBs have the property but Telmisartan is >10x better)

Some time after this I began to get painful neuralgias in my back that lasted a few minutes, only sporadic but enough to really annoy. I did not think to connect it back to the Telmisartan.

A year ago we upped the dose to 80mg. A month later I started getting bad diarrhea which would not go away. After 6 months I started getting blood in the stool and a high temperature. A CT scan of my entire abdomen showed diffuse inflammation of the splenic region of the colon and nothing else.
I consulted with my doctor and a functional medicine doctor. Comprehensive stool tests showed no markers that would suggest a serious condition requiring colonoscopy. Previous colonoscopy 5 years ago had no significance.

Finally after 9 months I found "olmesartan induced enteropathy" online. Apparently it can be many months before troubles start. Why I had not put the two together or why the two doctors did not immediately suggest it might be the Telmisartan I don't know. I stopped the drug at New Year and have been absolutely fine since, no neuralgia, no bowel issues. The weight loss during the same 9 month period also resolved the high BP.

I would say if you get any new symptoms, maybe start by testing whether it is the drugs you are on.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching