SHBG level inversely related to insulin level

Buy Lab Tests Online

testiculus

I haven't seen this mentioned previously. This suggests that those who are struggling with low SHBG should test for hyperinsulineamia.

The relationship between serum levels of insulin and sex hormone-binding globulin in men: the effect of weight loss.
As SHBG is not known to alter the production or metabolism of insulin, whereas insulin has been shown in vitro to decrease the synthesis of SHBG, it seems a reasonable conclusion that the predictable inverse relationship between serum insulin and SHBG indicates that insulin controls SHBG synthesis in vivo.

Inverse association between serum insulin and sex hormone-binding globulin
These findings are consistent with high levels of SHBG in T1D, and correspondingly low levels in T2D subjects, suggesting an inhibitory effect of insulin on the SHBG production in the liver.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CROM

I’ve been on long-term low carb diets when I tested my SHBG. I have tested by SHBG while on metformin and low carb diet, and I’ve tested my SHBG when carb bingeing. No matter how high or low my insulin is…my SHBG is between 6 and 9. Only time I see my SHBG rise is when I am not injecting T.

Not sure if that relates to what you posted.

testiculus

Looking back over my historical labs my SHBG doubled to 38 when on a keto diet. Given that there are multiple factors that affect SHBG, it's not suprising that insulin doesn't have an affect for some people.

Nothing I've done for 5 years in dose adjustments and all that has moved me from ~12.

The best way to manage low SHBG is that it's not a condition. Ever notice that high SHBG isn't associated with any of these boogaloo nasty and often made-up conditions (made up as in synonymous with lazy people "diseases", like chronic fatigue).

TRT for us guys is just handled all wrong and the only Dr I've seen that had a fair grasp on it as I've discovered it to be, was Dr Crisler and I was considering becoming a patient of his at the time of his passing.

In his words some guys can tolerate almost no Estrogen, that's being facetious and that doesn't mean ZERO or constant suppression but the myth of 21-30 being a good range is probably too much for a low SHBG guy. That and Free Estrogen and perhaps even having your trough E mirror your SHBG value...three things that changed my TRT landscape for the better.

AdamYoung

So, do you think keto will increase my SHBG? If yes, then its a good news. Also, Does metformin increases SHBG? I dont think so bcas metformin only reduces sugar in blood not necessarily insulin levels. I need to increase my SHBG asap as i am have very high testosterone levels, more than 3 times normal levels. So i should get back to keto.

Vvs1

So, do you think keto will increase my SHBG? If yes, then its a good news. Also, Does metformin increases SHBG? I dont think so bcas metformin only reduces sugar in blood not necessarily insulin levels. I need to increase my SHBG asap as i am have very high testosterone levels, more than 3 times normal levels. So i should get back to keto.

What’s your SHBG level? Usually a high SHBG causes a high testosterone reading.

Vegan diet increased my SHBG to 88 (from high 50s). Green tea and coffee also increase it.

AdamYoung

I am coffee addict since 20 years. So in my case it wont work. Do u know any medications? I have very high IGF-1 also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200302_084551.jpg
    Screenshot_20200302_084551.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20200302_051425.jpg
    Screenshot_20200302_051425.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 135

AdamYoung

What’s your SHBG level? Usually a high SHBG causes a high testosterone reading.

Vegan diet increased my SHBG to 88 (from high 50s). Green tea and coffee also increase it.
I can can become vegan but are you sure that it is the one which caused ur shbg to increase?

CROM

I took metformin and it didn’t increase SHBG. I took metformin and T3 together and it didn’t raise SHBG. I took anastrozole and it didn’t raise SHBG at all. In fact it went from 9 to 8.

AdamYoung

So what do u think will increase it. I was excited after reading some literature online which said metformin increase shbg n decrease testosterone

CROM

I’ve read people with low SHBG have more sever acne. Not sure if that is true. But I am very prone to acne even at 70mg of Testosterone per week. That’s the only reason I wanted to raise my SHBG. I thought it would lessen my acne.

Now my goal is to leave my SHBG alone and treat my acne. I’ve heard Vince Carter say that controlling your estrogen helps lessen acne. People also say Walgreens Acne Cleansing Bar 10% benzoyl peroxide works great. And it has worked great for me. Although I am not sure if it is the anti-estrogen or Acne bar that is working, or both.

Now I rarely get acne and I can inject 90mg per week. I just tested testosterone and SHBG last week…

Total T = 516 [250-1100 ng/dL]
Free T = 156.3 [35-155 pg/mL]
SHBG = 8

I inject every other day and tested on my trough

Also I’ve been taking a little T3 and my energy has been though the roof. I read at .gov website T3 increases SHBG. Well it didn’t for me. My Hematocrit went down too. Not sure which medicine caused that. Maybe it was because I am consuming more salt and that increases blood volume.

equel

I’ve read people with low SHBG have more sever acne. Not sure if that is true. But I am very prone to acne even at 70mg of Testosterone per week. That’s the only reason I wanted to raise my SHBG. I thought it would lessen my acne.

Now my goal is to leave my SHBG alone and treat my acne. I’ve heard Vince Carter say that controlling your estrogen helps lessen acne. People also say Walgreens Acne Cleansing Bar 10% benzoyl peroxide works great. And it has worked great for me. Although I am not sure if it is the anti-estrogen or Acne bar that is working, or both.

Now I rarely get acne and I can inject 90mg per week. I just tested testosterone and SHBG last week…

Total T = 516 [250-1100 ng/dL]
Free T = 156.3 [35-155 pg/mL]
SHBG = 8

I inject every other day and tested on my trough

Also I’ve been taking a little T3 and my energy has been though the roof. I read at .gov website T3 increases SHBG. Well it didn’t for me. My Hematocrit went down too. Not sure which medicine caused that. Maybe it was because I am consuming more salt and that increases blood volume.

How is your libido on that dose and level?

captain

If you don't have diabetes then diet may change your SHBG. You will see better cholesterol labs on low carb if you don't have diabetes but not so much if you do. T3 may increase or decrease SHBG. Too much T3 or too little can cause insulin resistance.

CROM

How is your libido on that dose and level?

Erections were good despite me having E2 of 46. But when or if I use anastrozole to control estrogen erections dramatically improve. But it doesn't improve sex drive. Sex drive ain't like it was when I was 16.

CROM

If you don't have diabetes then diet may change your SHBG. You will see better cholesterol labs on low carb if you don't have diabetes but not so much if you do. T3 may increase or decrease SHBG. Too much T3 or too little can cause insulin resistance.

Yes I am pretty sure I have some level of insulin resistance and I am sure it is making it worse. I am gonna lower T3 dosage.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me