Semaglutide Forum: Game Changer for Weight Loss

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator

BadassBlues

The caveat to that is that the majority of the negative side effects happen to those who are obese. Active people using these drugs don't have the same issues such as muscle wasting.

All in all, I think this may be a phase of these drugs that will eventually pass on to improved versions.

mcs

The caveat to that is that the majority of the negative side effects happen to those who are obese. Active people using these drugs don't have the same issues such as muscle wasting.

All in all, I think this may be a phase of these drugs that will eventually pass on to improved versions.
I am not obese by any stretch and experienced gastroparesis, gallbladder sludge and now stones due to being on a GLP-1 for a little over a month. This was NOT from any weight loss, mind you. These are known side effects. I expect more users of these GLP-1 meds to have significant gut issues as time goes on. For all the benefits, I would steer clear until improved version are available.

BadassBlues

I am not obese by any stretch and experienced gastroparesis, gallbladder sludge and now stones due to being on a GLP-1 for a little over a month. This was NOT from any weight loss, mind you. These are known side effects. I expect more users of these GLP-1 meds to have significant gut issues as time goes on. For all the benefits, I would steer clear until improved version are available.
I completely understand. I did not have a good experience myself. However, the majority of those on these drugs do not have these side effects. It is working great for my wife and other people I know who are all very active and fit.

I had a rebound effect of increased hunger and gastric distress that has just now cleared. I am by no means defending these drugs, just reporting personal, anecdotal experience. I do however hold out some hope that future versions can eliminate the side effects that plague some users of the drugs. But, as all things go... maybe not.

AngeeWo

Tirzepatide has changed my life for the better. It was the 2nd best decision I've made concerning pharma products, and the 1st was TRT once dialed in.

The good: when TRT & Tirz are combined with intense effort workouts, say goodbye to body fat and say hello to lean mass . I've made great changes in body composition and my overall energy has skyrocketed. My workouts are high intensity & perfect for my goals.

The bad: the side effects suck but typically last 24-48 hours max and it feels like a light hangover, totally worth it if you're stuck in fat land and everything else stops working.
Some foods & drinks also intensify side effects and must learn what that is through experience. For example, I couldn't drink more than 2 drinks or I would get the worst hangover. I couldn't overeat anything, even broccoli, which would cause major digestive issues but I learned to eat smaller and more frequently. Also dehydration sneaks up quickly so you need to increase electrolytes and fluids big time or constipation and midnight cramps pay a visit.

That said, every single one of us is different and may experience different results, but if you're stuck in fat land, speak with your doctor, get a script, and give it a try.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Prescribing Ozempic and Wegovy for Weight Loss is Associated with an Increased Risk of Erectile Dysfunction and Hypogonadism in Non-Diabetic Males​

B. Liao, C. Able, +1 author T. Kohn
Published in Journal of Sexual Medicine 1 February 2024
Medicine

Non-diabetic males with a prescription of semaglutide have a significantly higher risk of developing ED and testosterone deficiency, and these rates were surprised that these rates were so much higher than those not receiving semaglutide as it was expected that weight loss drugs would improve erectile function.

Abstract
The use of antidiabetic medications, such as metformin or sulfonylureas, can have diverse effects on sex hormones, potentially influencing erectile function. While both Ozempic and Wegovy (semaglutide) include sexual dysfunction as a side effect of the medication, no study has assessed how frequently men will experience sexual dysfunction with these medications. Recently, semaglutide was approved in June of 2021 for weight loss in non-diabetic patients and has exploded in popularity. Our objective is to assess the risk of developing ED in non-diabetic males after starting semaglutide using a large claims-based database. We queried the TriNetX Research database, a comprehensive insurance claims database. Our study cohort included males aged 18 to 50 who have been prescribed semaglutide after June 1st, 2021. We excluded individuals with a history of pelvic radiation, prostatectomy, pulmonary hypertension, diabetes mellitus, or any hemoglobin A1c measurement ≥7%. Propensity-matching was performed between the cohorts for age, ethnicity, race, BMI, hypertension, sleep apnea, and hyperlipidemia. Our primary outcome was comparing the proportion of men that received an ED diagnosis and/or prescription for phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors (PDE5i) from one day to any time after the index prescription of semaglutide. The secondary outcome of interest included the risk of developing testosterone deficiency. Risk was reported using relative risk (RR) with 95% confidence intervals (CI). Statistical significance was set using a two-sided alpha at 0.05. We found 2,117 non-diabetic males with a prescription of semaglutide, which were compared to an equivalent number of propensity matched controls (Table 1). Compared to matched controls, males with a semaglutide prescription were significantly more likely to be diagnosed with ED and/or prescribed PDE5i (1.4%) when compared to control males who were never prescribed semaglutide (0.14%) (RR: 10.0, 95% CI [3.05 – 32.82]). Similarly, males with a prescription for semaglutide were more likely to receive a subsequent diagnose of testosterone deficiency (3.83%) compared to controls (1.7%), (RR: 2.25, 95% CI [1.53 – 3.32]) from one day to any time after the index prescription. In this claims-based analysis, we found that non-diabetic males with a prescription of semaglutide have a significantly higher risk of developing ED and testosterone deficiency. Rates of erectile dysfunction in men prescribed semaglutide are overall low at 1.4% but, we were surprised that these rates were so much higher than those not receiving semaglutide as we expected that weight loss drugs would improve erectile function. Further studies are needed to assess the impact of semaglutide in non-diabetic men to assess how this drug impacts the male hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Despite its increasing popularity for weight loss, both clinicians and patients should be aware of potential hormonal effects when discussing and considering the medication.

madman

Super Moderator

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale