Semaglutide Forum: Game Changer for Weight Loss

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

Mark A. Moyad, MD, MPH & Martin M. Miner, MD, discuss the potential benefits of semaglutide, a newly approved weight-loss drug.

Semaglutide is a medication that has been approved by the FDA to treat type 2 diabetes and has also been approved for obesity management under the brand name Wegovy [1][3]. It helps with weight loss by suppressing appetite, which can lead to a reduced intake of food [2].

semaglutide for weight loss.png

Semaglutide works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), which is naturally produced by the body. GLP-1 plays a role in regulating blood sugar levels and appetite. Semaglutide affects several processes in the body, including increasing the release of insulin, reducing the release of glucagon, and delaying gastric emptying [2].

The increase in insulin helps lower high blood sugar, while the reduction in glucagon release also contributes to better blood sugar control. Delaying gastric emptying means that food stays in the stomach for a longer time, which can help with satiety and decrease appetite [2].

The typical dose of semaglutide for weight loss is 2.4 milligrams, administered weekly as subcutaneous (under the skin) self-injections [3]. While semaglutide has shown promising results in weight loss, it is important to note that its effectiveness is dependent on continued use, and some experts are skeptical about its long-term safety and limitations [1].

In semaglutide studies, participants experienced significant weight loss. In one clinical trial, participants who received semaglutide lost 5% or more, 10% or more, 15% or more, and 20% or more of their baseline body weight at week 68, compared to those who received a placebo [1]. On average, participants taking semaglutide lost 15% of their body weight [2]. Some individuals lost as much as 40 pounds while participating in a clinical trial of the drug [2].

In another study, after 68 weeks of treatment, the semaglutide group lost an average of 16% of their baseline body weight, equal to 37 pounds. This was compared to a 5.7% average weight loss, or 14 pounds, for those assigned to intensive behavioral therapy combined with a placebo [3]. These results demonstrate the significant weight loss potential of semaglutide in clinical trials.

There are a few ways to save on semaglutide for weight loss, which is available as the brand-name medication Wegovy. One option is to use a copay savings card from the manufacturer. If you have commercial insurance, you may be eligible to pay as little as $25 for Wegovy using this savings card [1]. More information about the copay savings card and other coverage options can be found on the Wegovy website [2].

It's important to note that the cost of Wegovy before insurance is around $1,627 per month, and coverage for weight loss drugs like Wegovy can vary widely depending on the type of insurance you have and your location [3]. The $25 copay card provided by the manufacturer may help ease the cost, but only if your insurance plan covers the medication [3].

A more affordable way to get semaglutide when insurance does not pay is to have your doctor fax a prescription to a compounding pharmacy like EmpowerPharmacy.com. Their price runs approximately $350 per month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jed Dorsey

$900 a month???!! I pay $180 for a 3 month supply through a compounding pharmacy! Need more info let me know… Been on Semaglutide for 7 weeks now have lost 5 pounds so far. I lift weights and cardio 3x week not a competitive bodybuilder but would like to lean out some I’ve always been a chunky kind of guy
Starting weight 220
Goal weight 185

Jed Dorsey

With insurance its $25 for 3 month supply at Ozempic doses. I don't know what happens when you get to Wegovy dose but looks like $25 a month.
Not sure who your source is but my insurance would not cover this through the compounding pharmacy. Who’s your source?

JA Battle

Where can this be prescribed and what compounding pharmacies offer it?
$900 a month???!! I pay $180 for a 3 month supply through a compounding pharmacy! Need more info let me know… Been on Semaglutide for 7 weeks now have lost 5 pounds so far. I lift weights and cardio 3x week not a competitive bodybuilder but would like to lean out some I’ve always been a chunky kind of guy
Starting weight 220
Goal weight 185

Congrats! What has been your dose?

I’ve been looking for several weeks where I can get this compound. Was that price you paid with insurance?

Jed Dorsey

Where can this be prescribed and what compounding pharmacies offer it?

Congrats! What has been your dose?

I’ve been looking for several weeks where I can get this compound. Was that price you paid with insurance?
Drug Crafters in Frisco, Tx
Dosing is with insulin syringe .1 first week
.2 weeks 2-3
.4 for weeks 4-8
.8 there after

TRicker

Starting weight 220
Goal weight 185
Have you noticed fat loss, or just total weight loss (i.e. some muscle loss as well)?

I'm curious because my Doc will write the script. I've read one of the ways it aids weight loss is via appetite suppressant. I would love to/need to lose a few pounds of fat, but already have a low appetite, and am definitely already eating in a calorie deficit. Unfortunately, my calorie restriction isn't working at all, so my metabolism is out of whack.

nodoctor

Just started at .125mg/day subq. Even at this very small dose I would say hunger is completely gone. The only reason I'm eating is noticing a bit of weakness (like I normally would when very hungry) but the hunger sensation is completely absent. I'd encourage anyone starting out to do least effective dose titrating slowly up instead of starting with suggested dose. There's also a nice pleasant sense of satiety. Will continue posting results/feedback, but I bet I shed some solid fat on this.

MDavidW76

My sister-in-law is using Ozempic, last I heard she’s lost 25lbs on it. She’s up in Alberta Canada, I can ask her how much it costs up there for anyone in Canada that wants to know.

T

tareload

Some information to consider before deciding if risk/reward is appropriate in your particular personal situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodoctor

I paid $328.29 for 4mg from northwestpharmacy.com (I think source talk is okay since I have a script and am pretty sure everything I did is allowed, but if not, please advise and I'll delete immediately). If someone has a better source. I'd love to hear it. I felt very significant effects from .125mg 2x/wk but just started, so will keep y'all updated. I'm still exercising hard and guessing my caloric intake is down 30%+ so suspecting if I can maintain, I'll lose some fat and maybe a little muscle.

nodoctor

I suspect I have some level of drop in leptin sensitivity if I understand the mechanism of action right (that ozempic/semaglutide and GLP1 agonists generally are leptin sensitizers) because my .125mg (which obviously is pretty low) isn't as striking as it was. Going to .1875mg and then .25 depending. Interesting to me that I'm around 12% bodyfat which should make me need more but that prescription is for 1mg/wk and usually for obese people. Makes sense why these people are shedding huge weight!

Still love it, still feel way more satisfied and not that hungry, but not light-headed and still able to eat enough to have energy to work out. I guess I'll still take a break when I'm done with my 4mg, but seems pretty fantastic so far for cutting.

I started Cardarine (gw501516) at the same time, so maybe that's helping me stay energized with alternative fuel sources which was part of the plan.

nodoctor

Can't comment about anti-aging qualities but comparing these mediations are apples to oranges. Google both. Metformin is blood-sugar control and I used it with success but I don't remember mechanism of action. Semaglutide is a leptin receptor agonist. Essentially appetite suppression with some improvement in blood sugar regulation is my understanding. Despite eating way way less I still can work out. I think Semaglutide stops helping as soon as you're off it. My feeling is the metformin actually helped my body continue regulating blood sugar better than before taking it. I stopped metformin because some was recalled but mainly because it gave me awful gas and also supposedly suppresses GH secretion.

modest13

Hey everyone. Any other places where I can get semaglutide for an affordable price? I have not been able to get a hold of the DrugCrafters recommended by Jed. I have called a few other compounding pharmacies and asked for semaglutide and they always say that all they have is the brandname Ozempic and it's 1600/mo without insurance :O Should i be asking for the medication using other terminology? I see thatthey have it at PeptideSciences for 110$ for a 3mg vial, which i am considering, but I am not great with the conversions and would have trouble figuring out the dosage. I don't want to pay for the phone consult to get an RX for it if I'm not gong to be able to find a place that sells it at an affordable price.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me