Recent blood test results. Low iron high progesterone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

chrisczan

I had my first iron infusion on Wednesday
How was it? My last bloods are showing some awful iron numbers again, I’m stumped. Anyone see anything on here that could possibly give a hint? I eat plenty of red meat, haven’t donated or bled a lot otherwise, no internal bleeding, it all just makes zero sense If anything jumps out please let me know!

Attachments

• Blood Test Labs May 2023.pdf
    160.5 KB · Views: 30

sammmy

Your WBC are high with Neutrophils very elevated compared to Lymphocytes. A possible explanation is a bacterial infection.

Do you have digestive symptoms or feel ill in any way?

chrisczan

Not really any symptoms to speak of, other than feeling the expected “extreme fatigue” due to good ole IDA sometimes. Thought it was just my inner lazy ass as usual. Trying to think of bacterial infections, will have to hit the research button. My numbers looked really close to the same last May as well, I wonder what the F

sammmy

H. Pylori is your primary candidate for a bacterial infection causing anemia. About 50% of the population is infected - some are asymptomatic, others get symptoms such as nausea, dyspepsia, GERD, unexplained anemia and weakness because of the anemia.

The best test would be a stool antigen test, the breath test frequently misses it.

chrisczan

H. Pylori is your primary candidate for a bacterial infection causing anemia. About 50% of the population is infected - some are asymptomatic, others get symptoms such as nausea, dyspepsia, GERD, unexplained anemia and weakness because of the anemia.

The best test would be a stool antigen test, the breath test frequently misses it.

Awesome to hear the breath test is questionable, because I’ve had a few lately and nothing. Thank you so much man, I’m on it!

sammmy

Before testing for H. Pylori, I would do a stool test for occult blood to make sure there is no actual bleeding in the digestive tract. Both tests should be covered by insurance.

chrisczan

Sounds good, I had a hernia repair but I doubt that’s related, but it made me hit my deductible so it’s 6+ months of free medical stuff now. I’ll keep y’all posted!

sammmy

Also check for celiac disease, vit B12 and folate levels, and C-reactive protein for general inflammation (like they did in the paper I referenced above).

chrisczan

IMG_4497.jpeg
I’m negative for Celiac pretty recently, but this would do the job, right?

sammmy

These look like stool antigen test but you don't know how reliable these are, no matter what they claim. Best is to do the test through your doctor and a medical lab - more reliable and it should be covered by insurance. In that way if it is positive, there is a proof in your medical record to justify prescribing you an antibiotic regimen for eradication.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me