Progesterone in Men

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Started 50 mg per night of progesterone capsules from Empower 4 days ago (along with 100 mg of pregnenolone). I sleep deeper but I am super tired in the morning. The dose may be too high. I stopped it last night.

DixieWrecked

Started 50 mg per night of progesterone capsules from Empower 4 days ago (along with 100 mg of pregnenolone). I sleep deeper but I am super tired in the morning. The dose may be too high. I stopped it last night.
I know this is gonna sound crazy but you can try anal insertion. not sure if that's the correct terminology. Apparently this is a common way to do it for MTF transitioning. Except that is done with a much larger dose.

Don't these hormones work differently if taken orally?

Gman86

Why did u go from 200mg to 100mg of pregnenolone?

And ya that dose might be too high. Not sure how much of the 50mg is getting absorbed when taken orally, but 1mg/ day of injectable prog brings my level to 0.4, and 2mg/ day brings my level to 1.6. Reference range is 0.0-0.5. All ng/ ml. And @Cataceous takes 0.6mg/ day of injectable prog and that brings his level to around 0.5-0.6 I believe. So depending on how much of the 50mg is actually getting absorbed it might be extreme overkill. Even if only 10% was getting absorbed that would be 5mg, which would have ur levels sky high I would imagine

Smokin Joe

Since following the Progesterone/Pregnenolone threads I have tried both periodically over the last month.
The Progesterone certainly adds a better mental feeling with increased interest in morning to mid morning sex.
The Pregnenolone is one that I don't think that I can do.
The sleep is great but tbe day after I'm dragging and can't pull out of it. Even at 5mg its rough going.
It reminds me of tbe dhea feeling when I tried that.
Cannot do it.
So we'll see where the Progesterone takes me though I'm coming off T as my PSA has slipped up to 4.2 and my Uro will will stop my prescription until the fog clears. He's treating another immediate family member for Prostate cancer so I know whats coming.
All have a great Labor Day weekend!

Gman86

Since following the Progesterone/Pregnenolone threads I have tried both periodically over the last month.
The Progesterone certainly adds a better mental feeling with increased interest in morning to mid morning sex.
The Pregnenolone is one that I don't think that I can do.
The sleep is great but tbe day after I'm dragging and can't pull out of it. Even at 5mg its rough going.
It reminds me of tbe dhea feeling when I tried that.
Cannot do it.
So we'll see where the Progesterone takes me though I'm coming off T as my PSA has slipped up to 4.2 and my Uro will will stop my prescription until the fog clears. He's treating another immediate family member for Prostate cancer so I know whats coming.
All have a great Labor Day weekend!

Thanks for the anecdotes. So what form of progesterone are u taking, what dose, and what time of day are u taking it?

MarcoFL

That is a massive dose of progesterone for a male! I bet you could not even see straight!

JA Battle

That is a massive dose of progesterone for a male! I bet you could not even see straight!
Orally absorption is low. Around 7%. This is like taking around 3.5 mg in an injection. Which is still quite high. But not as high as one might think. Orally, 5-15 mg is a more physiological dose for men

Gman86

Orally absorption is low. Around 7%. This is like taking around 3.5 mg in an injection. Which is still quite high. But not as high as one might think. Orally, 5-15 mg is a more physiological dose for men

Ya 3.5mg injected is definitely a very high dose like u said. 2mg/ day injected had my level at 1.6 (0.0-0.5)

JA Battle

Ya 3.5mg injected is definitely a very high dose like u said. 2mg/ day injected had my level at 1.6 (0.0-0.5)
Yes, this shows a very close trend with my progesterone injections. my injections of .6mg brought my level from .4 to .8 and .9 on two separate tests. At 24 hour trough.

Gman86

Yes, this shows a very close trend with my progesterone injections. my injections of .6mg brought my level from .4 to .8 and .9 on two separate tests. At 24 hour trough.

I always injected before bed and tested in the morning, for reference

Do u still take the prog injections? What did u notice from it, good or bad?

MarcoFL

Thank you! I was not aware of that! My wife takes 150mg every night and has been a lifesaver for her and sleep quality. She is 57 and great shape but really needs that!

JA Battle

I always injected before bed and tested in the morning, for reference

Do u still take the prog injections? What did u notice from it, good or bad?
I do not. I stopped that some time ago. I’ve recently experimented with oral progesterone pregnenolone and dhea. I’m still tinkering. Right now I’m on 2.5mg dhea 3x daily alongside my normal 250iu hcg. 5mg enanthate and 2mg of propionate. No progesterone currently. I’ve also added magnesium because I have high iron and low vit d. It just so happens magnesium deficiency is linked with both higher iron and low vit d!

Gman86

I do not. I stopped that some time ago. I’ve recently experimented with oral progesterone pregnenolone and dhea. I’m still tinkering. Right now I’m on 2.5mg dhea 3x daily alongside my normal 250iu hcg. 5mg enanthate and 2mg of propionate. No progesterone currently. I’ve also added magnesium because I have high iron and low vit d. It just so happens magnesium deficiency is linked with both higher iron and low vit d!

Ya I’ve been huge on magnesium and it’s importance for years. I follow Morley robbins and Carolyn dean’s work on it. They’re the two biggest advocates of magnesium out there that I’ve found. If a person isn’t taking magnesium, the best advice I can give them is get on it asap! Thank me later

SSHSSA74

Ya I’ve been huge on magnesium and it’s importance for years. I follow Morley robbins and Carolyn dean’s work on it. They’re the two biggest advocates of magnesium out there that I’ve found. If a person isn’t taking magnesium, the best advice I can give them is get on it asap! Thank me later
what benefits have you noticed from magnesium?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me