Plant Based Diet and Testosterone Levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I'm on the carnivore diet and just spent $100 at Costco, 12 pounds of meat for two days of eating, consuming 6 pounds per day.
WTF? I don't think even Shawn Baker eats 6 lbs a day. My personal max is probably 2.5 lbs in pure carnivore mode. That's an insane amount of meat, and depending on how fatty it is, that might be 8000+ calories.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I'm on the carnivore diet and just spent $100 at Costco, 12 pounds of meat for two days of eating, consuming 6 pounds per day. I can eat until I'm full and still continue to lose weight!
Thats amazing about being able to maintain or lose weight while consuming so much meat and calories. Have heard that anecdote hundreds of times at this point, in regards to people eating carnivore. Not so amazing on the wallet tho lol

Systemlord

That's an insane amount of meat, and depending on how fatty it is, that might be 8000+ calories.
I mostly eat Tri Tip. Since I don't run on carbs for energy anymore, I need to eat fatty meat. My first mistake was cutting out the fat, energy was down until I stopped removing the fat.

My energy levels are insane, endless!

I don't know what it is about the carnivore diet, but ever since I started it, multiple women are constantly looking at me at work, and in the gym. Last night, a male co-worker made the comment, "she wants you".

My body odor has change, I smell so good.

This is multiple women in their early 20's, 30 years younger than me.

Last edited:

BigTex

Yup, I pretty much agree with u completely, and 100% see where ur coming from. Theres multiple reasons why I don’t eat full carnivore. One being that from my current understanding, the ideal diet might not be full carnivore and being in ketosis 100% of the time, and it might be a carnivore base, with added carbs to get small to moderate insulin spikes throughout the day. Others being cost. It would just be too expensive for me rn to do full carnivore, with how many calories I try to consume per day. And the last reason is because gym performance is better with carbs, and putting in lean tissue is easier with carbs. Here’s a pic of my breakfast. Pretty balanced meal. Already ate the 8oz of grassfed ground beef, rice, salt and a little mustard, while sipping on some coconut water, and then gonna enjoy some honeydew melon for dessert

as far as raw dairy goes, I just grab some raw grassfed cheese from Whole Foods, and eat 1oz per day. Ur right tho, it’s fckn expensive. Thats why I just eat a little bit each day. A little block of it lasts me 8 days tho, if I eat the 1oz per day. If I miss a day here and there a little block obv lasts even longer. And some honey at Whole Foods is decently priced. But I just ordered a bunch online. Prices were pretty good, imo. I’ll attach the links.

and u and ur wife are actually very fortunate. She’s fortunate that via her culture she naturally eats mostly carnivore. And ur lucky that u’ve stayed away from vegetables, due to hating eating them lol. U both are doing the right things by u just eating intuitively, and ur wife luckily growing up in a culture that eats mostly animal based, from the sounds of it

Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Organic Raw Honey on sale at AllStarHealth.com

Now, we do get plenty of natural food here in this house. My wife is from an old school Italian/Spanish family and makes her own chorizo, prosciutto, pancetta and longanisa among a few other cured meats here in the kitchen. She hangs it to cure in a small wine refrigerator and then cuts it up. She even grinds all the meat in the kitchen for the chorizo and longanisa. She also make several varieties of cheese from milk we buy at the grocery store. Some of the cheese is even smoked in a smoker. She even makes the wine that she marinates the meats in. She puts a sampling of this stuff in a large platter and I snack off it all day. Yea, in Buenos Aires, the folks there eat a whole lot of meat, but the cuts are much different than here and much of it is what I call fatty meat.

Here is a picture of a typical dinner for two in Argentina:

BigTex

Thats amazing about being able to maintain or lose weight while consuming so much meat and calories. Have heard that anecdote hundreds of times at this point, in regards to people eating carnivore. Not so amazing on the wallet tho lol
The thermic effect of food for protein is about 20-35% higher than your basal metabolism. I have talked to a few pro-bodybuilders and they all consume a huge amount of meats and still lose fat easily. In fact, the extra metabolism will even raise the normal temperature of your body.

• Protein: 20-35% of calories burned through processing
  • Carbohydrates: 5-15% of calories burned through processing
  • Fats: 0-5% of calories burned through processing

BigTex

Paul Saladino has done some good videos on the least expensive ways to eat an animal-based diet with grocery haul type content:

I will say that my diet as it currently sits, with at least a pound of ribeye per day, some grass-fed beef sausages, some chicken skewers, several mandarin oranges, some cantaloupe, some coconut water, oftentimes a couple eggs, costs probably around $30 per day or $900 a month. I'll admit that is high for a single person, but if that's more than your mortgage, I am very jealous of your mortgage.

Also, I'm sure I could bring that cost down alot if I really made a point to. I would just need to buy cheaper cuts in bulk, use slow-cooking methods to make the cheaper meat tender, etc. Mainly it would cost time to save the money and I can't afford the time.
Hahaha....our mortgage is $550/mo. Home prices in Houston were pretty cheap in 2005! My wife spends about $700/month on meat just for herself. We spend another $800/mo at Walmart for the rest of the groceries which is mostly the stuff I eat. So around $1500/month total for friggin' groceries. And it get more expensive every time we go to the store. I pay $665/mo for my car loan. So we spend much more on food that a car and a home.

I saw coconuts water on sale when I spent time in Brazil, so I stopped one time to get one. I thought it was disgusting. Never wanted one again, but I like the coconut meat.

You might invest in an electric smoker. Our son got my wife on for her birthday and she loves it. But it takes 12 hours plus to cook the meat.

Gman86

I mostly eat Tri Tip. Since I don't run on carbs for energy anymore, I need to eat fatty meat. My first mistake was cutting out the fat, energy was down until I stopped removing the fat.

My energy levels are insane, endless!

I don't know what it is about the carnivore diet, but ever since I started it, multiple women are constantly looking at me at work, and in the gym. Last night, a male co-worker made the comment, "she wants you".

My body odor has change, I smell so good.

This is multiple women in their early 20's, 30 years younger than me.
Love this! lol. I think when we feel optimal, we carry ourselves in a different way. When I’m feeling optimal I have a confident but calm energy about me, and I feel much more comfortable in social settings, or around girls, when I was single and trying to either hookup or date women still. Im sure it’s multifactoral why women seem to be more attracted to u, but there’s just so many subtle positive differences between someone that feels great, and someone that doesn’t and is just trying to make it through the day. And I just think people can pick up on these subtle differences. Even the way someone walks and carries themselves is different from someone that genuinely feels good, and someone just doing their best to fake it until they make it, as far as feeling good and being happy goes.

Could be a pheromone thing tho. My money is pheromones are playing some role here. I would assume pheromones in a healthy individual are more ideal to the opposite sex than someone thats not in a state of optimal health

and I haven’t worn deodorant in at least 6-8 years. Legit can’t even remember the last time I wore it. Body odor absolutely improves when u optimize ur diet, and optimize ur health in general

and then I’m sure u physically are looking better. Carnivore tends to optimize every aspect of a person‘s looks. Healthier hair, healthier skin, decreases water weight/ bloat, leading to a more chiseled physique and face, can increase overall muscle mass/ quality without even lifting weights. Carnivore has even been known to make the sclera in our eyes more white, which tends to make us more attractive

Last edited:

Gman86

Now, we do get plenty of natural food here in this house. My wife is from an old school Italian/Spanish family and makes her own chorizo, prosciutto, pancetta and longanisa among a few other cured meats here in the kitchen. She hangs it to cure in a small wine refrigerator and then cuts it up. She even grinds all the meat in the kitchen for the chorizo and longanisa. She also make several varieties of cheese from milk we buy at the grocery store. Some of the cheese is even smoked in a smoker. She even makes the wine that she marinates the meats in. She puts a sampling of this stuff in a large platter and I snack off it all day. Yea, in Buenos Aires, the folks there eat a whole lot of meat, but the cuts are much different than here and much of it is what I call fatty meat.

Here is a picture of a typical dinner for two in Argentina:

Omg, I would be living my best life in Buenos Aires! Looks so good!

Last edited:

BigTex

The typical meal is still around $7.50US and they always serve more than you can eat.

Here is meat being cured:

IMG_20230924_155355860_HDR.jpg

Whey used for cooking and cheese made from 1gal of milk:
whey 2.JPG

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel