muscle soreness due to Anastrozole?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DS431

I've been taking .25mg of Anastrazole nightly to control my Estradiol level. Last test reveled a level of 24. The last couple weeks I've been experiencing pretty intense shoulder muscle soreness, especially at night. It mimics the myalgia I experienced a while back by using Zocor to lower my cholesterol. Do y'all think Anastrazole could do this? Any suggested alternatives to Anastrazole?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Muscle soreness is one of a number of negative sides to suppressed estrogen serum levels.

.25 mg each night is way way too much!

That could be a weekly dose NOT daily.

CoastWatcher

That is a significant AI. What was your testosterone level, and your estradiol level, when you started the anastrozole? I would certainly cut back on that dose.

DS431

I've been taking .25 mg nightly since January this year when my blood work showed Test at 804 with Estradiol at 56.
My recent blood work showed E at 24. It appears I should cut back. Would you think enough anastrozole would remain in my system between weekly .25 mg doses or could a compound pharmacy mix up .04mg daily doses?

CoastWatcher

I've been taking .25 mg nightly since January this year when my blood work showed Test at 804 with Estradiol at 56.
My recent blood work showed E at 24. It appears I should cut back. Would you think enough anastrozole would remain in my system between weekly .25 mg doses or could a compound pharmacy mix up .04mg daily doses?

I am curious what your doctor has said in regard to both the estradiol reading, and the symptoms you described in this thread. Do you feel he/she is on top of things, or does it seem you are pulling your physician along with you as you tune your TRT protocol? The overuse of estradiol can be a problem for a symptom level, as you may be finding, and on a more fundamental level. E2 isn't something men should do all they can to eliminate; it is a necessary - if volatile - hormone that is needed for health. If your doctor isn't aware of this it can lead to problems.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator

Was your estrogen lab using the "Sensitive" assay designed for men or the default lab which is designed for women?

If your estrogen lab did not use the Sensitive specific assay then your value is probably well over stated as the default estrogen does...so in other words, your serum value could very well be mush lower that your 24!

DS431

My doctors pleased with my E2 level, but is unaware of the muscle soreness. It just recently increased significantly, after my last followup appt a week or so ago. The soreness before I didn't really pay attention to, just attributed it to exercise pain. When I requested an E2 test, it caught her kinda blindsided, but she agreed and ordered the test. She suggested Anastrazole and has been agreeing with my dosing estimates. I do feel like I'm somewhat pulling her along with me with my E2 issue. I got the ball park dosing amounts from this site to begin tuning my TRT. I thought with an E2 level of 24 I had it dialed in, as the sweet spot indicators were there (morning and evening wood and good sex). A new doctor may be necessary. I understand E2 is very important in men.
One last question, since my dosing of Anastrazole appears to be so high, shouldn't my E2 level tanked?
Thank you for sending some wisdom my way.

CoastWatcher

My doctors pleased with my E2 level, but is unaware of the muscle soreness. It just recently increased significantly, after my last followup appt a week or so ago. The soreness before I didn't really pay attention to, just attributed it to exercise pain. When I requested an E2 test, it caught her kinda blindsided, but she agreed and ordered the test. She suggested Anastrazole and has been agreeing with my dosing estimates. I do feel like I'm somewhat pulling her along with me with my E2 issue. I got the ball park dosing amounts from this site to begin tuning my TRT. I thought with an E2 level of 24 I had it dialed in, as the sweet spot indicators were there (morning and evening wood and good sex). A new doctor may be necessary. I understand E2 is very important in men.
One last question, since my dosing of Anastrazole appears to be so high, shouldn't my E2 level tanked?
Thank you for sending some wisdom my way.

To Gene's question: the estradiol was measured via the sensitive assay?

DS431

My next appointment is in a couple weeks. I'll ask them then. Until then I'll let my doctor know what I'm going to do and cut back my anastrozole dose significantly.
I asked in a previous post if I change to a weekly dose, do you think a .25mg dose of anastrazole would last until the next weekly dose?

CoastWatcher

My next appointment is in a couple weeks. I'll ask them then. Until then I'll let my doctor know what I'm going to do and cut back my anastrozole dose significantly.
I asked in a previous post if I change to a weekly dose, do you think a .25mg dose of anastrazole would last until the next weekly dose?

What is your protocol? How much testosterone are you injecting and how often? How much AI you take is influenced by how and when you are taking your testosterone (balanced by lab values and symptoms). As for the estradiol test, do you have the ranges posted with your results? That tends to answer the question as to which assay was performed.

DS431

I was going to wait till my next appointment, but I'm not going to wait. I'll contact my doctor Monday and ask her about the assay.

CoastWatcher

Were the tests run by LabCorp? Remember, as Gene pointed out, if the test was "non-sensitive" you may actually be lower than the value that was reported. The non-sensitive test over-reports the presence of estradiol in men. It's really of limited value in managing patients on TRT.

DS431

I apply 7 pumps of Fortesta Gel every morning to my inner thighs. t-level at 804

I copied this from my most recent lab report
- - - - - - - -

F

ESTRADIOL

< OR = 39 (pg/mL)

OW

[TD="class: no-bod, colspan: 4"]

Reference range established on post-pubertal patient[/TD]

population. No pre-pubertal reference range[/TD]

established using this assay. For any patients for[/TD]

whom low Estradiol levels are anticipated (e.g. males,[/TD]

pre-pubertal children and hypogonadal/post-menopausal[/TD]

females), the Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute[/TD]

Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LCMSMS assay is recommended[/TD]

(order code 30289).[/TD]

Its not the anastrozole per se, it's how low your E2 actually is. I can guarantee you that youre taking .25mg every night your E2 is extremely low. Your test there even states its the wrong test for men. Using the sensitive assay, I would estimate your actual E2 to be closer to 15 as it's typically ~10 points lower on the sensitive test. Muscle (and joint) pain are extremely common indicators of very low E2.

DS431

Its not the anastrozole per se, it's how low your E2 actually is. I can guarantee you that you're taking .25mg every night your E2 is extremely low. Your test there even states its the wrong test for men. Using the sensitive assay, I would estimate your actual E2 to be closer to 15 as it's typically ~10 points lower on the sensitive test. Muscle (and joint) pain are extremely common indicators of very low E2.
Thank you for the reply. I thought I had my E2 dialed in at 24, not aware of the wrong testing criteria. I intend on getting with my doctor this week and requesting a ultra sensitive E2 assay to be completed at my next blood test 22 Dec. She has been agreeing with my dosing as I've been trying to fine tune my TRT. Until then I'm changing the dosing to .25mg once a week. I'm aware it takes a bit of time to build my E2 back up to a suitable level. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

If it were me I wouldn't go cold turkey, going from .25mg a night to none is a tremendous change, I'd simply back off maybe .25mg 2x week up to your test and pay close attention to how you feel. Also suggest that you change NOTHING else during this time so that you can isolate Estrogen and AI use on how you feel.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me