How much test is being lost in a non-fixed needle syringe?

trtthings

I'm wondering because I'm using a non-fixed needle 1ml syringe with 27g needles.
You never push all of it out at once and I'm injecting 0.2ml at a time (40mg).

Does anyone know this? I buy the supplies for a couple of months for maybe 2$ max. The clinic I go to wants to sell fixed-needle syringes to me for about 120$ (not sure how much but I don't really care.. that's a lot for mark-up).

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm wondering because I'm using a non-fixed needle 1ml syringe with 27g needles.

Does anyone know this? I buy the supplies for a couple of months for maybe 2$ max. The clinic I go to wants to sell fixed-needle syringes to me for about 120$ (not sure how much but I don't really care.. that's a lot for mark-up).

Blackhawk

insulin syringes are commonly priced at $10-15 per hundred.

rayrock1

the slip tip type of syringe wastes .35-.40 ml of fluid. If you draw from the vial and inject with the same needle attached, the amount you inject is what you registered on the syringe mark. The waste part is a constant variable. Using this syringe will allow you to change the needle if desired before injecting.

madman

As I stated before when it comes down to minimizing wasted medication low dead space fixed (permanently attached needle) insulin syringes are where it's at my man!

Screenshot (2696).png

Screenshot (2697).png

Screenshot (2693).png

Screenshot (2695).png

Screenshot (2694).png

madman

Shameful.....hope they meant 10 boxes (100s) LOL!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors