High HGB/HCT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Thanks. Interesting thread. I see some guys claiming hgb is more important than hct when it comes to viscosity. They are related I see to a certain extent, but it sounds like to them my hgb of 18.8 or 19.2 at the red cross is more dangerous then the hct of 53.8. I'm laying here in bed and can here my heart beat in my ears when I'm laying on my side. It's freaking me out still.

Should I be taking aspirin?

Also, does it take hemoglobin to drop 2-3 months like it does red blood cells? They are 2 different things it seems, so curious to know what happens there.
HGB is in red blood cells, so both ur HGB and ur HCT will drop instantly as soon as ur done donating

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GreenMachineX

@Cataceous @Nelson Vergel
Is there any health concern with just stopping for a while, other than just being hypo? I've read that test increases NO to help prevent problems from high H/H, but if I stop, then that protection is gone. I have donated, but I'm tripping still and can't afford any adverse health outcomes (no one can obviously).

GreenMachineX

"Descending from high altitude in La Paz to sea level in Copenhagen, the hematocrit response is a linear fall over 18 to 23 days."

If the cause of erythrocytosis is elevation, apparently hematocrit will drop in 18 to 23 days. But for TRT, it lasts 2-3 months...?

GreenMachineX

@Cataceous @Nelson Vergel
Is there any health concern with just stopping for a while, other than just being hypo? I've read that test increases NO to help prevent problems from high H/H, but if I stop, then that protection is gone. I have donated, but I'm tripping still and can't afford any adverse health outcomes (no one can obviously).
It's been a few since my last injection, and I feel better. Sleeping better, less anxiety, and libido is on fire..granted, it's only been since Friday (which was only a 4mg dose though). Obviously I could crash in a few days, but I think this gives me perspective on how much i actually need (if I do crash that is). Perhaps this entire TRT journey I've been overdosed and my trough free T should be more like midrange or even a bit under.

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

HGB is in red blood cells, so both ur HGB and ur HCT will drop instantly as soon as ur done donating
Had a follow up CBC done today, 3 days after donating. RBC at 5.55, hgb at 16.8 and hct at 48.8. So that's a 2 point drop in hgb about 5 points in hct. Pretty dramatic. Now I need to restart at a dose that won't do that again...

GreenMachineX

Hey guys,
I just got a CBC done yesterday and my hemoglobin is 18.8 and hematocrit is 53.2. I can't believe this as I've lowered my dose to 6-7mg daily about 4 weeks ago from running 9-10mg daily for a couple months. When I lowered the dose, my hct was 50.8 and hgb was 17.8. I also saw on those Labs my b12 was bottom of normal so I upped the dose of that and guessing that is what pushed it up. I'm trying to donate today, but is this hct and hgb an emergency? I'll definitely get it done today or tomorrow, but how bad should I be worried?

@Cataceous @madman

I've had high hgb and hct before (I think only once my hgb was this high) and I made it obviously, but never dug in to what was really an emergency. Thanks in advance.
After looking at my labs from over the year, it looks like my mcv is usually 88 or 89. One month ago, it was 85. Now it's 88 again after increasing b12 dose, while my rbc is down just a little. I am thinking that the increase in mcv and hgb the past month was from increasing b12, fixing the deficiency (I'm actually sleeping decent now, up to 8 hours, just waking up a lot), and the lower testosterone dose didn't have time to show the reduced amount of rbc since it's only been 4 weeks. I think 7mg would've likely still been too high though for comfort for me as I want my H/H comfortably under 51 and 18.

I'm still having nightly brain fog from 5pm to 8pm which is annoying. Muscles feel like they are fatigued way too easy, and cramping or pulling too easy. Knees cracking. I think holding water (or maybe just a worse body composition since the last time at this weight, can't tell). Anxiety ready to fly at a moments notice. Palpitations. Wild blood pressure fluctuations. But actually had a mild morning wood today...? Bizarre. I know the answer is to stick with a plan for 6 weeks and retest. That's not an exhaustive symptom list, but the most concerning.

Otherwise, while the b12 has made great progress in sleep, I'm super sensitive to it and feel on overdrive for several hours in the middle of the day. Adding methylfolate calms it down a little bit but gives us own side effects which are even more uncomfortable. Yet, when I took nothing, I was up all night.

@Cataceous @madman @Nelson Vergel @Gman86 any thoughts?

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

I've restarted test cyp as of yesterday at right above the 4mg line daily. I plan to keep this dose for a while as I really just want to make sure my HH doesn't get that high again, but I also want to ensure I'm not in hypogonadal territory after reading some research about covid deaths and low testosterone levels. I'll probably get labs in a couple weeks to get a ballpark idea of where I'm at. I know it's supposed to be 6 weeks.

On the other hand, I saw a new doctor Tuesday who is fine with HH as high as mine was (18.8 and 53.2), but I still don't know how high it would've went, or if it would've dropped lower.

@Cataceous if 9-10mg had me at higher free T then any previous plan I've done, very top of range, with more side effects like hair growing on ears and some other things I won't mention, if I drop to 5mg, how confident should I be I'll at least stay in "normal range" (I know nothing is ever set in stone, just trying to get a ballpark idea, covid risk is number 1 priority with this)?

I should also mention, based on previous lab work, if I can get my free T down to 117, my rbc should be 5.7, HH 17.1 and 50.8, or better since that was on EOD protocol still causing spikes in theory more than this daily protocol.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
@Cataceous if 9-10mg had me at higher free T then any previous plan I've done, very top of range, with more side effects like hair growing on ears and some other things I won't mention, if I drop to 5mg, how confident should I be I'll at least stay in "normal range" (I know nothing is ever set in stone, just trying to get a ballpark idea, covid risk is number 1 priority with this)?

I should also mention, based on previous lab work, if I can get my free T down to 117, my rbc should be 5.7, HH 17.1 and 50.8, or better since that was on EOD protocol still causing spikes in theory more than this daily protocol.
The 5 mg dose should in theory proportionally lower free testosterone. In this case that is a 50% reduction, to around 70-80 pg/mL on the Quest test. That's still in the normal range, and surely would not increase COVID risk. It should improve H&H. You'll have to see if it's enough to yield good subjective results as well.

GreenMachineX

The 5 mg dose should in theory proportionally lower free testosterone. In this case that is a 50% reduction, to around 70-80 pg/mL on the Quest test. That's still in the normal range, and surely would not increase COVID risk. It should improve H&H. You'll have to see if it's enough to yield good subjective results as well.
Right on. Hoping it turns out like that. Today is day 3 actually on 4mg. Slept like trash again last night but that could be from starting dhea again yesterday. No more dhea for a while, while I get testosterone dialed in.

GreenMachineX

One more thing...if I want to track what my HH is doing, would it be best to test every 2 weeks, wait 4? I don't know how quickly it raises, or if it's linear...as in as the body adapts to a new test level, does the HH gain momentum? Or in my case of lowering dose, perhaps a lag in slowing down in erythrocytosis, so maybe hct goes up a 1 each week the first 2 weeks, then .75 the next few weeks, etc... any thoughts?

Smokin Joe

I'm coming in late on this thread but wanted to chime in.
Iv been back on T for three weeks.
This time I'm trying 20mg every other day for 80mg .
Friday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
After 3 weeks my total T is at 670. Only a 2 day trough though. Still taking Ashwagandha daily.
Hematocrit 50.5 and hemoglobin 16.3. I have Immune Thrombocytopenia so my platelets are normally low.
Historically for me when my Hematocrit bumps 50 I feel shallow breathing.
Such was the case this time.
I gave blood today and feel soooo much better.
I give blood for testing again this week and am curious to see how much Hematocrit dropped.
Will post.

GreenMachineX

I'm coming in late on this thread but wanted to chime in.
Iv been back on T for three weeks.
This time I'm trying 20mg every other day for 80mg .
Friday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
After 3 weeks my total T is at 670. Only a 2 day trough though. Still taking Ashwagandha daily.
Hematocrit 50.5 and hemoglobin 16.3. I have Immune Thrombocytopenia so my platelets are normally low.
Historically for me when my Hematocrit bumps 50 I feel shallow breathing.
Such was the case this time.
I gave blood today and feel soooo much better.
I give blood for testing again this week and am curious to see how much Hematocrit dropped.
Will post.
I definitely can't feel a hct of 50. The only hct I'm sure I felt was 57 as I was getting dizzy too easy. Curious to see how much your hct dropped too

Cataceous

Super Moderator
One more thing...if I want to track what my HH is doing, would it be best to test every 2 weeks, wait 4? I don't know how quickly it raises, or if it's linear...as in as the body adapts to a new test level, does the HH gain momentum? Or in my case of lowering dose, perhaps a lag in slowing down in erythrocytosis, so maybe hct goes up a 1 each week the first 2 weeks, then .75 the next few weeks, etc... any thoughts?
Based on what others have said it sounds like the H&H stabilization period is longer than a month after making changes. I don't know enough to even speculate on the linearity of the process.

GreenMachineX

Based on what others have said it sounds like the H&H stabilization period is longer than a month after making changes. I don't know enough to even speculate on the linearity of the process.
It's been 2 weeks since my last CBC with a HH of 16.8 and 48.8. Today, 15 days later, I'm at 17.2 and 49.8. This is at 5mg daily. I know it's early, but I also did test free and total and e2 sensitive. It looks like I'm gaining 1 point in hematocrit in 2 weeks at this rate. I might just drop to 4mg while I wait for the test levels to come back. Obviously this dose is still enough to promote RBCs erythrocytosis. I'd like to get ahead of it early. I definitely don't feel hypogonadal either.

And 17.1 is now the upper limit for hemoglobin? Seems pretty low...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me