Guidance with Progesterone(Dutchtest results)

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayD

What are most guys using to raise progesterone these days. Or is it not really worth worrying about.

Below is my recent Dutch test results. I tried a Nootropics Depot 5mg sublingual tab for the last week but can barely tolerate even 2.5mg per day. Makes me feel on edge and seems to make me talk fast. Also disrupts my sleep with waking every few hours feeling on edge. Has anyone else had this experience with pregnenolone?

Screenshot_20230524-201130.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Oral pregnenolone makes me unpleasantly anxious. Topical or injected progesterone is the way to go. Both have worked for me. I prefer injections due to the precision and the fact that I can just add it to existing injections. I take around 0.4-0.6 mg at bedtime.

I think progesterone is worth addressing when it's low. It helps with sleep and is calming and balances against estradiol, which appears elevated in your case.

JayD

Oral pregnenolone makes me unpleasantly anxious. Topical or injected progesterone is the way to go. Both have worked for me. I prefer injections due to the precision and the fact that I can just add it to existing injections. I take around 0.4-0.6 mg at bedtime.

I think progesterone is worth addressing when it's low. It helps with sleep and is calming and balances against estradiol, which appears elevated in your case.
Thanks for this info. I know we can get a compounded cream down here in NZ, hopefully can get injections too.

Im guessing your progesterone is low? How is your pregnenolone?

Unfortunately I have been unable to get a test down here for Pregnenolone, but suspect it may be low due to my other hormones been off.

Since this test 6 weeks ago I have lowered my daily cypionate to 8mg from 10 mg to address the Estrogen. My TT Wasn't really that high only 600, but my FT was top of range. Unfortunately Insomnia and Anxiety at this level was unsustainable (workouts were amazing)

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Im guessing your progesterone is low? How is your pregnenolone?
Yes, my progesterone was lowish prior to supplementation, 0.1 ng/mL (0.0-0.5). Pregnenolone has also been lowish, averaging under 20 ng/dL over the past few years. That's why I made a few attempts at supplementation.

JayD

Yes, my progesterone was lowish prior to supplementation, 0.1 ng/mL (0.0-0.5). Pregnenolone has also been lowish, averaging under 20 ng/dL over the past few years. That's why I made a few attempts at supplementation.
How do you raise pregnenolone if you cannot tolerate oral tablets/capsules etc?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
How do you raise pregnenolone if you cannot tolerate oral tablets/capsules etc?
That's unclear. I made up a topical solution some time ago, but I haven't tried that experiment yet. I'm not overly worried about the low levels, given that I've got some of the downstream covered with DHEA and progesterone; I have no problems with oral DHEA.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me