Been on trt for 2 years and still no libido ..# libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

This is what seems to be happening to me. It's exactly one month since I started TRT with T cypionate injections at 10 mg/day. Anxiety has cleared up as has the secondary premature ejaculation, but penile sensitivity and libido have completely dried up. The latter two were both better before I started this treatment. I'm afraid I'm in for years of trying different protocols that just don't work. I'm thinking of abandoning ship early and trying a restart.

Have you tried HCG? Do u know where ur progesterone, E2 and prolactin levels currently sit?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Have you tried HCG? Do u know where ur progesterone, E2 and prolactin levels currently sit?
No to both. Not due to test anything for a couple more weeks. I have a feeling I'm just one of the guys described in the quote below.
A lot of us on TRT never regain a good libido. Many if not most people assume we are doing something wrong, need a new protocol, we don't get enough sleep, exercise, or we eat bad, etc...But for many of us, we have tried literally everything after 10+ years on TRT and it never happens.

That said, I would give the progesterone cream a try. For ten bucks, what have you got to lose? It may well help.
Yep to all this. Libido is just too complex for our current understanding and tools. The original post even ended with "...my prolactin is fine. My progresteron is fine and dht was fine...". So I could pay to get those checked, but I feel I'd be no closer to undoing this libido knot. All I know for sure is that so far TRT has made me even deader below the waist and with smaller testicles, though it has cleared up a lot of my crippling anxiety.

I've ordered the NOW progesterone cream. Sounds a little TGTBT, but it can't hurt and maybe I'll get some placebo effect.

Last edited:

Gman86

No to both. Not due to test anything for a couple more weeks. I have a feeling I'm just one of the guys described in the quote below.

Yep to all this. Libido is just too complex for our current understanding and tools. The original post even ended with "...my prolactin is fine. My progresteron is fine and dht was fine...". So I could pay to get those checked, but I feel I'd be no closer to undoing this libido knot. All I know for sure is that so far TRT has made me even deader below the waist and with smaller testicles, though it has cleared up a lot of my crippling anxiety.

I've ordered the NOW progesterone cream. Sounds a little TGTBT, but it can't hurt and maybe I'll get some placebo effect.

Man, I truly feel for u and guys in a similar boat to u. It must be the most frustrating and disappointing thing ever. I’m honestly sorry to hear that ur having such a rough time with TRT. Obv the decrease in anxiety is a massive benefit, but as a guy, nothing can really balance out the negatives of dealing with sexual dysfunction. I’ve been there temporarily, and it’s the most frustrating thing ever, and definitely a depressing issue to have. Tough to be happy about other things when things aren’t working properly down there, or the desire for sex is just non existent.

But there’s obv a solution to the issue. That’s just how the body works. Obv there’s an answer. But I understand that finding that answer, or answers, seems impossible. But one thing I can guarantee is that there’s not gonna be one thing u do that fixes ur issue. That’s just not how the body works. U fix something in ur diet and it can make testosterone work completely differently within the body. U start working out and sleeping better and that same testosterone could work completely differently. U start taking prog and the testosterone could have quite a different effect. U do all those things, plus many other positive things for ur health and the same dose of testosterone could react in the body completely differently now and make u feel like a whole different person. The body works together as a unit. And u change one thing, and u have no idea how that’s gonna effect many other systems within the body. Best advice I can give u is just try to be as healthy as possible, in as many areas as u can. Trying to find one magic bullet is the worst approach u could have when trying to fix a problem. The body needs to work properly as a whole in order for certain things to do what they’re intended to do. Exogenous testosterone is a perfect example.

I obv wish u the best of luck, but if ur not working out regularly (ideally with weights) eating healthy, optimizing sleep, lowering stress, supplementing as needed, etc, and expect to feel optimized on trt, or even half decent on TRT, ur thought process is just not where it needs to be to find success with hormone therapy. Obv some guys get lucky and feel great on it without optimizing the rest of their life and body, but if ur running into issues, I would obv continue to try and optimize ur hormone protocol, but at the same time try to optimize ur health as much as possible, to give urself the best chance of success, and prevent urself from being so frustrated that ur at the point of wanting to quit

U’d be surprised what optimizing ur health can do in regards to libido and penile sensitivity. Libido is obv multi factorial, but neurotransmitters obv play a huge role, and ur overall health is gonna heavily dictate ur overal neurotransmitter activity. And penile sensitivity obv had a lot to do with nerves. And u have to be healthy for nerves to function properly.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching