A Few questions on HCG to maintain fertility

Buy Lab Tests Online

cigpk

I didn't want to bombard the thread that Dr Saya posted those two case studies on HCG dosing so I figured I would start my own to ask a few Q's. I am going to consult with Dr. Saya when my next appointment comes in a month but I wanted to see what you all thought as well (plus it's free to ask you guys these questions).

Dr. Saya's thread: What is the best dose of HCG? Dr Saya presents two case studies.

I am 28, on TRT and want to maintain fertility and looking to have children in about 3-4 years.

I was on TRT for just under 3 years, age 24-27 (right before attempting clomid restart which failed) and had a sperm analysis done after being on TRT/HCG that entire time with HCG dose at 600iu 2x weekly and then lowering it to 500iu 2x weekly near the end.

NOW, I am back on TRT, 40mg 2x weekly with HCG 3x weekly at 360ius, 1080iu total per week.

My SHBG runs high (consistently 60s) so I am able to tolerate TRT/HCG without an ai I believe.

My concern is this; although I am running the same total HCG dosage that I was (~1000iu) when I got the successful sperm analysis done, the smaller dosages will be less effective in maintaining fertility. My 3x weekly dosage split the dosages used in that study (between 150 and 500iu) BUT I'm still concerned because I take my fertility very seriously.

Let me know what you all think. I trust Dr. Saya's opinion obviously and he didn't seem concerned with me using 360ius 3x weekly instead of 2x weekly dosages but I also was worried about e2 spikes and asked about more frequent dosing.
Any thoughts? Has anyone had success in maintaining fertility with doses 3x weekly below 500 ius per dose? I know everyone is different, but would love some reassurance here. I will likely get a sperm analysis done after I've been back on trt for a year.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Here are a couple larger studies showing the levels of intratesticular testosterone stimulated by various hCG doses. My understanding is that ITT is important for sperm production. The first study suggests that about 300 IU EOD yields normal ITT levels.

Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression

Dose-Dependent Increase in Intratesticular Testosterone by Very Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin in Normal Men with Experimental Gonadotropin Deficiency

HealthMan

I didn't want to bombard the thread that Dr Saya posted those two case studies on HCG dosing so I figured I would start my own to ask a few Q's. I am going to consult with Dr. Saya when my next appointment comes in a month but I wanted to see what you all thought as well (plus it's free to ask you guys these questions).

Dr. Saya's thread: What is the best dose of HCG? Dr Saya presents two case studies.

I am 28, on TRT and want to maintain fertility and looking to have children in about 3-4 years.

I was on TRT for just under 3 years, age 24-27 (right before attempting clomid restart which failed) and had a sperm analysis done after being on TRT/HCG that entire time with HCG dose at 600iu 2x weekly and then lowering it to 500iu 2x weekly near the end.

NOW, I am back on TRT, 40mg 2x weekly with HCG 3x weekly at 360ius, 1080iu total per week.

My SHBG runs high (consistently 60s) so I am able to tolerate TRT/HCG without an ai I believe.

My concern is this; although I am running the same total HCG dosage that I was (~1000iu) when I got the successful sperm analysis done, the smaller dosages will be less effective in maintaining fertility. My 3x weekly dosage split the dosages used in that study (between 150 and 500iu) BUT I'm still concerned because I take my fertility very seriously.

Let me know what you all think. I trust Dr. Saya's opinion obviously and he didn't seem concerned with me using 360ius 3x weekly instead of 2x weekly dosages but I also was worried about e2 spikes and asked about more frequent dosing.
Any thoughts? Has anyone had success in maintaining fertility with doses 3x weekly below 500 ius per dose? I know everyone is different, but would love some reassurance here. I will likely get a sperm analysis done after I've been back on trt for a year.
The only way you will know is have a sperm analysis done after being on the new protocol for a few months. If fertility is negatively impacted just go back to the old protocol. In my experience anything less than 400IU twice a week brought my sperm count down to near zero. For example 300IU 3x a week had almost zero sperm. 400 or 500IU 2x a week my sperm count raised. But only after adding FSH it got back to normal. In my case anything above 500IU 2x a week didn’t improve my sperm count. So my theory is that every single injection amount matters. Peak matters. And this impacts average serum levels of HCG. Too small dosage you will have a small peak and serum levels will go back to zero rather quickly (see Dr Saya study).

cigpk

Yeah, I think to ease my own mind i may just go back to 500 iu twice weekly. I can't imagine it will have any noticeable effect on my e2 levels if I'm already at 360 ius 3x a week.

It will actually be a lower weekly dose (1000iu vs 1080 iu) so I will follow up with whether I notice e2 spikes causing issues.

DRay

You and I have very similar characteristics. I am 28 years old and have been on TRT for three years. I used HCG in addition to TRT intermittently over the course of the three years. 250iu 2x a week. I had a semen analysis done and my sperm count was 22 million (not great but not completely sterile either). I was pleasantly surprised that my small dosage of HCG kept me somewhat fertile.

I stopped TRT and started clomid therapy to increase chances of getting my wife pregnant. 3 months of clomid therapy and we had pregnancy success. I am now returning to TRT+HCG and wondering what dosage would be appropriate to preserve my now higher sperm count so I will not have to return to clomid therapy again.

My initial thoughts is to do 500iu 2x a week and periodically have semen analysis done. I inject Test Cyp 2x a week so administering HCG on the same schedule just seems easier

cigpk

You and I have very similar characteristics. I am 28 years old and have been on TRT for three years. I used HCG in addition to TRT intermittently over the course of the three years. 250iu 2x a week. I had a semen analysis done and my sperm count was 22 million (not great but not completely sterile either). I was pleasantly surprised that my small dosage of HCG kept me somewhat fertile.

I stopped TRT and started clomid therapy to increase chances of getting my wife pregnant. 3 months of clomid therapy and we had pregnancy success. I am now returning to TRT+HCG and wondering what dosage would be appropriate to preserve my now higher sperm count so I will not have to return to clomid therapy again.

My initial thoughts is to do 500iu 2x a week and periodically have semen analysis done. I inject Test Cyp 2x a week so administering HCG on the same schedule just seems easier
Very similar.

Yeah, 500 iu twice weekly kept me pretty fertile (on paper) so I would only assume it was doing the job.

Do you take any ai? I plan to stay on 500 iu 2x per week along with my test-c, see where that puts my e2 and then maybe re evaluate.

I can’t tolerate anastrazole or low e2 unfortunately as I have high shbg so if 500 iu twice a week bumps my e2 too far, I’ll be returning to 360 iu 3x per week

DRay

Very similar.

Yeah, 500 iu twice weekly kept me pretty fertile (on paper) so I would only assume it was doing the job.

Do you take any ai? I plan to stay on 500 iu 2x per week along with my test-c, see where that puts my e2 and then maybe re evaluate.

I can’t tolerate anastrazole or low e2 unfortunately as I have high shbg so if 500 iu twice a week bumps my e2 too far, I’ll be returning to 360 iu 3x per week

I use AI as needed. I am low SHBG in the 20’s however I have crashed my E2 plenty of times by taking too much (.25 mg has crashed me before) so I try to stay away if possible. I have not taken such a high HCG dose along with my TRT before so I will be monitoring E2 closely.

cigpk

Yesterday was first time back on 500 iu hcg injection along with my test. Worst sleep I’ve gotten in weeks. Woke up super hot in middle of the night - May have to re-evaluate if I don’t see any improvements in sleep

Trents

Yesterday was first time back on 500 iu hcg injection along with my test. Worst sleep I’ve gotten in weeks. Woke up super hot in middle of the night - May have to re-evaluate if I don’t see any improvements in sleep

uHCG made me hot as hell and feel
Like absolute shit. I had to dc it. I am going to try Ovidrel if I can get insurance to cover cost. Else I am freezing sperm in case
I need to be on trt without hcg, as I cannot tolerate any hcg it took 2 weeks for me to feel Normal again. It was fine for about 3 weeks but then I developed hypersensitivity to HCG, and I was miserable until it fully
cleared my blood which took about 2 weeks.

I’ve increased my dose of Test E for now since I’m not on hcg to 70 wed and 80 sat and feel great.

Getting sperm check and freeze next week to be on safe side.

uHCG made me hot as hell and feel
Like absolute shit. I had to dc it. I am going to try Ovidrel if I can get insurance to cover cost. Else I am freezing sperm in case
I need to be on trt without hcg, as I cannot tolerate any hcg it took 2 weeks for me to feel
Normal again
HCG skyrocketed my estrogen, and I got hot flashes like you did.

Trents

HCG skyrocketed my estrogen, and I got hot flashes like you did.
It wasn’t hot flashes, I felt like I had a sunburn on my face arms and legs for 2 weeks and was so fatigued I could barely function. It sucked. Been 2 weeks since hcg and much better. My e2 was not high at all in hcg + T, 38 with TT at 900

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me