Do I need to come off TRT to use HCG for fertility?

Buy Lab Tests Online

schaffer76

Good Morning everyone,

I current receive TRT treatment and then do HCG sub Q 500iu twice weekly I’m addition to testosterone and anastrozole and cabergoline. If I wanted to get my wife pregnant, would I have to come off of TRT or does the HCG keep me fertile while being on TRT? Thanks for the help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
No guarantees, but many guys do maintain fertility when on TRT + hCG. See fertility rankings from Dr. Saya:
A *very* generalized ranking of relative fertilities (with top being most fertile):

1. Clomid/SERM treatment
2(A). HCG + HMG (or lyophilized FSH)
2(B). Baseline no treatment (no HPTA suppression via TRT, AAS, HCG mono, etc) - assuming no significant degree of primary/secondary/tertiary dysfunction.
3(A). HCG monotherapy (does in fact result in HPTA suppression, especially at higher doses, but *may* move up to #2 in select cases of SECONDARY/TERTIARY hypogonadism)
3(B). TRT + HCG (as we know many men are still able to maintain adequate fertility to conceive)
4. TRT/AAS with no concurrent HCG.
Link.

madman

Super Moderator
Good Morning everyone,

I current receive TRT treatment and then do HCG sub Q 500iu twice weekly I’m addition to testosterone and anastrozole and cabergoline. If I wanted to get my wife pregnant, would I have to come off of TRT or does the HCG keep me fertile while being on TRT? Thanks for the help.

Low-dose hCG can prevent sterility in men prescribed testosterone (2019)

pg 1-3

Low-dose hCG can prevent sterility in men prescribed testosterone

Strategy for clinicians

To maintain fertility in men with hypogonadism prescribed testosterone, Lipshultz said, clinicians should first insist on a semen analysis before beginning testosterone treatment.

Patients need to realize that 2% of all men are sterile,” Lipshultz said. “We need to know where the individual is before we introduce testosterone because our endpoint may not be able to be any better than pre-treatment level.

If the man desires a future pregnancy, the clinician should prescribe hCG concurrent with testosterone therapy, typically at 500 U subcutaneous three times per week or 1,500 U once weekly if the patient wishes only to prevent testicular atrophy. The patient should cycle off of testosterone twice yearly, at a rate of 3,000 U three times per week for 4 weeks, adding 25 mg daily clomiphene therapy during that period, Lipshultz said. However, for men desiring a pregnancy, 3,000 U hCG three times per week should be prescribed in addition to clomiphene therapy. Clinicians should check the patient’s follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) level and conduct a semen analysis after 4 months for men desiring pregnancy; if the FSH level is not sufficiently elevated, the clinician should discontinue clomiphene and instead introduce FSH concurrent with the hCG, he said.

“To date, we have not had any patients who did not return to baseline,” Lipshultz said, referring to the regimen.by Regina Schaffer

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching