Why Does the Meat Industry Routinely Feed Animals Antibiotics?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The Pew Commission recently published a five year update on their landmark blue ribbon commission report on current agricultural practices that found “the present system of producing food animals in the United States presents an unacceptable level of risk to public health.” Their number one recommendation was to ban the non-therapeutic use of antibiotics, but agriculture lobbies are not going to give up the use of antibiotics without a fight (See Antibiotics: Agribusinesses' Pound of Flesh).

In December 2013, the FDA released “Guidance for Industry,” their voluntary, non-binding recommendation for industry. They recommend antibiotics no longer be used to just fatten animals for slaughter, but emphasize that they are just that: toothless, non-legally enforceable suggestions. As mentioned in the Pew Commission report, “this voluntary approach has come under withering criticism from the public health and medical communities concerned about the increase in antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens.”

The USDA is even considering going backwards, eliminating the requirement to even test for Staph aureus at all in the Federal School Lunch Program. They understand that “school-aged children are considered a ‘sensitive population', hence, more stringent requirements, including sampling plans, may be considered to help assure safety and public confidence. However, the cost of such programs must be weighed against the cost of buying the food needed to support the program.”

http://nutritionfacts.org/2016/06/2...ail&utm_term=0_40f9e497d1-8a37d0ff50-23892729

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

davidrn

Also disturbing is the amount of (GMO) soy that is being used to feed livestock. Testing has been able to measure soy & phytoestrogens in egg yolks. I am fortnate to live in Central Massachusetts, and there are actual farms in the area. I help a local part time pig farmer (days, he is an architectural engineer) with shots for babies. He also raises pastured chickens, and i buy 2 dozen eggs a week from him. My beef I get from a grass fed beef farm, I know the farmers wife, she sells beef to a dozen people once a month from her own freezer.
The solution to the animal antibiotics issue is smaller pasture raised animals. When they are raised in close quarters, diseases pop up, that require medical intervention.

PAUL-E

Nelson I cant help feel like there is a correlation to https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?7393-H-pylori-Infection-Linked-to-Metabolic-Syndrome
it would be nice to eat all organic but where I live it would cost you an arm and a leg and I cant afford it right now
Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
Antibiotics must be used judiciously in humans and animals because both uses contribute to the emergence, persistence, and spread of resistant bacteria. Resistant bacteria in food-producing animals are of particular concern. Food animals serve as a reservoir of resistant pathogens and resistance mechanisms that can directly or indirectly result in antibiotic resistant infections in humans. For example, resistant bacteria may be transmitted to humans through the foods we eat.
Some bacteria have become resistant to more than one type of antibiotic, which makes it more difficult to treat the infections they cause.
Preserving the effectiveness of antibiotic drugs is vital to protecting human and animal health.
http://www.cdc.gov/narms/animals.html

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching