Whey Protein Causes Muscle Pain and Aching?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

Whey protein after only one scoop causes muscle pain and aching shortly after consuming it. I stopped the whey protein several weeks earlier and upon restarting it, a few hours later, the muscle pain and aches returned and the pain gets worse if I continue consuming one scoop whey protein per day.

I get the same muscle pain and aches taking creatine and L-glutamine.

My protein marker has always been at the bottom of the ranges every time I test it.

My muscle are getting bigger, and I’m getting stronger.

Could it be that I don’t need a lot of protein like everyone else to build lots of muscle?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

t_spacemonkey

i listened to a mike mentzer talk recently. he said you to build 10 lbs muscles per year you need an extra 5g of protein a day. muscles are 25% protein rest water. maybe we don't need as much. also give a try at hydrolyzed whey. maybe the pain is related to some GI issues?

Gman86

can you link the whey protein that ur taking?

A grassfed unflavored whey protein that’s minimally processed/ heated is gonna react very differently than a whey from a grain fed cow that has artificial ingredients added to it

Guided_by_Voices

I developed an allergy to whey protein and it is apparently fairly common. Beef, whole eggs, sardines, liver, milk, kefir, yogurt and pea powder are some good alternatives. (Chicken is probably not due to its omega 6 content.) You can also supplement with leucine if you are having a meal of lower quality protein (e.g. pasta) to increase its effectiveness.

T

tareload

i listened to a mike mentzer talk recently. he said you to build 10 lbs muscles per year you need an extra 5g of protein a day. muscles are 25% protein rest water. maybe we don't need as much. also give a try at hydrolyzed whey. maybe the pain is related to some GI issues?
Yeah let's just say Mike was a little off. Is that the first year of training, the 10th, the 25th? I think he meant an extra 5 g of AAS per week.

Gman86

I developed an allergy to whey protein and it is apparently fairly common. Beef, whole eggs, sardines, liver, milk, kefir, yogurt and pea powder are some good alternatives. (Chicken is probably not due to its omega 6 content.) You can also supplement with leucine if you are having a meal of lower quality protein (e.g. pasta) to increase its effectiveness.
What allergic reactions did u develop to whey?

Systemlord

also give a try at hydrolyzed whey. maybe the pain is related to some GI issues?
The pain and aches, charley horse like cramping starts in the deltoids.
can you link the whey protein that ur taking?
If I refrain from taking whey proteins, creratine, L glutamine, I have no problems with muscle aches, charley horse like cramp in deltoids.

My muscle density is very high, I don’t even have to flex my arms at all and my muscle are rock hard at the half way point of curling my arm. It’s like my muscle can’t handle more water (creatine) or other substances.

BigTex

Mike was always very disappointed that he never place higher than 5th place at the Olympia and Dorian Yates kept beating him, some say that contributed to his ultimate demise.

I have done some dietary analysis on some of the top bodybuilders including Phil Heath, that consumes on average over 9400 calories/d with 910g/protein per day (3.25g/bw). Phil won the Olympia 7 times. I have also sat down and talked to others at that level and hear the same thing in regards to protein intake. The big factor is the thermic effect of food. Protein raises the metabolism 25-35% due to the cost of energy to break down the 20 amino acid chains in the food we eat. This forces the body into burning fat at a quicker raee at rest and and with exercise. It also cause satiety during the cutting phase who caloric intake is lowered.

So its not so much muscle growth that is being helped rather than the high thermic effect of protein may make it difficult to gain body weight during times of overfeeding. It has been shown that the greater the protein content of a meal, the higher the thermic effect.

What does current research show? Schoenfeld and Aragon crafted a guideline based on a huge meta-analysis that will help most people. The current data suggests that optimal protein intake per day falls somewhere between 1.6g/kg – 2.2g/kg – or 0.72g/lb1g/lb. Now does this mean that our pro BBers are wrong? Absolutely not because these studies were all done on recreationally trained or untrained subjects. It is absolutely feasible that the higher level you exercise at, especially strength related sports, the higher the need for protein. Throw anabolic steroids into the mix and it could all change. So could Phil heath at 260lbs have won the Olympia 7 times eating the same calories but only 260g or protein? Perhaps the loss of the thermic effect of food and the consumption of extra carbs would have spilled over to fat and he never would have gotten into stage shape to win. But then it seems to the majority of our pros consume very high protein diets.

Now is it feasible that anabolic steroids increase the need for protein? Common sense tells me that because anabolic steroids increase muscle synthesis, the need for amino acids/protein also increases. So I guess if you are trying to maximize growth and take advantage of the training and drugs, you have better plan on eating more protein. Is there research backing this? Good luck finding it. Bodybuilders just don't volunteer to be test subjects.

All of these issues with taking supplements? We are all individual and can react differently. I would change brands and if it does doesn't work just eat food. For most people, supplements are NOT necessary.

Gman86

I was using Thriv which is no longer made as that brand, although I think All American Pharma now makes something similar.
Ya I’m jc if u and @Systemlord would experience the same type of reactions from unflavored grassfed whey. Similar to how people can get reactions from processed dairy from grainfed cows, but then are totally fine consuming raw unpasteurized/ unhomogenized dairy from grassfed/ grass finished cows

Guided_by_Voices

Mike was always very disappointed that he never place higher than 5th place at the Olympia and Dorian Yates kept beating him, some say that contributed to his ultimate demise.

I have done some dietary analysis on some of the top bodybuilders including Phil Heath, that consumes on average over 9400 calories/d with 910g/protein per day (3.25g/bw). Phil won the Olympia 7 times. I have also sat down and talked to others at that level and hear the same thing in regards to protein intake. The big factor is the thermic effect of food. Protein raises the metabolism 25-35% due to the cost of energy to break down the 20 amino acid chains in the food we eat. This forces the body into burning fat at a quicker raee at rest and and with exercise. It also cause satiety during the cutting phase who caloric intake is lowered.

So its not so much muscle growth that is being helped rather than the high thermic effect of protein may make it difficult to gain body weight during times of overfeeding. It has been shown that the greater the protein content of a meal, the higher the thermic effect.

What does current research show? Schoenfeld and Aragon crafted a guideline based on a huge meta-analysis that will help most people. The current data suggests that optimal protein intake per day falls somewhere between 1.6g/kg – 2.2g/kg – or 0.72g/lb1g/lb. Now does this mean that our pro BBers are wrong? Absolutely not because these studies were all done on recreationally trained or untrained subjects. It is absolutely feasible that the higher level you exercise at, especially strength related sports, the higher the need for protein. Throw anabolic steroids into the mix and it could all change. So could Phil heath at 260lbs have won the Olympia 7 times eating the same calories but only 260g or protein? Perhaps the loss of the thermic effect of food and the consumption of extra carbs would have spilled over to fat and he never would have gotten into stage shape to win. But then it seems to the majority of our pros consume very high protein diets.

Now is it feasible that anabolic steroids increase the need for protein? Common sense tells me that because anabolic steroids increase muscle synthesis, the need for amino acids/protein also increases. So I guess if you are trying to maximize growth and take advantage of the training and drugs, you have better plan on eating more protein. Is there research backing this? Good luck finding it. Bodybuilders just don't volunteer to be test subjects.

All of these issues with taking supplements? We are all individual and can react differently. I would change brands and if it does doesn't work just eat food. For most people, supplements are NOT necessary.
Thanks for posting this. I had wondered about the amount of energy loss due to thermic affect since the calories in protein are only partially usable, similar to the difference between crankshaft and wheel horsepower in cars. This could partially explain why so many people have such good body-composition improvement on the carnivore diet.

Guided_by_Voices

Ya I’m jc if u and @Systemlord would experience the same type of reactions from unflavored grassfed whey. Similar to how people can get reactions from processed dairy from grainfed cows, but then are totally fine consuming raw unpasteurized/ unhomogenized dairy from grassfed/ grass finished cows
I have heard of people who can only tolerate high-quality whey, but I don't appear to tolerate much of it at all and since there are other options I don't stress over it. It's also not a particularly "natural" compound in large amounts.

Gman86

I have heard of people who can only tolerate high-quality whey, but I don't appear to tolerate much of it at all and since there are other options I don't stress over it. It's also not a particularly "natural" compound in large amounts.
High quality whey is such a broad term lol. I just go for whey thats as unprocessed as possible, from grassfed cows, and without anything added to it. I can still see “high quality” whey with artificial ingredients added to it causing someone issues

and that’s a good point. Obv our ancestors would have never really consumed whey by itself in isolation, let alone in high quantities. I personally only ingest 50g of whey post workout 3x/ week

BigTex

High quality whey is such a broad term lol. I just go for whey thats as unprocessed as possible, from grassfed cows, and without anything added to it. I can still see “high quality” whey with artificial ingredients added to it causing someone issues

and that’s a good point. Obv our ancestors would have never really consumed whey by itself in isolation, let alone in high quantities. I personally only ingest 50g of whey post workout 3x/ week
Unfortunately our ancestors did consume whey but it was unprocessed sweet whey. My mother and my wife's mother grew up on farms. Farmers have always let milk curdle so they can skim the top portion off to make cheese. Many times the liquid portion was also used to cook, which is the whey. The pigs got what was left over. The form we have has only just recently bee developed. Also if you drink milk, you are also drinking casein and whey. Many farmers drink milk as a staple.

Gman86

Unfortunately our ancestors did consume whey but it was unprocessed sweet whey. My mother and my wife's mother grew up on farms. Farmers have always let milk curdle so they can skim the top portion off to make cheese. Many times the liquid portion was also used to cook, which is the whey. The pigs got what was left over. The form we have has only just recently bee developed. Also if you drink milk, you are also drinking casein and whey. Many farmers drink milk as a staple.
Why do u say “unfortunately“?

Thanks for the dairy lesson tho lol. Raw unpasteurized/ unhomogenized dairy fTom grassfed cows is definitely a superfood, imo. Was just listening to a podcast this morning where the doctor said that kids that grow up drinking raw unpasteurized/ unhomogenized dairy have a significantly less incidence of eczema, allergies and asthma

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me