When should I get my first labs after starting TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

chungus

i have been on my program 3 weeks. My dr did labs prior to starting and told me the next ones are at 13 weeks. He started me out with AI and that made me uncomfortable after reading on here and I questioned him on it and he said let’s take it for now and we will reevaluate when we do your labs at 13 weeks.

I am thinking of buying my own labs before 13 weeks from the discount labs listed here but I wondered if it is too soon or when I should test?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

1 mg a week and it is mixed in with my test cypionate so I can’t just not take a pill.

I over-responded to just 0.50 anastrozole and wrecks me everytime I touch the stuff. You don't even know if you'll need it and if you don't, well you'll get to find out what it like to have your estrogen low or worse crashed.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would tell my doctor, I'm not taking testosterone mixed with an AI. If he refuses, move on to a new doctor.
I would wait 6 to 12 weeks to have follow-up labs.

chungus

I would tell my doctor, I'm not taking testosterone mixed with an AI. If he refuses, move on to a new doctor.
I would wait 6 to 12 weeks to have follow-up labs.

Thanks. If they won't budge I will change Dr's but right now work is insane. I have been working 12 hours a day out of town for 33 of the last 40 days. I don't have the time to see a new Dr right now and go through all the hoops to get set up.

I understand that 6-12 weeks is the ideal time for follow ups but I guess what I am wondering is how early can I get a lab that would show me that my estrogen is messed up? I am sure if I showed the Dr a lab that showed low estradiol he would agree to take me off of it. Until then he won't.

Basically what he told me when I asked about not taking AI when we started that I was going on his standard protocol and to do that until the first labs and if at that point my estradiol was low he would back down or take me off the AI then. I am just trying to figure out how soon I can get a meaningful lab to show him. I sure don't want to wait the 13 weeks he scheduled and if I have to wait 6 I guess that is ok but I was hoping for something sooner if possible.

I feel ok. Not like superman or anything but am seeing some improvements. I have had morning wood almost daily the past week and that hasn't happened in ten years. Thursday was officially 3 weeks on the program.

Dansk

"I understand that 6-12 weeks is the ideal time for follow ups but I guess what I am wondering is how early can I get a lab that would show me that my estrogen is messed up?"

You will know when to get labs by how you will feel. If you crash your E2 you will likely feel real shitty, at that point grab some labs.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks. If they won't budge I will change Dr's but right now work is insane. I have been working 12 hours a day out of town for 33 of the last 40 days. I don't have the time to see a new Dr right now and go through all the hoops to get set up.

I understand that 6-12 weeks is the ideal time for follow ups but I guess what I am wondering is how early can I get a lab that would show me that my estrogen is messed up? I am sure if I showed the Dr a lab that showed low estradiol he would agree to take me off of it. Until then he won't.

Basically what he told me when I asked about not taking AI when we started that I was going on his standard protocol and to do that until the first labs and if at that point my estradiol was low he would back down or take me off the AI then. I am just trying to figure out how soon I can get a meaningful lab to show him. I sure don't want to wait the 13 weeks he scheduled and if I have to wait 6 I guess that is ok but I was hoping for something sooner if possible.

I feel ok. Not like superman or anything but am seeing some improvements. I have had morning wood almost daily the past week and that hasn't happened in ten years. Thursday was officially 3 weeks on the program.
I don't think you have any choice. This is a doctor you pick, so you might as well follow through. As you're probably learning, it's better to get educated before you start trt, then after.

chungus

Thanks. I guess my concern was since I am so new to this I am not sure how I feel. I have felt shitty for years due to my T being below 200. 3 weeks into the program I feel a little better but not night and day better. I don't know if it just hasn't been long enough in the program for it to kick in or if maybe E2 is holding me back.

chungus

I don't think you have any choice. This is a doctor you pick, so you might as well follow through. As you're probably learning, it's better to get educated before you start trt, then after.

Yes you are right. I am a total newbie to this and did not do enough research prior to starting but am doing all the reading I can now to learn. I was just thinking of buying a lab on my own from discount labs and if numbers were out of whack and showing it to the Doc and see how he responds. I will be home from work next week and have the ability to go get a lab but then will be heading out of town the following week. I just didn't want to waste the money on a 4 week lab if it was to early to show anything meaningful.

They do seem flexible in some regards. They have me taking my test once a week and after reading about the benefits of taking it twice a week I called them to ask and they said most their clients were happy with once a week but if I wanted to try twice a week they would send me extra syringes at no charge.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me