Very Low Estrogen And No Libido After Coming Off TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

mirana

Hi,

I am a 28 year old male who recently came off TRT around 3 months ago, I was on for about 12 months. Dosage 50mg 2x a week.

Before coming off I took HCG for a few weeks and then Clomid for a month.

I came off the test because I was getting sick for about a day after each injection (like clockwork). Not sure why this was, could possibly be an allergic reaction to the oil.

Anyway my test returned to baseline levels but my estrogen is still very low and hasn't improved at all in the last 2 months.

I have basically zero libido which is making my gf very sad. I am quite fatigued and wake up every morning very tired even after a great nights sleep.

Wondering what my options are. I live in Bangkok and its very hard to find a good doctor.

So far I am considering:

1. Waiting
2. Supplementing with DHEA
3. Going back on TRT using a different ester/oil

Here are my lab results

30/05 (A few days after finishing Clomid)

Total Test 3.284 (0.47-9.8)
E2 <10 (11-44)
FSH 1.91 (0.95-11.95)
LH 1.71 (0.57-12.07)
Prolactin 8.41 (3.46-19.4)

25/07

Free Test 7.8 (4.7-24.4)
Total Test 3.852 (0.47-9.8)
E2 <10 (11-44)
FSH 1.27 (0.95-11.95)
LH 1.95 (0.57-12.07)
Progesterone 0.1
Prolactin 5.25 (3.46-19.4)
SHBG 32.7 (32.4-128)

I also used this lab several times previously so I think the E2 measurement is quite accurate. Lab also has a good reputation.

Any advice is welcome.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mirana

Here are my labs from 19/01 when I was still on TRT. I think my dose was a bit higher at the time (150mg a week).

Free Test 34.2 (4.7-24.4)
Total Test 12.67 (0.47-9.8)
E2 34.2 (11-44)
Progesterone <0.1
Prolactin 12.5 (3.46-19.4)
DHEA 301.4 (80-560)
TSH 1.25 (0.35-4.94)
T3 81 (64-152)
Free T3 2.16 (1.88-3.18)
T4 7.47 (4.87-11.72)
Free T4 1.13 (0.7-1.48)

HealthMan

2 months is still very litte time to make a full restart assessment. You have to wait longer. DHEA might not be a bad idea (have you got your DHEA-S tested after the restart?).
The last time I did a “restart” it took approximately 5 months for things get back to “normal”. Everyone is different but you might have to wait a little longer and possibly try another restart.

mirana

2 months is still very litte time to make a full restart assessment. You have to wait longer. DHEA might not be a bad idea (have you got your DHEA-S tested after the restart?).
The last time I did a “restart” it took approximately 5 months for things get back to “normal”. Everyone is different but you might have to wait a little longer and possibly try another restart.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it normal for E2 to crash that bad though? I never even took an AI.

Ah I didn't test DHEA again but probably should have.

Any risk in trying low dose Clomid (say 12.5mg EOD)?

HealthMan

Thanks for the reply.

Is it normal for E2 to crash that bad though? I never even took an AI.

Ah I didn't test DHEA again but probably should have.

Any risk in trying low dose Clomid (say 12.5mg EOD)?

In my case my estradiol sensitive was in the single digits after restart. I think you have the wrong estradiol test so better get the sensitive one done (however sensitive most likely will be very low as well). Did you test your estradiol before TRT? Maybe given you are hypogonodal your estradiol was already low.

mirana

I don't have the results with my at the moment but pre-TRT my E2 was well within range, even a bit high.

Yeah unfortunately I can't get the proper E2 test where I live.

HealthMan

I don't have the results with my at the moment but pre-TRT my E2 was well within range, even a bit high.

Yeah unfortunately I can't get the proper E2 test where I live.
Understood. Give it more time. DHEA might help a bit. Also keep in mind that clomid has a very long half life. So it will be in your system for a few months. Clomid can make some people not feel right and after clomid is gone from your system your body is on it’s own to produce testosterone and it might take more time to things settle down so that might be part of the problem. I felt miserable for 5-6 months after restart then things improved but never to the point i was happy. So after years i started TRT this time for good.

Last edited:

HealthMan

Also post your restart protocol here. It has been a long time since i have done mine so i dont remember much about what a good protocol would look like. But i am sure other users can help

mirana

Thanks for the advice.

My restart protocol was something like this:

2 weeks before coming off TRT I started HCG injections 500mcg EOD
I continued the HCG for another 2 weeks after stopping test injections and then 5 days after my last HCG shot I started Clomid
I took Clomid for 4 weeks 50/25/25/12.5

Last edited:

HealthMan

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com