Very Low E2 with High-ish T and SHBG???

Buy Lab Tests Online

Space01

Hey Guys,

I hope you can help me sort out my blood work. From what I can tell my testosterone tends be not great, but decent, but my SHBG tends to be slightly high and my E2 very low. My T looks to have crashed, but recovered somewhat recently. I exhibit pretty much all the signs of low T, but I have some other issues that may be causing my symptoms or just adding to the agony of the hormone issues.

I know my test levels are not optimal, but I wonder if my bigger problem is that my estrogen is so low? I have not gotten an ultrasensitive E2 done, but it seems that it will probably give me an even lower E2 number.

I don’t understand how my estradiol can be so low with high-ish testosterone and SHBG. Help interpreting my numbers below and what could be going on would be much appreciated!

Capture.JPG

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Are you using any form of TRT at the present time? Do you have any other lab work (thyroid panel)? The more you can provide, including symptoms that you're experiencing, the more help the fellows here can provide.

Space01

Thanks CoastWatcher. No I am not using TRT and never have. My symptoms include fatigue, unrefreshing sleep, low of sex drive, lack of motivation, brain fog, memory problems, weight gain, hard to lose weight, hard to gain muscle. I do tend to have erections most mornings, so I do not fit the profile in that way. My back story is that I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about 20 years ago and have never felt like I fully recovered. With reoccurring and increasing symptoms I recently went to a Naturopath (also an M.D.) who determined that I am reactivated for EBV, CMC & HHV-6 via antibodies in blood test. I also have certain MTHFR genetic SNPs that could be contributing to my symptoms. So, I'm trying to put the puzzle all together and figure out how my hormones may fit into the picture.

My Thyroid tests are below. Though my TSH is within the reference range, it appears to me that my thyroid is a tad sluggish also.

Capture 2.JPG
Capture 3.jpg
Capture 4.jpg

CoastWatcher

Estradiol should rise as testosterone levels increase if TRT is initiated. "E follows T." There are moderators on the forum with more experience and knowledge who, I am sure, can address these values in more detail.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Space, thanks for joining! Couple quick things ... I don't want you to think I'm discounting the E2 assays you've provided, but the gold standard to accuracy in serum measurement for men is the sensitive or ultra-sensitive assay. I suspect you will probably come back on the "low" end on one of those labs as well, but a Labcorp sensitive reading (which I believe has a Ref Range of 3-to-70 ..) will really give us thorough idea where your E2 really sits.

I can't make out the bottom labs for your thyroid; primarily speaking the Reverse T3 and Antibodies - TPO & TgAb. The FT3 doesn't show the Ref Range either, but most will be 2.0 to 4.4. If you can confirm these values, that will be quite helpful in the discussion. Interested to hear more about your MTHFR genetic profile analysis and any comments your physicians have provided. Any concerns with iron, ferritin, B12 & Lipids? Let me know .. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'd definitely retest the Estradiol using the proper sensitive/ultrasensitive test and then ponder a course of action. That could absolutely be a lab error.

davem

Please, continue this thread. I fall into this same category. I have Low Estradiol (around 5) and High-ish SHBG too (upper end of normal). My T is good with 4 pumps of AXIRON (around 700) and I am muscular with low body fat (around 9%). 57 years old.
My bone scan shows osteopenia in my right hip too.
Should I try adding DHEA?

Vince

Super Moderator
daven, I never used axiron, I only injected and if it matters I have only injected in my shoulders for 14 weeks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me