VARIATIONS IN THE RETAIL PRICE OF hCG IN THE UNITED STATES

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
MP79-17 VARIATIONS IN THE RETAIL PRICE OF HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN IN THE UNITED STATES (2023)
Jake Miller*, Mitchell OLeary, Douglas Schneider, Charles Loeb, Lawrence Jenkins, Faysal Yafi, Orange, CA

INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVE

Urine-derived human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) remains a popular treatment for hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and induction of spermatogenesis or puberty in select patients. Shortages in both brand name and generic HCG, and the resulting increases in prices, have raised barriers to the treatment of patients. We aim to determine the variations in the price of HCG therapy within the U.S. and the potential for an undue financial burden on patients receiving HCG therapy.

METHODS

Using the GoodRx website, prices of generic HCG, Pregnyl, and Novarel (10,000-unit vials) with and without coupons were recorded. Prices were collected from the most popular retail pharmacies in each state's most populous zip code. The lowest and highest retail prices were noted for each brand by state and pharmacy.

RESULTS

The mean highest retail prices for generic HCG, Pregnyl, and Novarel were $546.42±$64.95, $170.28±$76.82, and $387, respectively. The mean lowest retail prices of generic HCG, Pregnyl, and Novarel were $289.68, $113.88±$1.29, and $307.31±$2.00, respectively. The mean difference between the highest and lowest prices available within the same zip code for generic HCG, Pregnyl, and Novarel were $256.74±$64.95, $54.40±$76.65, and $79.69±$2.00, respectively (Figure 1).

CONCLUSIONS

Differences between the highest and lowest prices available for HCG therapy within a set zip code reached $462 per vial, demonstrating the potential for an undue financial burden on patients receiving HCG therapy. Significant changes in the cost of HCG therapy were seen within zip codes as a result of pricing differences between brands and pharmacies. Despite this, there was no significant variation in the lowest price available for generic HCG therapy between states. Given these price variations, providers must be aware of pricing patterns and be able to assist patients as they navigate the financials of these treatments.

Figure 1. Difference between the most and least expensive HCG therapy available by zip code
Screenshot (21887).png

Attachments

• JU.0000000000003356.17.pdf
    294.2 KB · Views: 32
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

$462 per vial???? This is why our cost of health insurance is so high. Americans are being ripped off by big pharma.

HCG 5000IU.jpg

Is this product worthless because it is manufactured in Hong Kong (its certainly much cheaper)? Take a look at what other pharma companies are located in Hong Kong

Bayer
Ferring
GlaxoSmithKline
Johnson & Johnson
Merck & Co
Pfizer

Pregnyl made by Organon USA Inc (with 5 locations in China).
a subsidiary of Merck & Co.
Novarel made by Ferring

Yet the much cheaper HCGs are bad because they are made in China? I can get the above box for ~$70 a box of 10 vials. You think all the American companies above are making a better product or making a better profit off Americans.

Last edited:

Gell

$462 per vial???? This is why our cost of health insurance is so high. Americans are being ripped off by big pharma.

View attachment 30228

Is this product worthless because it is manufactured in Hong Kong (its certainly much cheaper)? Take a look at what other pharma companies are located in Hong Kong

Bayer
Ferring
GlaxoSmithKline
Johnson & Johnson
Merck & Co
Pfizer

Novarel made by Ferring

Yet the much cheaper HCGs are bad because they are made in China? I can get the above box for ~$70 a box of 10 vials. You think all the American companies above are making a better product or making a better profit off Americans.
Thanks for the info. Where did you buy the $70 a box of 10 vials?

BigTex

@Gell, I did not mention that I bought this from an online pharmacy. It was manufactured in Hong Kong and is obviously sold in China. My source is kind of private, certainly not something I will post on a public board. My posting that little of information was strictly to let the guys on this board know that there is NO need to spend $462 on HCG. You are getting RIPPED OFF. Any one who has been a member of this board for a while knows that you can buy it legitimately from Indian pharmacies.

ReliableRX has very cheap prices, very good products and is easy to deal with. $15/5000iu. Shipping is usually around $18, turnaround time is about 1-2 weeks. I have been dealing with these folks for almost 15 years now. My price on the Chinese product was $7/vial, you can get a very good product form Reliable for $15/vial. Again, my reason for posting stuff like this is to help those of us in America to not get ripped off by big pharma. There are alternatives, despite the propaganda big pharma and the FDA spread. America is not the only country in the world that had very good pharmaceuticals and excellent doctors.

In my life I have been able to travel world wide due to being an athlete and competing all over the world. I love this country but like most was brainwashed into thinking only America has the best of everything. The rest of the world has caught up with us. I have been to foreign pharmacies and purchased medication for maybe 25 years, from Mexico, South America, EU and Russia. I was shocked to find out their medication was equal to that of the USA. In fact, the people who work at the pharmacies seem to have more knowledge. They don't just fill prescriptions. I have been to doctors and hospitals in other countries, again equal to what we have. The difference, the price they charge vs what we charge. I post some of these prices just as an eye opener for those of us who are getting ripped off by big Pharma. Mostly Americans. Good prices are out there you just have to look.

Here is another excellent pharmacy from Hong Kong that I have been doing business with for years. Talk to Robert at By Pharma.

Yet another very legitimate Indian pharmacy that is owned by Reliable RX.....ALL DAY CHEMIST Done business with them for years too.

Make a small purchase and see how it goes. I just took a chance with a British vet pharmacy on a small order and what I ordered quickly appeared. The British sell pet medications much cheaper than we do in America and you don't need a prescription. We got to start thinking outside of the American box.

Systemlord

View attachment 30228

Bayer
Ferring
GlaxoSmithKline
Johnson & Johnson
Merck & Co
Pfizer

Novarel made by Ferring

The FDA did its job, it protected Big Pharma from compounding pharmacies driving competition by making hCG.

I watched a news report on TV about the same medications sold to Australians for a fraction of what Americans are charged.

Americans are being ripped off, at least that’s what Australians are saying when they find out how much we pay for the same medications.

There needs to be a regulating body to stop insurance companies from committing fraud by denying treatments and medical care for which they qualify, but are denied because the insurance companies play games.

There needs to be fair prices for everyone and stop price gouging Americans.

Americans need to wake up and shop smarter, demand better care and cost for that care.

These days, DHL can deliver packages in 3 days to the US from China.

Last edited:

BigTex

The FDA did its job, it protected Big Pharma from compounding pharmacies driving competition by making hCG.

I watched a news report on TV about the same medications sold to Australians for a fraction of what Americans are charged.

Americans are being ripped off, at least that’s what Australians are saying when they find out how much we pay for the same medications.

There needs to be a regulating body to stop insurance companies from committing fraud by denying treatments and medical care for which they qualify, but are denied because the insurance companies play games.

There needs to be fair prices for everyone and stop price gouging Americans.

Americans need to wake up and shop smarter, demand better care and cost for that care.

These days, DHL can deliver packages in 3 days to the US from China.
Here is a very good article I found on Bloomberg

The U.S. Pays a Lot More for Top Drugs Than Other Countries

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale