Use of Bremelanotide (Vyleesi) PT-141 in Men with Sexual Dysfunctions

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

Introduction

Bremelanotide (Vyleesi) is an FDA-approved medication for the safe and efficacious treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder in premenopausal women, however, phase 3 trials revealed it improved arousal and orgasm as well. As a centrally acting drug, it was expected to be effective to treat sexual dysfunctions in men and has been prescribed off-label routinely in our practice.

bremelanotide men sex drive.jpg

Objective

The primary aim of this study was to evaluate the use of bremelanotide in men with various sexual dysfunctions, the reasons why the medication was prescribed, improvements in sexual function and overall satisfaction, and side effects experienced.

Methods

This one-group study design involved men from a single clinic with various sexual dysfunctions prescribed bremelanotide beginning May 1, 2021. After signing consent participants answered the Quality of Life (QOL) Dimension of Sexual Quality of Life Questionnaire, the Patient Global Impression of Improvement (PGI-I), and the General Assessment Questions (GAQ) online. After confirming they had used the medication at least twice, participants completed a structured interview over the telephone with a single interviewer. Descriptive statistics were used to characterize the study cohort. Adverse events were collected.

Results

To date, a total of 21 men signed consent and 19 completed the online questionnaires. 80% of these men were more satisfied with their lovemaking and duration of lovemaking; 93% reported vaginal insertion was easier and 71% said it was easier to orgasm.
With regard to feelings about initiating lovemaking, 86% were more at ease, and 79% anticipated it would be more pleasurable and more carefree. 69% believed orgasm was more pleasurable 73% said that lovemaking was more pleasurable while 79% reported that the partner’s overall experience was more pleasurable. Using the PGI-I, 53% of participants felt that sexual function after using bremelanotide was a little better, much better, or very much better. Additional questions online revealed similar results. Twelve men completed the one-on-one interview: 69% of participants were prescribed bremelanotide for erectile dysfunction. 64% had at least other one sexual health issue, including anxiety about sex (54%), low sexual desire (45%), not enjoying sex (36%), orgasm difficulties (18%), and ejaculation difficulties and sensation loss (9% each). A total of 91% experienced improvements in sexual function, all with improved erectile function. 100% of those with complaints of low sexual desire and/or complaints of anxiety around sex reported improvement; 64% had decreased anxiety around sex; 55% had more enjoyment with sex; and orgasm improved for 36% of participants. Men reported longer erection and ability for additional erection for 18-24 hours after bremelanotide injection, better connection between genitals and brain, improved sensitivity, and increased confidence. Side effects included flushing (36%), nausea (36%), headache (27%), bothersome spontaneous erections without sexual stimulation for about 24 hours after injection (27%), and incontinence, cramping, and abdominal burning (9% each). All adverse events were transient.

Conclusions

While bremelanotide is approved for hypoactive sexual desire disorder in premenopausal women, it has been prescribed and used successfully for men with erectile dysfunction and other concomitant sexual health issues.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Golfboy307

Thanks for posting Madman.. .still playing around with this peptide.

I read through the attachment. I didn't see any indication of dosage in this study?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
It is a poster presentation and they did not show dosage.

This is what the package insert says:

-DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION--------------------
• Inject 1.75 mg subcutaneously via the autoinjector to the abdomen or thigh,
as needed, at least 45 minutes before anticipated sexual activity. (2.1)
• Do not administer more than one dose within 24 hours. (2.1)
• More than 8 doses per month is not recommended. (2.1)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me