Trying to conceive. Hmg AND clomid?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Little background on me. I’m 38. Been on trt for almost 10 years. Many of those at very high levels of “trt” (200-250mg)… history of a few heavy steroid cycles. We have an 18 month old baby that took about 6 months to conceive while staying in trt and hcg/FSH (75iu 3x/week and 1000iu hcg 100 test)

Now we have been trying for baby number two. First couple months I was being selfish and still staying on too high of levels of drugs. I was using 250 test and 200 primobolan. I used the at home sperm test (yo) and basically had zero activity. I then dropped primo and started using only 105mg test. This whole time I was using 75iu hmg 3x/week along with 1000iu hcg 3x. I dropped test completely two weeks ago and I also added 25mg clomid ed (starting this past week). I decided to drop test completely bc I’d like to get this done asap as I’m growing closer and closer to age 40.

I see so much conflicting info regarding these fertility drugs. The fertility dr we saw last time wanted me to come off the hcg/FSH and use clomid only (we actually had a positive test that next day so I never stopped the FSH/hcg). Steroid forums usually say to use hmg, hcg and clomid, but I’ve heard hmg and clomid shouldn’t be used together and that you should chose one or the other

Any input would be appreciated

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Arcane

Little background on me. I’m 38. Been on trt for almost 10 years. Many of those at very high levels of “trt” (200-250mg)… history of a few heavy steroid cycles. We have an 18 month old baby that took about 6 months to conceive while staying in trt and hcg/FSH (75iu 3x/week and 1000iu hcg 100 test)

Now we have been trying for baby number two. First couple months I was being selfish and still staying on too high of levels of drugs. I was using 250 test and 200 primobolan. I used the at home sperm test (yo) and basically had zero activity. I then dropped primo and started using only 105mg test. This whole time I was using 75iu hmg 3x/week along with 1000iu hcg 3x. I dropped test completely two weeks ago and I also added 25mg clomid ed (starting this past week). I decided to drop test completely bc I’d like to get this done asap as I’m growing closer and closer to age 40.

I see so much conflicting info regarding these fertility drugs. The fertility dr we saw last time wanted me to come off the hcg/FSH and use clomid only (we actually had a positive test that next day so I never stopped the FSH/hcg). Steroid forums usually say to use hmg, hcg and clomid, but I’ve heard hmg and clomid shouldn’t be used together and that you should chose one or the other

have you been on hcg the entire time you were on trt?

Arcane

any update?

@Arcane - I've been reading through the forums and I'm the same age an on the same boat.

TRT for almost 10 years and now about try to conceive but the Dr. wants me off TRT completely and to switch to Clomid

Gman86

@Arcane - I've been reading through the forums and I'm the same age an on the same boat.

TRT for almost 10 years and now about try to conceive but the Dr. wants me off TRT completely and to switch to Clomid
For what it’s worth, I’ve been on HRT for 10 years as well, and conceived a son 3.5 years ago while on test alone. Was off HCG for 2 months at the time. Was using it for a bit prior to that. Got the girl pregnant totally by accident. Wasn’t trying or anything

fast forward to 2 months ago when my girlfriend and I were actually trying. I was on test, nandrolone and primo, along with 1000iu’s of HCG per week. She got pregnant first month trying

obv this is just my experience, but I would personally try to conceive without going off of TRT first. I did Clomid monotherapy for 3 months years ago and it was the worst 3 months life my entire life. Was almost suicidal. But I think I was on too high of a dose. Was using 50mg/ day

phalloguy100

When we had kids, I was on a lower dose TRT but Defy put me on hcg+hmg as well. Within a month and a half of starting those injections, my wofe got pregnant with our first child (of course we didn’t know it right away but the doctor figured out the conception month based on ultrasound. Repeated two years later and boom, our second child was conceived!

I honestly don’t remember the dosage (hcg may have been 250iu three times per week, not sure about T and hmg). But the point is that it worked.

There are studies in pubmed showing clomid is as affective as hcg for increasing sperm count, but sperm morphology isn’t improved as much.

Obviously consult with your doctor instead of taking advice from the internet! :)

Arcane

When we had kids, I was on a lower dose TRT but Defy put me on hcg+hmg as well. Within a month and a half of starting those injections, my wofe got pregnant with our first child (of course we didn’t know it right away but the doctor figured out the conception month based on ultrasound. Repeated two years later and boom, our second child was conceived!

I honestly don’t remember the dosage (hcg may have been 250iu three times per week, not sure about T and hmg). But the point is that it worked.

There are studies in pubmed showing clomid is as affective as hcg for increasing sperm count, but sperm morphology isn’t improved as much.

Obviously consult with your doctor instead of taking advice from the internet! :)
Defy still has hmg?

Gman86

So u did HCG and HMG for ur 2nd child as well? Was the HMG really expensive?

Gman86

I did for both, yes. I believe my insurance paid for them. I remember Defy submitted some kind of prior authorization paperwork to get them approved (for a small fee).
Oh wow really? what was required from u as far as them doing the prior authorization goes? Did u have to send defy some low sperm test results while on TRT?

hfbjr

I too was in the same boat as you. Every fertility doc wanted me off testosterone. I scoured the net, even posted here looking for help, which many did on research articles that showed you don't have to come off of trt to conceive. My fertility clinic in Chicago allowed me to stay on. He put me on hcg 3 times a week. I however injected every day, as my insurance would overnight me 12 vials of hcg when I'd get low. I did however cut my trt dose in half. Took a little under 6 months for me to go from 2mil to 91 million total sperm count. I never added FSH, although I wanted to. By the second analysis it wasn't needed.

In my opinion, print research articles to show him. And also large doses of hcg will get your testicles going. I injected 1666 iu's everyday. Have faith, it will happen.

phalloguy100

Oh wow really? what was required from u as far as them doing the prior authorization goes? Did u have to send defy some low sperm test results while on TRT?
I don't remember all the details. I just have an old email where I thanked Defy for working through the PA which saved me a ton of money. :)

I remember though that I already had sperm testing done by the endo who started me on TRT. He had me do the semen analysis twice, and both times it was low. I don't remember if testing was before or after he started me on TRT. All those medical records went to Defy, so maybe that's why they didn't ask for repeat testing.

phalloguy100

If you get in touch with Defy, the new patient folks can answer all those questions for you before getting you scheduled for an appointment. They're very helpful.

You can also look for university medical centers near you, who often have some kind of fertility clinic.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me