TRT and Alcohol

Buy Lab Tests Online

psaufan

Not sure under what category to post this, so I'll put it here to start.

Bit of history: I've been on TRT for just under four years...good results.

I went through a seven-year stretch when I was ages 36 through 43 where I stayed "medicated" with alcohol all day...never drunk, but medicated.

Two years ago, I began to drink again, socially. I'd have two to three beers a week...mainly with a burger or something similar. Then, I moved onto whiskey and diet cokes. Well, now I am up to three to four of these a day. Basically, staying medicated again.

So, I am aware that either dramatically scaling back, or quitting altogether, is the obvious choice when it comes to alcohol.

Here is my question: what is the effect of all this alcohol on my TRT? What effect has it had on my workouts? I lift six days a week for 45 minutes.

I ask this question because I know quitting is the only choice, as mentioned earlier. What I am wanting to anticipate - as some incentive - is how quitting will positively impact my TRT regimen and, maybe, my workouts. Incentive outside of the benefits to my body in general are important to me.

Thanks for any replies...

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Alcohol can affect your liver function and increase aromatization of testosterone to estrogen. Also it will affect your sperm quality. I believe overall most men on trt do drink some alcohol.

madman

Super Moderator
Not sure under what category to post this, so I'll put it here to start.

Bit of history: I've been on TRT for just under four years...good results.

Grew up with an alcoholic parent, though they drank when I was ages 10 through 14...they quit and have not drank since then. This parents parents were both alcoholics as well. I went through a seven-year stretch when I was ages 36 through 43 where I stayed "medicated" with alcohol all day...never drunk, but medicated. I realized I was, basically, an alcoholic as well and I quit cold turkey.

Two years ago, I began to drink again, socially. I'd have two to three beers a week...mainly with a burger or something similar. Then, I moved onto whiskey and diet cokes. Well, now I am up to three to four of these a day. Basically, staying medicated again.

So, I am aware that either dramatically scaling back, or quitting altogether, is the obvious choice when it comes to alcohol.

Here is my question: what is the effect of all this alcohol on my TRT? What effect has it had on my workouts? I lift six days a week for 45 minutes.

I ask this question because I know quitting is the only choice, as mentioned earlier. What I am wanting to anticipate - as some incentive - is how quitting will positively impact my TRT regiment and, maybe, my workouts. Incentive outside of the benefits to my body in general are important to me.

Thanks for any replies...

The liver is responsible for metabolizing/excreting excess estrogen and alcohol interferes with this process.

Excess alcohol consumption has also been shown to hinder fat loss, have a detrimental effect on fertility, impair liver function (elevated liver enzymes) and cause nutritional deficiencies.

Even though excess alcohol has been shown to have a negative effect on a males hpta and lower testosterone.

You are on trt and using exogenous testosterone so as long as you are eating enough calories above maintenance and consuming the minimal amount of protein needed.

Than if your diet and training are in check you should still be able to gain muscle/strength but do understand that sleep/recovery are critical to making gains and excess alcohol will definitely have a strong negative impact on recovery.

I would say 1-2 alcoholic beverages/day is ok but anything more and you are just hindering your training goals let alone the overall negative impact it may have on your health in the long run.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me