Transitioning from Clomid to T injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diggs

Been on Clomid for about 9 months, and couldn't quite seem to get "feeling right" so beginning next week I'm moving to my first ever T injection. Is there any value in keeping with the clomid, at say 12.5mg, alongside my T injections for the first 2 weeks and then discontinue, or just discontinue upon my first injection?
Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

James

Diggs - Do yourself a favor and start with a low dose! Don't get caught up in the drama and emotion of the testosterone marketing machine that promises everything from larger muscles, a harder penis, increase height, and the ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound. This is a serious drug, and if you start with a high dose, you can really screw yourself up. As ERO said, it's best to inject every 3.5 days. If your doctor insists that you inject once a week, I'd recommend not going any higher than 100 milligrams... and be patient. You can always increased your dose based on labs and how you feel after 4 - 6 weeks.

Diggs

Really appreciate all the responses. My doc has me scheduled for 20mg every third day of a testosterone blend that comes from University compounding pharmacy. I'll know more about it when they ship it to me. I'd read both Crisler's and Campbell's book so I can appreciate the start low and go slow protocol.

Vince

Super Moderator
Really appreciate all the responses. My doc has me scheduled for 20mg every third day of a testosterone blend that comes from University compounding pharmacy. I'll know more about it when they ship it to me. I'd read both Crisler's and Campbell's book so I can appreciate the start low and go slow protocol.

20mg of T every third day, I hope that's a typo.

ERO

Agree with Vince. A basic replacement dose of T is 100 mg per week, so your 40 mg every 6 days is a very low starting point. Starting low and going up is sound advice, but starting below what is only a replacement dosage seems a bit odd.

Diggs

Appreciate the responses. Unfortunately that's the dosage I've been told to begin with. And I suppose while I won't disparage the name of my doctor, he's in Los Angeles, and considered to be knowledgeable and progressive. He's a nice guy too. I've even heard Dr. Crisler mention his name several times in the video chats. (which is why I chose him cause I'm in LA) That said, it could indeed be too low a starting dose, but man, how do ya bring THAT up with your doctor without getting the third degree? :confused: Guess that's my work!

CoastWatcher

Appreciate the responses. Unfortunately that's the dosage I've been told to begin with. And I suppose while I won't disparage the name of my doctor, he's in Los Angeles, and considered to be knowledgeable and progressive. He's a nice guy too. I've even heard Dr. Crisler mention his name several times in the video chats. (which is why I chose him cause I'm in LA) That said, it could indeed be too low a starting dose, but man, how do ya bring THAT up with your doctor without getting the third degree? :confused: Guess that's my work!

You should be able to bring up any topic - a question, concern, objection - with your doctor. Asking why a protocol is in place deserves an honest open answer. There are plenty of reasons 40mg a week of testosterone may fail. A typical starting dose is somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100mg weekly in divided doses - adjustments can be made from there. You have to be your own advocate. We all do.

I can concur with ERO, Vince, and Coastwatcher... unless you are an EXTREME outlier 20mg of T cyp (which actually delivers LESS than 20 mg of actual testosterone due to the ester weight) will not get you to what are considered optimal levels. In fact, of many thousands of patients currently under my care and in the past, indeed none have attained optimal levels on doses so low.

Are you sure you're not confused on the dosage? 20mg would only be 0.1ml of a standard 200mg/ml concentration.

Your only hope of attaining optimal T levels on a dosage like that would be if you were on HCG concurrently and your testes were HIGHLY responsive and capable (and produce a ton of T in response)...but this is not likely to be the case if your doctor is prescribing you TRT for a presumed primary Hypogonadism diagnosis.

Vitamin_C

80-100mg per week in divided doses is about as conservative as you should get logically with TRT. I agree with go low and start slow but you have to let us know of 40mg per week does anything to your total T.

Braun

and so well? what's the problem? if the doctor told you to stop the Clomid and he told you what should be the T dosage and plus to all that you said that it is a nice doctor that (seems to me) knows what he's doing, what it is the problem? just do what you've got to do and that's it.

Last edited:

Diggs

I can concur with ERO, Vince, and Coastwatcher... unless you are an EXTREME outlier 20mg of T cyp (which actually delivers LESS than 20 mg of actual testosterone due to the ester weight) will not get you to what are considered optimal levels. In fact, of many thousands of patients currently under my care and in the past, indeed none have attained optimal levels on doses so low.

Are you sure you're not confused on the dosage? 20mg would only be 0.1ml of a standard 200mg/ml concentration.

Your only hope of attaining optimal T levels on a dosage like that would be if you were on HCG concurrently and your testes were HIGHLY responsive and capable (and produce a ton of T in response)...but this is not likely to be the case if your doctor is prescribing you TRT for a presumed primary Hypogonadism diagnosis.

Being that I am brand new to this, and as is SO OFTEN the case, there was simply user error on my part. So my biggest apologies to everyone for my being a dork and providing inaccurate information. I've spoken with the pharmacist and received my shipment and I am to take .2 of a 200 mg/ml blend of cyp/prop (180mg/ml of cypionate combined with 20mg/ml of propionate) for a total of 40mg per shot every 3 days. (That being 36mg of cyp plus 4mg of prop.) That'd put me at 200mg total over the course of 14 days. (5 days of shots X 40mg) So I suppose that would be in line with what so many of you have been very cool to suggest. And, for the record, my flimsy excuse is that no one told me there was gonna be math involved! :p THANKS again to everyone. What a valuable resource this forum is!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me