Thyroid Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

River Rat

All - recently had thyroid tests done and t4 direct was .77 (range .82 -1.77), TSH was 3.65(range .45 - 4.5) and t3 uptake was 23 (range 24-39%). Dr says things look fine; any advice would be appreciated. I am on TRT but still have brain fog and am tired.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I would find another doctor, TSH >2.5 is indicating a problem. Your doctor didn't test the most important thyroid hormone Free T3. Free T3 is the only active thyroid hormone, Free T3 (not TSH or Free T4) speeds up every cell and increases metabolism, sometimes Reverse T3 can block Free T3 at the receptors negating good Free T3 levels and you would then see TSH elevated.

There are a lot of thyroid doctors out there who are just not up to date on modern medicine and are practicing medicine the way it was taught decades ago in medical school, doctors that re-educate themselves staying ahead of the most recent medical studies will have the knowledge to help you.

We see cases like yours all the time, the common denominator is a lack of proper testing and looking at Free T3, Reverse T3 and antibody testing. There are people out there walking around with high antibodies and their immune system is attacking the thyroid gland and are unaware because doctors are doing minimal testing.

Your Free T4 is below range and should have forced your doctor to investigate, you need more extensive testing. TRT can't work well when there are thyroid problems. It would be helpful if you described your TRT protocol in detail.

Optimal VS Normal Thyroid Levels for all Lab Tests & Ages

Reference ranges for TSH and thyroid hormones
First of all the distribution of TSH reference range is not normal, with median values (also depending on population iodine intake) usually between 1-1.5 mU/L [1-3]. On the other hand, upper TSH reference limit is (assay-dependent) usually around 4.2-4.5 mU/L. There is also an argument that significant number of patients (up to 30%) with TSH above 3.0 mU/L have an occult autoimmune thyroid disease.
The evidence for a narrower thyrotropin reference range
It has become clear that previously accepted reference ranges are no longer valid as a result of both the development of more highly sensitive TSH assays and the appreciation that reference populations previously considered normal were contaminated with individuals with various degrees of thyroid dysfunction that served to increase mean TSH levels for the group. Recent laboratory guidelines from the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry indicate that more than 95% of normal individuals have TSH levels below 2.5 mU/liter

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree you should have complete tyroid panel. TSH, free T4, free T3, and reverse T3. Have you had both of your thyroid antibodies checked.

River Rat

My current TRT protocol is 40 mg t Cypionate twice per week and 300 units of HCG twice per week.

My hemoglobin has been high even with blood donations every two months; so doctor requested that I reduce cypionate and HCG. Starting next week, I am reducing T to 66 mg per week and HCG to 500 mg per week.

I agree with my friends here, incomplete testing, can't draw any conclusion from this besides it's wrong and needs redone; if all this is affordable for you:

TSH
Free T4
Free T3
Reverse T3
Antibodies

Last edited:

MarcoFL

My current TRT protocol is 40 mg t Cypionate twice per week and 300 units of HCG twice per week.

My hemoglobin has been high even with blood donations every two months; so doctor requested that I reduce cypionate and HCG. Starting next week, I am reducing T to 66 mg per week and HCG to 500 mg per week.
What were your HCT and hemoglobin levels? I donated 2 times and took a year to recover. Follow what your doctor says.

River Rat

What were your HCT and hemoglobin levels? I donated 2 times and took a year to recover. Follow what your doctor says.
What do you mean that it took a year to recover. I have never felt great on TRT but after my last blood donation, I almost fainted and got very dizzy, sweaty. Ever since then, I feel terrible with lack of memory and energy.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me