THoughts on latest thyroid labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

LTChris

I would appreciate any insight on the following results. I am on TRT, but still have some fatigue.

recent labs:

Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 2.0 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S T4,Free(Direct) 0.95 ng/dL 0.82 - 1.77

Reverse T3, Serum 16.2 ng/dL 9.2 - 24.1

Thyroglobulin Antibody 0.0 IU/mL 0.0 - 0.9
measured by Beckman Coulter Methodology

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 17 IU/mL 0 - 34

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
thats the starting to get up there range but Im not sure which they treat/supplement, T3 or T4 as Im not totally in to Thyroid. With those T3/4 numbers I would have guess your TSH in to the 3s somewhere.

LTChris

Thanks, I am at a loss on thyroid issues. I thought Testosterone therapy was overwhelming, but It seems more straight forward than thyroid therapy

I thought there might be something to it. As I still have fatigue, cold all the time, and constipation issues.

CoastWatcher

Thanks, I am at a loss on thyroid issues. I thought Testosterone therapy was overwhelming, but It seems more straight forward than thyroid therapy

I thought there might be something to it. As I still have fatigue, cold all the time, and constipation issues.
When is your next Defy consultation? The medical staff treats patient with thyroid issues on a regular basis. You can get through this.

LTChris

It was coming up next week. They saw this thread and took action. I have some desiccated thyroid medication on the way! Melissa @ defy came through again. It is rare to find professionals who actually care.

I am starting off at .5 grain a day, then see how it goes from there.

CoastWatcher

It was coming up next week. They saw this thread and took action. I have some desiccated thyroid medication on the way! Melissa @ defy came through again. It is rare to find professionals who actually care.

I am starting off at .5 grain a day, then see how it goes from there.

Good news. I hope it works.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I would appreciate any insight on the following results. I am on TRT, but still have some fatigue.

recent labs:

Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 2.0 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S T4,Free(Direct) 0.95 ng/dL 0.82 - 1.77

Reverse T3, Serum 16.2 ng/dL 9.2 - 24.1

Thyroglobulin Antibody 0.0 IU/mL 0.0 - 0.9
measured by Beckman Coulter Methodology

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 17 IU/mL 0 - 34

Your FT3 is at the very bottom of the reference range, FT4 isn't too far off (13.6% of reference range). Do you have your Total T4 lab? I suspect your Total T4 is converting at higher rates of Reverse T3. Reason being, yes, all the thyroid hormones are low, but if you calculate the ratio with FT3/RT3 it comes in at 12.2. Usually 20 to 25 is a good place for ratios, knowing the body will shift and convert/produce increased RT3 when needing to conserve energy. Could be from being ill, injury, and in many cases with imbalances.

Just know, if you see RT3 increase with your NDT treatment, and the ratio still comes in < 20, this is a marker telling you that something else is off, and something could be inhibiting FT3 with getting to the cells. The two primary areas that will cause this is iron/ferritin and cortisol. If you have had a prolonged issue with this, the thyroid will just remain in a hypo-lackadaisical state, and even the pituitary function can fatigue when constant demand for thyroid hormone is promted with TRH--> to TSH, but the thyroid is not producing adequately.

It happens quite often with women having estrogen dominance from post menopause, where the adrenals (cortisol) get blistered due to the absence of progesterone. It's not uncommon in those cases to see TSH at/below 0.5 iu/ML, and actual thyroid hormone below the reference scale. If you have had a major amount of stress or something that has put a majorly high demand on your adrenals, then this could be the (or part of the) course that you are on(?)

Not saying this is you, just saying it happens, and it's one key reason not to just go by TSH alone when examining the thyroid. However, your TSH is what most doctors would see as being in the optimal zone, but your actual thyroid hormone (FT4 & FT3) is at the bottom end, which we see guys having TSH levels at > 4.5iu/ML when thyroid hormone is at 25% to 40% of range on both FT4 & FT3. Again, something to just review, research, and understand.

NDT treatment 'might' be the ticket, but, IMHO, I would suggest you support it with having your iron serum, TIBC, ferritin, and even a 24 hour saliva cortisol test taken that can provide a circadian profile, and a cortisol with DHEA correlation analysis. If it doesn't, we can provide you with that based on the methods used by DiagnosTech Labs and Dr. Michael Lam. It would be suggested to also review various areas of your electrolyte panel, and D3 to cap.

Based on your comments about "being cold all the time", I would highly encourage having the doctor review the labs mentioned above. That's the tricky thing with the thyroid ... IF, let's say your iron and ferritin is in the dumps, T3 will just go on strike!! It can't adequately make it to the cells without it, no way, no how! Lack of FT3 to the cells is a lack of ATP synthesis, and the metabolic energy you desire.

CoastWatcher

How did they know who you are just from your screenname?
Melissa, a member here at EM, will frequently message guys who reference the fact that they are Defy patients if she notices a post that she can respond to and then, once identity is established, work directly with him.

Last edited:
How did they know who you are just from your screenname?

I've told Dr. Saya my screen name in a consult so he's tied it to my identity, in fact, he said to me once he didn't know if he should call me johndoesmith or realname. Or as coastwatcher said, she simply PMs you and asks for your name and phone number.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me