thoughts on labs. recommendations on what direction to go.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

walk

Low iron and IBS go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Check vitamin D while you're at it.
I've ordered them labs. will go from there, thank you.
maybe you have one more possible answer.
why does hrt make testicles cold? hcg has helped hang, for the most part, but cold to the touch.

apologies for details***

walk

thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125_131524_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_131524_Samsung Notes.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 51

Systemlord

thoughts?
Low vitamin D is a cause for IBS. I get IBS when vitamin D is 25, but I'm optimal at 28 due to being extremely sensitive to vitamin D. My calcium also drops low normal causing autoimmune conditions in my lungs causing a constant burning irritating cough.

Get your vitamin D up and maybe ferritin will follow suite.

walk

Low vitamin D is a cause for IBS. I get IBS when vitamin D is 25, but I'm optimal at 28 due to being extremely sensitive to vitamin D. My calcium also drops low normal causing autoimmune conditions in my lungs causing a constant burning irritating cough.

Get your vitamin D up and maybe ferritin will follow suite.
added vit d3 this morning. 5000iu

walk

anyone have experience with vit d2. Dr prescribe once a week to get vitd up, 90 days.
to keep my daily maintenance dose with it.

Systemlord

anyone have experience with vit d2. Dr prescribe once a week to get vitd up, 90 days.
to keep my daily maintenance dose with it.
D3 is far superior at increasing vitamin D levels. My doctor prescribed 50,000 IU D2 three times per week for the first week, then 50,000 D2 every week for 8 weeks.

walk

has me doing the 50k once a week with my 5000iu d3 daily.
been taking 5000 d3 daily for some time now. d3 showed below range in labs

Systemlord

has me doing the 50k once a week with my 5000iu d3 daily.
been taking 5000 d3 daily for some time now. d3 showed below range in labs
Either you have malabsorption issues or your have iron overload conditions that would prevent vitamin D synthesis within the liver.

I just figured out that my iron supplementation, which I never needed, for the last three years resulted in my vitamin D levels being suppressed and requiring vitamin D supplements.

It got to the point where no amount of vitamin D supplementation would get me out of a deficiency of vitamin D.

Last edited:

Bremster

I realize there are special cases where 200 mg per week is excessive, but for the average guy I thought 200 was the norm. I have been injecting 200 mg per week for some time, along with 500 iu Hcg and 1/2 mg anastrozole once per week, my total testosterone is 847, 17 free and 24 e2. Feel great

walk

new symptoms, protocol. 30ml to 500iu 3 times a week. at .33ml my test was 1100 free test was just above range and e2 sat at a 30. felt like shit, muscles, knees, toes, etc. was hurting/aching. muscle (especially like, felt like jello)
dr believed high e2, dropped back down to .3ml with 500iu, just did labs, waiting on results. not much improvement. muscles still ache. now, i can't stay tf awake, fatigue. but other hand struggling to sleep and getting anxiety.
did a symptoms call, before labs. they believe it's low now, blood I know well answer that but opinions are welcome.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I realize there are special cases where 200 mg per week is excessive, but for the average guy I thought 200 was the norm. I have been injecting 200 mg per week for some time, along with 500 iu Hcg and 1/2 mg anastrozole once per week, my total testosterone is 847, 17 free and 24 e2. Feel great
Even 100 mg TC/week is providing more testosterone than the vast majority of guys would ever make naturally. Average natural production for healthy young guys is equivalent to 60-70 mg TC/week. This means 200 mg/week is excessive and beyond the scope of TRT. Such high dosing has come about through a misguided more-is-better mentality. Some guys get away with it, but others reap side effects and misery.

Blackhawk

It is not special case, it is incredibly common. Have your been reading this forum for long? It is constant that men come here with problems from this kind of antiquated protocol. Because something works for you it does not mean that is the norm for others. You are a rare N=1 on one end of the spectrum

I am on the other. I am taking 6.8mg daily, and due for labs. Last labs were on 7mg daily/49mg weekly, SubQ

Testosterone Total 783.5 ng/dL 264.0-916.0 LC/MS/MS

Testosterone, Free 19.74 ng/dL 5.00-21.00

I was started at 150mg/week, it resulted in problems and the need to keep reducing dose again and again and again. For me, withdrawal is indeed misery. Had I known in retrospect I would have started low and worked higher if needed. Had I started on 50mg/week I would have been fine and avoided a lot of misery.

And goals of testosterone use vary. So if you are about getting big bodybuilding that is a different goal than correcting hypogonadism. Obviously YMMV

My observation is that 70-100mg/week will take care of most men's hypogonadism, and many achieve super-physiological levels at 100. But some would not consideranything under the very top of normal range optimal. Many consider optimal as running at very top of range or above in order to try to feel like superman. Nothing wrong with that per se, unless there are other side effects.

Last edited:

walk

I'm leaning towards lowering dose? e2 needs to come down, and my heart not liking something.
thoughts?
(I tend to eat at night. not knowingly, just something I've delt with sense having brain injuries)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240415_201620_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240415_201620_OneDrive.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20240415_201536_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240415_201536_OneDrive.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

walk

What is your current injection frequency and dose? Also you have low Vit-D so that also must be corrected going forward.
.3ml t with 500iu pregnyl, 3 times a week.
I've added 5000 units d3 recently. in addition dr put me on 50,000d2 once a week.
added 2000mg fish oil this morning. thinking of dropping dosage to .28ml. or eod protocol? Haven't spoke with dr with this lab as of yet.

Belekas

nobody
Dose reduction sure looks the way to go for you. Hemoglobin, RBC and Hematocrit creeping >50. I'm sure many will tell you that its all good but if you are having symptoms then I will look at it. I didn't have time to read all ure thread so probably missed a lot. E2 not necessary high considering your T levels IMHO. hCG is also suspect, but probably guys already pointed that out. And still, as you know it matters the context and not only the blood results. Lifestyle, drugs, illnesses, body composition, workout regime, sleep regime and so on and so forth. It's all mutlifactorial.

Now regarding EOD you can always go and try. I personally tried for 2 weeks SubQ and felt like a crackhead, went back to 2x week or 1x E5D and all came down and felt better. I know many will say you gotta stick with it, but that was enough of feeling like shit for me. Personally I will do 2x week once I decide to restart my TRT. Or just a shot E5D as that is where I felt the best, but probably only marginally better then E3.5D. Ofc blood levels were different but I couldn't care less.

It's all trial and error mate. Messing with hormones ain't fun nor easy as feeling like shit for weeks makes you wanna fiddle with your protocol sooner then later and then its all over again and you will never know what worked what not. At this point we are nothing but lab rats.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cheers.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale