THE DEA And ACCESS TO TRT TELEMEDICINE

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xqfq

Does anyone know the deal with being “grandfathered in”? If we have already had a consultation at a telehealth clinic, and are technically a current patient, are the proposed changes applied any differently?

I assume no, but wanted to check anyway.
I believe that if you are already a telemedicine patient you will be "grandfathered in" to an 180 day extension, but after that will need to meet with the telemedicine physician in person or do the telemedicine physician <-> local physician group meeting.

I certainly hope this does not go through, at least in its current form. There was a lot of opposition so I am hopeful.

My personal feeling is that if this does go through, the odds of testosterone being descheduled go up quite a bit due to the impact on the trans community.

There is at least one TRT clinic that appears to be planning a local affiliated-physician program to meet compliance. I'm not sure how it will work out. Let's hope hacks like this aren't needed. I'm sure programs like this will increase cost.

Wilson7

I believe that if you are already a telemedicine patient you will be "grandfathered in" to an 180 day extension, but after that will need to meet with the telemedicine physician in person or do the telemedicine physician <-> local physician group meeting.

I certainly hope this does not go through, at least in its current form. There was a lot of opposition so I am hopeful.

My personal feeling is that if this does go through, the odds of testosterone being descheduled go up quite a bit due to the impact on the trans community.

There is at least one TRT clinic that appears to be planning a local affiliated-physician program to meet compliance. I'm not sure how it will work out. Let's hope hacks like this aren't needed. I'm sure programs like this will increase cost.
The way the political environment is going, states may start banning the prescription of any androgen to a biological female for any reason. Trans, non-binary, QOL, etc.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The way the political environment is going, states may start banning the prescription of any androgen to a biological female for any reason. Trans, non-binary, QOL, etc.
It's an extreme extrapolation to get there from the current environment and its focus on minors. I'll be surprised if even one state does this. In contrast, the legalization of marijuana suggests a trend towards permissiveness for adults.

Wilson7

It's an extreme extrapolation to get there from the current environment and its focus on minors. I'll be surprised if even one state does this. In contrast, the legalization of marijuana suggests a trend towards permissiveness for adults.
Never underestimate the power of the far right and when religion gets mixed into politics it can make for a very hostile environment toward anyone that doesn't "fit in."

Phil Goodman

Never underestimate the power of the far right and when religion gets mixed into politics it can make for a very hostile environment toward anyone that doesn't "fit in."

Puberty blockers and other “gender affirming” treatments for kids should be banned. Doesn’t take a religion to tell anyone with common sense that much, and wanting it to be blocked doesn’t make someone far right. If you ask anyone(I’d bet $10,000 yourself included) 10 years ago if we should be giving children hormones or chopping off their genitals they’d wonder why that was even a question…..yet in 2023 here we are.

JmarkH

When politics morphs into religion, religion loses its focus and purpose. I'm both mind and heart boggled by this. Making enemies of our neighbors isn't a solution. All that does is reinforce the concept that the enemy is at the gates. Love your neighbor as yourself. . . .

Arcane

Read more deply into this; its an overeaction.
Theyre banning it for minors (good)

In response people are outraged claiming it will lead to it effecting adults with no proof whatsoever.

Similar to how in this thread there are tons of overreactions (my own included) claiming that we will need to see a doctor in office and have our telemedicine doctor in person once a month if we want to continue out prescription.

After reading further into it; worst case scenario you have to go into your HRT clinic office for a check up then never again.

Remember in 2017 when everyone online was freaking out about Net Neutrality repeal? I remember people claiming the internet would never be the same/we would have to pay for subscription services to access package deals for websites, etc..

Meanwhile 6 years later, the internet feels exactly the same, nothing changed, it was all political, and it was all an overreaction

Last edited:

xqfq

Looks like, as of May 1st, that the DEA has backed down at least temporarily. So come May 11th there won't be any changes to care, at least not yet.

My read of the above article is that it's unclear what will ultimately happen, but the DEA recognizes their proposed rules in its current form probably isn't workable and wants more time to figure out a different solution. I suppose it's possible they go forward with their original rules but it seems unlikely? If they were going to do that, it seems like they wouldn't have bothered to postpone the rule change.

This looks like a win, at least so far, and appears driven by the amount of comments and publicity we generated.

Arcane

Looks like, as of May 1st, that the DEA has backed down at least temporarily. So come May 11th there won't be any changes to care, at least not yet.

My read of the above article is that it's unclear what will ultimately happen, but the DEA recognizes their proposed rules in its current form probably isn't workable and wants more time to figure out a different solution. I suppose it's possible they go forward with their original rules but it seems unlikely? If they were going to do that, it seems like they wouldn't have bothered to postpone the rule change.

This looks like a win, at least so far, and appears driven by the amount of comments and publicity we generated.
awesome. Annoying we have to wait further to see what comes next. I was hoping we would have a concrete answer this month

SteveCleves

Translation from my past working life. "jesus fucking christ phil, you pissed a lot of people off, including SENATORS!!! 40 thousand comments? what were you thinking??!! warren already hates me because of that run in i had with her last year. you better figure out a better way to do this because I am not spending all summer in hearings when i could be in virginia beach. you have 6 months to figure this out, call some people. get the fuck out of my office"

Arcane

The link you sent says temporary extension. Am I missing something?
So basically we’re in Limbo until the final decision is made who knows when
Translation from my past working life. "jesus fucking christ phil, you pissed a lot of people off, including SENATORS!!! 40 thousand comments? what were you thinking??!! warren already hates me because of that run in i had with her last year. you better figure out a better way to do this because I am not spending all summer in hearings when i could be in virginia beach. you have 6 months to figure this out, call some people. get the fuck out of my office"
lol

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching