Testosterone Propionate timing

Buy Lab Tests Online

Paco1973

Gents,

I have been prescribed test prop for trt. I chose a daily regimen. Would it be best to take my dose in the morning or at night? I’m hoping someone with experience with a similar regimen can chime in. I chose to go with propionate, because of the short half life.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

I would take it in the morning so it comes closer to mimicking your bodies natural t levels which are always higher in the morning and then fall as they day progresses. Whatever time you choose I would try to be consistent which the injection time as much as possible.

Paco1973

I would take it in the morning so it comes closer to mimicking your bodies natural t levels which are always higher in the morning and then fall as they day progresses. Whatever time you choose I would try to be consistent which the injection time as much as possible.

Thanks. I was thinking the morning also, but I had an endocrinologist pushing taking hormones at night. When I was on cypionate, I always took my dose in the morning along with HCG.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks. I was thinking the morning also, but I had an endocrinologist pushing taking hormones at night. When I was on cypionate, I always took my dose in the morning along with HCG.

I inject cypionate daily and I find it easier to inject in the morning.

seb288

It mimics natural daily rhythm only if taken at night. Otherwise your T peaks when it should trough and troughs when it should peak.

Blackhawk

Half life is one thing, but the increase and peak in blood level is another.

Is there a graph anywhere that shows blood level of propionate over time from injection?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Half life is one thing, but the increase and peak in blood level is another.

Is there a graph anywhere that shows blood level of propionate over time from injection?
I posted one here. I also summed the data of the first subject to show what daily dosing would look like. There's actually not a lot of variation, especially if you disregard the dip at six hours:

I was expecting an earlier peak, but it's more like 12 hours post-injection.

I do find that injecting before bed hurts sleep quality.

WhatSayYou89

I posted one here. I also summed the data of the first subject to show what daily dosing would look like. There's actually not a lot of variation, especially if you disregard the dip at six hours:

I was expecting an earlier peak, but it's more like 12 hours post-injection.

I do find that injecting before bed hurts sleep quality.

Might have to swap to AM injections because of this. I was hoping that when I injected before bed it would start to rise and in 4-6 hours and be time I woke up it would be like waking up naturally with highest test levels.

Plus mornings are always hectic for me.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Might have to swap to AM injections because of this. I was hoping that when I injected before bed it would start to rise and in 4-6 hours and be time I woke up it would be like waking up naturally with highest test levels.
My own data contradict that graph and are more in line with other studies, and in particular work by Nieschlag finding a half-life for propionate of about 19 hours. Importantly, my measurements suggest there is a rapid rise to peak serum testosterone in the first few hours after an injection, which is followed by a steady decline to the next day's pre-injection trough.

This means injections before bed are probably far from ideal. Closest to natural men might be to inject around 3-5 am and then sleep a few more hours. The rise is testosterone is more rapid than what's seen naturally, but as far as I can tell it's not much of a problem. Personally I just inject first thing upon waking.

For me straight propionate creates swings in serum testosterone of 50% or more about the mean. Natural men experience variations of more like 20-25%. I damp down the variations in propionate by mixing it with a longer ester—enanthate, though cypionate would be fine too.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me