Testosterone in athletes

Buy Lab Tests Online

arsenio7

Several articles are showing that many athletes have an FT that is debatably low.

Such in this one:
1660748527557.png

male-athlete-2.png

As an amateur marathoner (just about the 3hour for full-marathon), it seems that my endogenous FT (around 0.33 nmol/L) is acceptable.

It's well known that long-distance runners are having kinda low T/low FT.

But what amazes me the most is to see sprinters (0.39 nmol/L) which are usually kinda literally beasts of muscles having T which is pretty low compared to the normal population... but they still have outstanding explosiveness, quick power, recovery, and important muscle mass.

Is there a piece of the puzzle am I missing?

This post is a bit out-of-subject, but I'd be very interested in knowing the advice of the ExcelMale community members (who are actually always impressing me by the quality of their posts/responses)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Willyt

Good stuff. I figured the distance athletes would have had lower relative T/FT results for the reasons you mentioned. But not sure I would call the overall FT results "low". Looks average. Did you expect them to be over range?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... exercise does consume testosterone
Do you have any references for that? Even if exercise were enhancing testosterone metabolism the HPTA would normally compensate with increased production. My impression is that the regulatory set point of the hypothalamus is actually lowered.

Vince

Super Moderator
Several articles are showing that many athletes have an FT that is debatably low.

Such in this one:
View attachment 24821
View attachment 24823
As an amateur marathoner (just about the 3hour for full-marathon), it seems that my endogenous FT (around 0.33 nmol/L) is acceptable.

It's well known that long-distance runners are having kinda low T/low FT.

But what amazes me the most is to see sprinters (0.39 nmol/L) which are usually kinda literally beasts of muscles having T which is pretty low compared to the normal population... but they still have outstanding explosiveness, quick power, recovery, and important muscle mass.

Is there a piece of the puzzle am I missing?

This post is a bit out-of-subject, but I'd be very interested in knowing the advice of the ExcelMale community members (who are actually always impressing me by the quality of their posts/responses)
Many athletes overwork themselves and lower their testosterone levels. A pretty common occurrence.

arsenio7

Good stuff. I figured the distance athletes would have had lower relative T/FT results for the reasons you mentioned. But not sure I would call the overall FT results "low". Looks average. Did you expect them to be over range?
1660990988057.png

According to the value at the 25th percentile, we see that nearly one quarter of the athlete are with low freet (0.225nmol/L being usually used at a limit)

On the other hand, I just saw that that athlete blood samples were not collected in the morning when T is peaking as in most protocols where we try to compare T or fT or diagnose hypogonadism.
1660991784898.png

Gladiator

Over doing cardio kills testosterone levels. I thought this was common knowledge until last week when I was told I was full of shit.
Lifting heavy weights is supposed to help with testosterone levels but then doing cardio will burn fat muscle and testosterone.

A doctor will tell you to excise more when your natural levels are low but if you already train 6 to 12 hours a week it’s not going to work. That’s when athletes start cheating.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me