Testosterone and immunity

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vitamin_C

Greetings gents, I am currently in grad school for Nurse practioner and I want to work with testosterone and delivering the beneficial effects for men. I have been on TRT for about a year and a half myself, I am 34 years old. I was doing some research in my pathophysiology course and noticed that androgens lowered aspects of immunity. I wonder if this is causing some men to have cold like symptoms when they first start as their body starts to adjust to the hormone. I am wondering if therapeutic levels of testosterone are not causing any issues and its supraphysiological levels that may impact the immune system. I may need to dive into the study further and see exactly "how much" testosterone effects the immune system negatively.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/11/08/6138.aspx

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
When I first started TRT, I did have flu-like symptoms for about two weeks. Since then I've been very healthy, very few colds or illnesses.

Vitamin_C

Yes, I've heard that among other users as well. I am just exploring this and wondering at what levels of total testosterone we could start to see a drop in immune function and if there is a drop, how much of a drop.

user_joe

I don't think I've been sick in 2 yrs on TRT. I do have pretty bad hay fever most of the year. It doesn't seem to affect that at all.

Gamnc

I have not been sick in years, if anything healthier on TRT than off it. I do take men's Ultra Centrum with zinc which might help with colds prevention.

zojo360

I've been on TRT since November 2016. Starting in mid January and continuing until now, I've been ill with one thing or another. I can't completely correlate my various illnesses with TRT or time of year but it sure is a coincidence. I currently am taking 43 mgs of cypionate every 3 days IM. Have had the stomach flu, strep throat, adenoids infection and ear aches. Beginning to get concerned.

FurryDude

I stumbled upon this thread and funny thing, I've been on TRT for years (Androgel) and my doctor said it wasn't working for me anymore so I'm on injections now and have been for a few months. Oddly enough, I hadn't even had a common cold in 15 years and recently just got over a head and chest cold, then bronchitis and now I'm having cold-like symptoms again. I wonder if the TRT injections are the cause after reading this thread?

1Draw

I stumbled upon this thread and funny thing, I've been on TRT for years (Androgel) and my doctor said it wasn't working for me anymore so I'm on injections now and have been for a few months. Oddly enough, I hadn't even had a common cold in 15 years and recently just got over a head and chest cold, then bronchitis and now I'm having cold-like symptoms again. I wonder if the TRT injections are the cause after reading this thread?

Furry it may be an allergy to the type of oil your T is compounded with. I originally started on pellets with grapeseed oil and after about the 4th month began to have flu like symptoms - head colds, sinus infections, chest congestion, body aches, etc... This continued after I switched to Defy and started TCyp with grapeseed oil. My symptoms got much worse after about 1 more month of injecting 80mg 1 x week.

After researching, only reference for possible side effects I could find is here:

https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/grape-seed

"Common side effects include nausea, itching, dizziness, stomach upset, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, cough and rash."

After discussing this with Defy, we decided to discontinue the T Cyp w/grapeseed oil and switched to sesame seed oil and started feeling much much better immediately.

Think this was proof enough for me anyway that I had allergies from the grapeseed oil.

FurryDude

Furry it may be an allergy to the type of oil your T is compounded with. I originally started on pellets with grapeseed oil and after about the 4th month began to have flu like symptoms - head colds, sinus infections, chest congestion, body aches, etc... This continued after I switched to Defy and started TCyp with grapeseed oil. My symptoms got much worse after about 1 more month of injecting 80mg 1 x week.

After researching, only reference for possible side effects I could find is here:

https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/grape-seed

"Common side effects include nausea, itching, dizziness, stomach upset, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, cough and rash."

After discussing this with Defy, we decided to discontinue the T Cyp w/grapeseed oil and switched to sesame seed oil and started feeling much much better immediately.

Think this was proof enough for me anyway that I had allergies from the grapeseed oil.
Very interesting. I have no idea what my Tcyp is mixed with. It comes from a regular pharmacy and not a compound pharmacy. I will check into this and check this article out. Thanks!

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I actually just got a sinus infection from fluctuating temperatures (72 one day, 27 and snow the next) for the first time in 2 years since starting TRT. Before TRT, I would always get an upper respiratory infection because of the weather changes in the spring or fall for as long as I can remember.

My wife and kids have also had the flu several times and I didn't get it. So I think that TRT has definitely boosted my immune system.

bruin

I rarely get sick, possibly hayfever allergy with the varied locales I am in, but not a big issue, HIV+ on anti retrovirtal drugs, ART, so there are some immunizations that I cannot have. I find Im much healthier in general and in better physical condition than many of my peers and attribute som eof this to my TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me