Target T levels & Defy

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
...It seems to appear to my eye that the dose response is logarithmic right?
It's a logarithmic scale.

It's interesting to reverse the Vermeulen calculation and graph total testosterone as a function of free testosterone (SHBG = 30 nMol/L, albumin = 4.3 g/dL):
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 8.36.05 AM.png

Look familiar?

On a linear scale, and including data to the origin:
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 8.43.15 AM.png

T

tareload

Fantastic charts! It seems to appear to my eye that the dose response is logarithmic right?

The small dose of 70mg / week yields 800nd/dl, large dose of 200mg/week seems to yield 1200ng/dl.

So the large dose is almost 2.9x the small dose and yet yields only 1.5x the increase in TT?

p.s. For those wondering what "highpull data" is, its data from a physician who goes by that name over at T Nation. His data does not conform to the other regressions though.

As @Cataceous mentioned I transformed the y-axis to logarithmic scale. Here's the plot generated from 2018 paper on linear ordinate scale:

Dose response is very linear and I put the linear regression equations on the graph for the reader.

Now here's the same plot with "highpull's data" on the linear y-axis:
1651324927170.png

Here it is again with the transformed log scale:

Observe "highpull"'s data set falls almost exclusively within the 2.5-97.5 percentile region as you might expect if the 2018 paper correctly sampled from a population of men with various rate of fT elimination. In fact since the sample size for each dosage was on the low side they had to estimate the confidence intervals using a bootstrap t-scoring method):

1651325650489.png

1651326545849.png

Why did I use log-scale? So I could make the region from 100-1,000 ng/dl take up the same area as the region from 1000 to 10,000 ng/dl. Let's the reader get a different zoomed-in view of the physiologic region. Also shows the absurdity of the debate I stupidly get in routinely with TOT apologists where they claim 150-175 mg/week of test ester is the minimum starting dose to get the in the door at Club "Optimization".

Note: I also did the same analysis using Bhasin's seminal work which provides stratification by patient age (old vs young):

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching