t therapy options

Buy Lab Tests Online

gunner

I am 37 years old and I was on trt for over a year and never really felt any better. After seeing a few different doctors and not finding any help with my symptoms of fatigue, depression, lack of motivation and desire, I figured why stay on test if it didn't help. I quit in june and of course went down even more than I was. I decided to try another doctor and see if I can get treatment. I saw a local doctor ,found test at 280 and suggested hcg monotherapy. 1500 iu eod.Im really not sure if that's the route to go so I also contacted an online trt clinic. I was surprised that they suggested clomid for a month and see what happens from there.That sounds great if it works to restart my system. I guess im just looking for some educated suggestions and input.thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

James

Did you try adjusting your test dose to help minimize your symptoms? I've played with my dose many times and I'm finally starting to get it dialed in. HCG monotherapy might help you feel better if your LH levels were low. Did any doc check LH and FSH?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Gunner

At 37, it is good to do a testicular challenge test to see how your testicles are working. It seems that the two clinics want to do just that. One with HCG and the other with Clomid. You could go that route to try to see if your hormonal HPT axis normalizes (assuming it was "normal" even with your poor quality of life), or you could chose to just go on testosterone replacement for life. The main determining factor is to gather blood work info that you may have before you started TRT.

James

Agree with Nelson. At your age, I'd probably give Clomid/HCG a go. Sounds like you're educating yourself on the options.

gunner

Thanks for all the input, sorry I haven't been able to get back with more info sooner. My primary physician that originally started me only did testosterone and cholesterol tests. I misplaced the results but know I started at the bottom on the range which was about 330. I was taking 100mg per week and was rested after a a month or so and my level had gone up to 650 but not feeling any better.I then moved up to 200 mg per week, . i wasn't feeling any better and after researching asked for e2 tests and red blood cells and she said that wasn't necessary,which is when i realized it was time to move on. in October 13 i had labs done with a different dr and test was 897 (292-1052) prolactin 7.7 (3.0-30.0) shbg 13 (16-94) free test 30.1 (4.8-25) e2 49 (<=63) fsh 0.3 (1.3-11.4) tsh 2.7 (.5-4.7) free t3 3.1(2.3-4.2) free t4 .89(.73-1.95) hematocrit 49.2( 37-49) vitamin d 23 (>30-100) . They had me start vitamin d and inject .3 ml twice weekly to lower test level. Really never felt any difference. I asked about lowering e2 and was told it was not necessary but I know e follows t and injecting twice weekly probably helped lower it. after a follow up with dr, first visit was with his practitioner he said different than she did test wasn't too high, no reason to lower. As for fatigue and other symptoms he didn't seem concerned at all, like deal with it.

I saw another dr. an hour away, recommended by a bodybuilder friend. I stayed consistent on trt and t level as of 5/13 was 943(200-800) free t was 31.16 (4.7-24.4) free t3 3.3(2.0-4.4) t4 1.06 (.93-1.7) tsh 2,21 (.27-4.2) we talked about checking e2 and cortisol, but they screwed up and ran the same labs again at my expense. i told him of low body temps and he had me do a t3 protocol from dr. Wilson for a month. started at 7 mg twice a day up to 37 mg and back down. my temp did rise some but symptoms remained.I was not on trt at the time i did this because he wouldn't fill my script. this was a horrible experience all together.

current labs are

lh 3.3 range (1.7-8.6)
Patient is FastingAdult male reference interval is based on a population of lean malesup to 40 years old.A serum folate concentration of less than 3.1 ng/mL isconsidered to represent clinical deficiency.Roche ECLIA methodology

I think that's it. Thanks for all of your info!

[TH="width: 35%"]Description[/TH]
[TH="width: 15%"]Out-of-Range[/TH]
[TH="width: 15%"]In-Range[/TH]
[TH="width: 10%"]Units[/TH]
[TH="width: 20%"]Expected[/TH]
[TH="width: 5%"]Status[/TH]

[TD="colspan: 5"][/TD]

[TD="colspan: 6"]

[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 6, align: left"]140103 - Testosterone,Free and Total[/TD]

Testosterone, Serum

[TD="align: center"]285[/TD]