T Dose is the same then why does hematicrit keep slowly rising?

Buy Lab Tests Online

CSI007

Nothing changed except I lowered HG dose by half.

51.2 to 53.4 in the span of 6 weeks. I figured that after almost a year of injecting I would have stabilized by now.

What is the driving factor and will it stop?!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

It may have stabilized - right where it is. I'm not being snide, I point out that control of hematocrit is an all too typical challenge for a lot of men on TRT. Trying to manage this with dosing adjustments will drive you crazy (and is unlikely to work). If such changes brought predictable results, everyone would employ them.

CSI007

So in theory, I could do another 50mg/week of T and this wouldn't increase it more? There is nothing linear about TRT and lab work. :-/ I am an engineer and in my life things generally work by a set of rules. Medicine, not so much.

Pringle

Hemocrit

It may have stabilized - right where it is. I'm not being snide, I point out that control of hematocrit is an all too typical challenge for a lot of men on TRT. Trying to manage this with dosing adjustments will drive you crazy (and is unlikely to work). If such changes brought predictable results, everyone would employ them.

So true! I have hereditary hemochromatosis which adds to the fun. When I started trt treatment 2 Years ago HCT, HGB, Iron, and Ferritin all were on the high normal side already and absolutely went off the charts adding T to the equation. I do bloods every month now and Doc decides whether a phlebotomy is needed or not. Typically every 6-8 weeks I have a phlebotomy and all numbers are consistently in great shape.

Two fallacys, trying to control HCT with dosing, and the notion you can get stable after a period of time. Perhaps these things work for the odd-man out individual but they're sure not anything you can hang your hat on. HCT is just the price of admission here; #1 sideeffect.

What I can suggest is what I *think is working for me and that's GrapeFruitSeed Extract or GSE. I haven't donated in 12 weeks and my last CBC had my HCT @ 50 when it should have been 53+ by my past experience, and I haven't had the physical feeling of needing to donate. Something about GSE helping to aggregate RBC or something like that that helps the body purge...you'll have to google it and do some reading.

Saxon

Two fallacys, trying to control HCT with dosing, and the notion you can get stable after a period of time. Perhaps these things work for the odd-man out individual but they're sure not anything you can hang your hat on. HCT is just the price of admission here; #1 sideeffect.

What I can suggest is what I *think is working for me and that's GrapeFruitSeed Extract or GSE. I haven't donated in 12 weeks and my last CBC had my HCT @ 50 when it should have been 53+ by my past experience, and I haven't had the physical feeling of needing to donate. Something about GSE helping to aggregate RBC or something like that that helps the body purge...you'll have to google it and do some reading.

I know a competitive bodybuilder who runs pretty heavy cycles and is able to manage his hematocrit with a half of a grapefruit daily. I have no idea why it works. He's a medical student and other than running compounds like Tren and Adrol, he's pretty responsible and very knowledgable about AAS. For what it's worth.

CSI007

Hey Vince,
How much are you taking and how long before you began to felt relief? Been doing some reading and it looks like even with controlled studies that this indeed does have a positive affect and worth giving it a try.

Thank you!

I know a competitive bodybuilder who runs pretty heavy cycles and is able to manage his hematocrit with a half of a grapefruit daily. I have no idea why it works. He's a medical student and other than running compounds like Tren and Adrol, he's pretty responsible and very knowledgable about AAS. For what it's worth.

Interesting. Anybody got an more info on the connection between grapefruit and lower hematocrit?

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting. Anybody got an more info on the connection between grapefruit and lower hematocrit?
Before you try grapefruit talk to your doctor since this fruit can cause unwanted interactions with medications.

t J Vitam Nutr Res.
1988;58(4):414-7.
Ingestion of grapefruit lowers elevated hematocrits in human subjects.

Robbins RC, Martin FG, Roe JM.
Source

Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, IFAS, University of Florida, Gainesville.

Abstract

This study was based on in vitro observations that naringin isolated from grapefruit induced red cell aggregation and evidence that clumped red cells are removed from the circulation by phagocytosis. The effect on hematocrits of adding grapefruit to the daily diet was determined using 36 human subjects (12 F, 24 M) over a 42-day study. The hematocrits ranged from 36.5 to 55.8% at the start and 38.8% to 49.2% at the end of the study. There was a differential effect on the hematocrit. The largest decreases occurred at the highest hematocrits and the effect decreased on the intermediate hematocrits; however, the low hematocrits increased. There was no significant difference between ingesting 1/2 or 1 grapefruit per day but a decrease in hematocrit due to ingestion of grapefruit was statistically significant at the p less than 0.01 level.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...t)-Caused-by-Testosterone-Replacement-Therapy

Hoosier52

I ate half a grapefruit each morning for 3 months or took Naringin. My rising hematocrit stabilized at 52.7, the same as at was 3 months earlier. Still considered high, but no increase. First time that has happened in a year on TRT. Now I am eating half a grapefruit in the AM or taking GSE.

I'm also taking 1000mg of Metformin each day divided into 2 doses. Metformin is also supposed to lower HCT, but I think grapefruit or GSE may be more effective. My next labs are in 6 months.

Ive been using GSE powder and a recent CBC had my HCT @ 50 when it should have, I expected, 53+ and I haven't had this physical feeling of needing to donate like I have previously and I haven't now donated in atleast 16 weeks?

CSI007

Ok,
So I am a bit freaked out right now. I started eating a half of a grapefruit yesterday BTW.

I was just awoken by a sharp shooting pain in the back of my head. Been having some head pressure/pain for about a week or so now. And I noticed that I am having a tiny bit of labored breathing. This might be because of the hematocrit? Just not sure, but I decided that I would go to the Red Cross today and donate to see if it makes a difference.

I got online and saw that I an not eligible to donate! Because of my previous Hodgkins. :( So, I am stuck this holiday weekend with no options to donate. Unless someone has another idea? I'm sure they wont do it and just throw the blood away will they? What would be the point in them doing that?

This is freaking me out because the head pain I had was unusual for me.

My blood pressure has been running around 115 to 118 over 68 to 74. So I guess this is positive.

Another thing though, my platelets have consistently been low normal or just outside of low normal range. Is this going to inhibit me from donating at all?

captain

Your variation of HCT levels would probably be from how well you was hydrated. A bottle of water will make it lower. You need to have more than one set of labs to know if it is going up on average.

I can clearly see the power of the mind having some effect here.

CSI007

Your variation of HCT levels would probably be from how well you was hydrated. A bottle of water will make it lower. You need to have more than one set of labs to know if it is going up on average.

I can clearly see the power of the mind having some effect here.

There could be some truth to this. The head pain I experienced early this morning while sleeping really freaked me out though.

I am going to hydrate and just get a CBC done this week and see where it falls.

If it is rising I may be out of luck and have to quit TRT.

CSI007

About a month before I started on testosterone (I had been on HCG mono for about 6 months)

Hem_Before_HRT.jpg

Previous test about 8 weeks ago (June 2017)

Hem_June2017-TRT.jpg

About 1 year into TRT (Latest test)

Hem_1Y_HRT.jpg

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com