Supraphysiological Testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

robs2nd75

It is my understanding that supraphysiologic levels of TT over a long period of time can be harmful. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Are high levels of FT harmful when TT is in the normal range?

Recent Labs: testosterone,free and total

[TD="class: ccrCol1"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: ccrCol2"]

[/TD]

estradiol

[TD="class: ccrCol1"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: ccrCol2"]

[/TD]

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
If Free T is elevated in the supraphysiological range, say higher than 3%, then yes if can cause problems if elevated for an extended period of time.

Remember, it's Free T that our cells and tissues use and when elevated beyond normal healthy levels there are consequences.

For our purposes, Free T is more important than Total T.

Bobby

@robs2nd75....Did some quick research....only fairly recent link is from live science web site (2012) concerning a study of older men (70-88 y.o). It specifically mentions "The higher the levels of free testosterone, the greater the risk of prostate cancer" (in paragraph 10). It also mentions that some experts had criticism with the studies.

Continuing to search NIH for specific mention of "high free testosterone"; however, it's amazing how little "free test" is actually mentioned. Most studies only mention total serum test and its relation to prostate Ca.

http://www.livescience.com/21925-testosterone-levels-prostate-cancer-risk.html

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Higher testosterone and free testosterone blood levels (total above 1200 ng/ml) are only problems if:

1- You have unmanaged high blood cell volume (hematocrit)

2- Your PSA is going up above 4 ng/ml

3- You have high unmanaged estradiol that is causing breast tissue swelling (gynecomastia)

4- You have unmanaged acne

5- You have unmanaged high blood pressure

Some guys have NONE of the above even after months of high testosterone.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Elevated testosterone levels amp up the CNS and can cause all kinds of problems...like loss of libido and sexual drive believe it or not.

Anything not in the physiological range is going to throw off homeostasis and that is not a good thing no matter how you cut it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me