Supplements/recommendations for aiding in restoring cartilage to the knee. Only 39 years old and is considered level 3-4 arthritic

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

testiculus

I am going to check out Regenexx today. It seems to be covered by self funded insurance as well. Medicare Advantage may or may not cover this. We have places here in Houston that do this procedure. So I will find out more about it.

OK, so I contacted Regenexx here in Houston and talked to a sales associate. Sales???They don't take insurance at all. Red flags popping up all over the place for me. So right there I am asked to pay a whole lot of money on a hope and a dream because the research behind PRP and STEM cell is far from being accepted. In fact, I have done PRP 2 times and a much less expensive price and it was not effective at all. $2500 for PRP and I recently paid $350 cash. I use to work with a woman who had stem cell done in the hip and it was totally ineffective, she ended up with a total hip replacement. Their stem cell is $7500 so I would be financing over $1000 for one joint on a hope and a dream of it even being effective. They tell me their procedure for collecting stem cell is much better, yet it is the same procedure they rest do. PRP ain't rocket science either. Anytime a doctor doesn't take insurance is a huge red flag to me. I worked too hard for money in my life to have it taken from me. Sorry guys but Regenexx didn't sell me the price of a consultation. I can buy a whole lot of hGH for that kind of money. At least this seems to have been pretty effective.
All of the stem cell therapies are scams. While there's been great progress in taking adult cells and converting them to pluripotent stem cells, there's huge problems on the delivery side of things. Once injected in the body, there is no way to guide the differentiation of the stem cells. You want them to become chondrocytes, but there's nothing that's going to signal the stem cells to differentiate into chondrocytes. Most of the stem cells just end up dying. Even if researchers solve the differentiation problem, there is a secondary and much bigger problem. Once injected into the body, the stem cells don't stay where they are injected. They can migrate to anywhere. Right now this isn't a problem because they don't differentiate. But if you can signal them to differentiate into chondrocytes, then you get the problem of chondrocytes in places you don't want them, like in heart tissue. I'm pretty pessimistic that stem cells will ever be a viable therapy for any condition.

testiculus

IA IGF-1 injections might be a viable treatment for joint issues. Here's an interesting paper where researchers genetically engineered chondrocytes to express IGF-1 then implanted them in the joint as defect repair.

This was done in horses which is a good animal model for human joint treatments. Much better to read equine research than rabbit or mouse for this sort of thing.

BigTex

Having spent quite a bit on Regenexx myself I would also advise those considering it to save your money. The technology isn't there yet.

I am intrigued by your hGH experiment. Hope it continues to go well. I would also consider it to avoid knee surgery.
@Cataceous places like this know people like you and me will spend what ever money we have to, to avoid surgery and quit having pain. It honestly make me angry to see older guys being taken advantage of. When I had to be turned over to a sales associate, I felt like I was buying a used car or something. Sorry you wasted you money. I still have the jury out on this HG thing. I want to see how long this lasts. At $100 a kit for hGH I could buy quite a bit of hGH for what they want for 1 Regenexx treatment. I still have the other shoulder, the knee and low back to deal with.

There has been a few mentions of Regenexx but until you there has been no one actually say they tried it. Thanks for your input.

T

tareload

I will report back if I ever try it.

robegu

Several things:

- Review the "fixes for joint issues" thread
- Eliminate from your diet any high-risk foods that could be causing an inflammatory reaction in joints such as wheat and whey
- BPC/TB500/DMSO as discussed elsewhere here
- GH secretagougues
- Be sure your gait/posture is perfect
- Glucosamine/Chondroitin
- Investigate prolotherapy/dry needling
- Have a proper stem cell eval done. Regenexx is a good provider
- Hyaluronic acid injections

There are other things but that is a good place to start.
Several things:

- Review the "fixes for joint issues" thread
- Eliminate from your diet any high-risk foods that could be causing an inflammatory reaction in joints such as wheat and whey
- BPC/TB500/DMSO as discussed elsewhere here
- GH secretagougues
- Be sure your gait/posture is perfect
- Glucosamine/Chondroitin
- Investigate prolotherapy/dry needling
- Have a proper stem cell eval done. Regenexx is a good provider
- Hyaluronic acid injections

There are other things but that is a good place to start.

This is a fairly complete list. I would add; Hylauronic acid in liguid/oral form is a must. I use "Neocell" brand which is definately bioavailable, its helped me tremendously and you can feel it a few days. The Injections are actually not good for the tissue long term. but are a good short term. A collagen supplement also helps. Glucosamine/chondroitin generally has low bioavailability, but it seems to help some people, I have tried various forms with no luck.. secretagougues are good , but the real GH is even better, you can get chinese GH on the internet for about 10-20% of the price and get about 80% of the benefit. I have had tremendous success with Prolotherapy on my spine and neck, not so much for my knees
Good luck.

BigTex

I will report back if I ever try it.
Seems like the key phrase I keep seeing in all of these solutions is "stimulating IGF-1 production." Perhaps intra-articular injections of IGF-1 would be a good idea?

T

tareload

Seems like the key phrase I keep seeing in all of these solutions is "stimulating IGF-1 production." Perhaps intra-articular injections of IGF-1 would be a good idea?
Commercial product...

Must have some efficacy if giving to the racehorses. Big bucks.

T

tareload

Last edited by a moderator:

Guided_by_Voices

That's as interesting idea, as is stanozolol (and while we're at it, it would be interesting to see if nandrolone had a synergistic affect under the conditions you're creating.) If I understand the creation of IGF-1 through the liver correctly, the IA injections would create an IA GH spike but not an IGF-1 spike, so both might by helpful.

Also, collagen amino acids (or at least glycine) seem logical as well since you are creating an environment which should stimulate healing, but not necessarily creating a similar spike in the building blocks for healing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me