Super High Total T and Low Free T: Albunim binding? Or DHT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

RonMexico

I have been on TRT 6 years. Switched 2 years ago to a hybrid protocol of Daily Sub Q shots and daily testosterone cream. My protocol is weekly 140 mg testosterone from Wells Pharmacy. It is a blend of 80% cypionate and 20% Propionate . My doctors preferred pharmacy and choice, not mine. I am also doing 1 click 50 mg of a 200 mg cream applied to my scrotum daily. This is to raise DHT and give me a sex drive which is zero without the cream.

My challenge is my labs are always very strange. They have been for 2 years on this protocol.

My total T will be mega high (1300-2200) and my free t will be super low (2 - 19).

I went for a 2nd opinion with Defy Medical. A doctor at Defy said he felt my Free T wasn't showing correctly on the labs. He felt the albumin might be binding the Free T or I was a high excretionor of testosterone.

He used a calculation to determine my free t:

Total T (>1500) / Albumin (4.6) and SHBG (16.2) and he said my Free T was 48.

He told me to not worry about the Free T level on the labs and to trust this calculation.

I found other calculators online that agreed with his math.

Note: My DHT was 240. Lab range is 30-85.

Question for the Board: Any one had this before where the numbers did not add up? Any reason why?

Attachments

• IMG_6911.jpg
    IMG_6911.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 20
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
This is demonstrating that the direct free testosterone test is useless and should be ignored. Clearly the calculated values are closer to reality, and in line with the very high doses of testosterone. If you want to verify further then you must test free testosterone with an accurate method, such as equilibrium dialysis or ultrafiltration.

The Labcorp tests are:

For Quest you can use Nelson's panel:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale