Super High Test Levels at 100mg/Week

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kaime

Diagnosed with hypogonadism.
Started with 100mg enanthate E7D. After 5 weeks my results are as follow:

~36 hours after injection
Test - 22.40 ng/ml (2.2-9.8 range)
E2 - 54.75 pg/ml (8-36 range)

~5 days after injection (day before next injection)
Test - 5.86 ng/ml (2.2-9.8 range)
E2 - 45.26 pg/ml (8-36 range)

So my testosterone levels are over twice as normal range only at 100mg weekly.
Considering 100-150mg will put most people in their normal range, how come my results are so high?
And what's even more baffling, as you can see my testosterone levels dropped hugely after 4 days
What dosage and frequency do you guys think I should be doing?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Labs should be done on injection day before you inject. Most inject every three and a half days to keep their levels nice and even.

Kaime

Yes Vince, thank you. But as you may have noticed it was 3.5 days between my first labs and 2nd and my testosterone dropped from 22 to 5 ng/ml. Can someone please explain why I had 22 ng/ml peak with only 100mg of enanthate and why the levels dropped drastically after such short amount of time.

CoastWatcher

What is your SHBG level? And did your free testosterone vary greatly? Vince is right, one should draw blood just prior to the next injection. If you inject every 3.5 days, have it pulled the morning of the injection, prior to the shot. Your SHBG is likely to provide insight.

Last edited:
Yes Vince, thank you. But as you may have noticed it was 3.5 days between my first labs and 2nd and my testosterone dropped from 22 to 5 ng/ml. Can someone please explain why I had 22 ng/ml peak with only 100mg of enanthate and why the levels dropped drastically after such short amount of time.

Can you post the full lab results? Something is missing here.

You had 2 blood tests drawn, so you went back to the lab within 3 days, correct?

I actually think this is a combination of low SHBG like coastwatcher said, along with a lab error. 2200 ng/dl is significantly higher than what would make sense, and your E2 barely drops even though total testosterone decreases by a factor of nearly 4.

There is no sense in testing 36 hours after or 5 days after. Test trough, day of injection, but before injection. Any other time offers little to no actionable information.

Kaime

Free Test 19.3 pg/ml (4.5-42)
SHBG is very low 10 nmol/l (14-48)
But it doesn't affect the metabolism of testosterone, just the ratio of free and total test.
There was no lab error.

Last edited:
Free Test 19.3 pg/ml (4.5-42)
SHBG is very low 10 nmol/l (14-48)
But it doesn't affect the metabolism of testosterone, just the ratio of free and total test.
There was no lab error.

Huh?

You've added information in a way which is very confusing. Which test do these correspond to?

Are these the only results you have?

What doesn't affect the metabolism of testosterone? SHBG? It absolutely does. SHBG protects testosterone from being metabolized by the body, amongst other things, so lower SHBG means the testosterone is able to be metabolized as it's not protected anymore.

How do you know there was no lab error?

Kaime

Because prior to this labs I made ones before, also 36h after injection and it showed my test > 15 ng/ml.
So this time I specifed I want the exact numbers.
Free test corresponds to 2nd labs, day before next injection and SHBG to ones I did before diagnose.

Because prior to this labs I made ones before, also 36h after injection and it showed my test > 15 ng/ml.
So this time I specifed I want the exact numbers.
Free test corresponds to 2nd labs, day before next injection and SHBG to ones I did before diagnose.

I'm sorry but this is completely unintelligible.

Best thing you can do is post the original results along with when they were taken relative to injection and starting TRT. Best of luck.

CoastWatcher

SHBG does not affect the testosterone injected from the outside, because this testosterone is already bound with ester, it is not a free test that SHBG can bound to.

Here are my labs if you think I am lying or something.
https://s24.postimg.org/faxauiv3n/IMG_20161219_175038.jpg

Nobody is accusing you of lying. If these are the only labs you have, and hold to your position that SHBG is unimportant, we can't offer much in the way of conversation. SHBG binds testosterone and those of us who have low SHBG wind up having to inject more often due to the low level - we simply clear testosterone too quickly for it to sustain a reasonable level. The opposite is true of those men with higher levels of SHBG. Browse any of the standard references and you'll see this position sustained time and again.

Kaime

Ok if that was the case and my low SHBG cleared my 22.4 ng/ml to 5.8 ng/ml in 3.5 days, then my free testosterone would skyrocket right? But it was in the middle level. Also SHBG doesn't explain why 100mg of enanthate wind up my total test that much. Any ideas?

SHBG does not affect the testosterone injected from the outside, because this testosterone is already bound with ester, it is not a free test that SHBG can bound to.

No one accused you of lying, I am not even sure what you could have lied about. You said there's no lab error, I am not sure how you can be so confident of that. I did not say you were lying about the results, but rather that the results are incorrect. I believed the results said 22ng/ml, but I don't believe the results are actually 22ng/ml.

I believe there may be a language barrier.

Testosterone is bound to an ester, but that ester is cleaved off by things called esterases in blood. If this didn't happen, testosterone injections would not work and it probably wouldn't appear on a blood test.

You can choose to deny the importance of SHBG in altering metabolism of testosterone but your denial doesn't make it true.

I do hope you find the success you are looking for with TRT.

Also SHBG doesn't explain why 100mg of enanthate wind up my total test that much. Any ideas?

Lab error would make the most sense at this point. Post those other labs you have, and tell us when they were taken relative to injection, especially the free test.

Kaime

The first time I made my labs the results weren't clear because they showed my testosterone > 15 ng/ml instead of exact values. It was also 36 hours after 100mg injection. A week later I came back and said I want the exact numbers and so it shows 22.4 ng/ml.

If my result were incorrect, then both of them (>15 and 22.4) would be and the odds of that are very low don;t you say?

I apologize if I sound rude. I am currently dealing with a lot of stress and those labs don't help, because It's been 2 months on TRT and I don't feel anything at all. Everything is exactly the same as it was before treatment.

Ok if that was the case and my low SHBG cleared my 22.4 ng/ml to 5.8 ng/ml in 3.5 days, then my free testosterone would skyrocket right? But it was in the middle level. Also SHBG doesn't explain why 100mg of enanthate wind up my total test that much. Any ideas?

The first time I made my labs the results weren't clear because they showed my testosterone > 15 ng/ml instead of exact values. It was also 36 hours after 100mg injection. A week later I came back and said I want the exact numbers and so it shows 22.4 ng/ml.

If my result were incorrect, then both of them (>15 and 22.4) would be and the odds of that are very low don;t you say?

I apologize if I sound rude. I am currently dealing with a lot of stress and those labs don't help, because It's been 2 months on TRT and I don't feel anything at all. Everything is exactly the same as it was before treatment.

You're right, I agree, it's a low chance of a lab error with both tests saying the same thing. I didn't understand that previously.

Honestly, at this point I really don't have any idea what to say other than you need to inject smaller, but more frequent doses. Low SHBG could explain the really high total test at "peak". More frequent injections will alleviate this somewhat.

Did you have a corresponding free testosterone test taken with these high total levels?

I would spend some time learning to understand SHBG because you couldn't be more mistaken in how this works. The subject has been beat to death thus I'm not going to cover it here.

swellco

I have low SHBG and have to pin 3x a week to keep things more level. This is a common protocol with those with low SHBG. Do some more research and get tested properly (at the through just before next injection). Good Luck.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me