Stopping TRT at 10 Months: Help/Support

Buy Lab Tests Online

JYD21

Could use some sage guidance. I also am talking to my Uro who supports my thoughts of coming off.

The short of it is I was started TRT too early.
  • It was to help a non existent sex life in my 6 year relationship. We tried a lot of things, counseling, etc.
  • Had a lot of work, financial, and relationship stress since 2020 and my levels were not technically low but they were substantially lower in May 2022 vs Aug 2021. The stress and relationship issues were causing low libido.
  • Got on TRT 10 months ago. Had to find a new, more competent provider after the first two months and I did.
  • I never felt any different in the last 10 months. No better; no worse. Tried a few protocols.
  • My energy and workouts; sleep, diet; etc we’re all great before and while on TRT.
I want to save TRT for when I really need it. I’m 46.

My brother is 48 and just diagnosed with very sudden prostate cancer. My dad also had it and survived. I know TRT doesn’t cause it, and evidence shows a good protocol is protective, but the fact I had good libido, just not for my partner, prior to TRT encourages me to just get off.

I’m looking at the protocols in the website here as I don’t want to go Cold Turkey.

Now I have a good job I like, good paycheck, my partner and I split and I’m moving on (grateful for her those 6 years), my diet and exercise are on point (always were) and I’ve got my anxiety under control, I want to get off.

Has anyone had a similar experience and bounced back? I’ve read the forums and it seems several of us can get off (cold turkey or via protocol) and feel better and have better levels than before TRT.

I realize this post could annoy some. I was desperate to save my relationship and influenced by my partner and a functional medicine friend and other friends on TRT to try it.

Thoughts on a protocol to do this?

Many thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

There are several threads on here describing how to PCT off. There is no reason I know of to go cold turkey when good protocols such as with low dose clomid exist. It will likely be easier if HCG was part of your protocol, but either way there is a decent chance that you will get back to where you were.

studog63

I got on TRT at 54 and did it for 18 months. Fell on hard times and had to stop because of price. Did the post therapy for about a month and everything came back . I really didn't need it even at 54 but thought I wanted it. At your age I bet you will be fine . I'm now 60 and thinking about doing it again , that is why I'm on this forum LOL.

sammmy

Get off like a man - cold turkey. You have been on TRT only 10 months so you will go back to your previous levels in 1-2 months.

Your exogenous T levels will drop in just a week after stopping the injections and your body will sense it and ramp up your own T production. Doing a PCT protocol will just save you that first week, so it is essentially pointless. Clomid comes with side effects for many and it is pointless aside from the first week - it will tell your body that you don't have enough T when your body will be sensing already that you don't have enough T.

Systemlord

I would expect someone on TRT for only 10 months to bounce back fast. I was on TRT for almost 3 years and bounced back after only 4.5 weeks after stopping treatment, with continuing health problems.

madman

Super Moderator
Could use some sage guidance. I also am talking to my Uro who supports my thoughts of coming off.

The short of it is I was started TRT too early.
  • It was to help a non existent sex life in my 6 year relationship. We tried a lot of things, counseling, etc.
  • Had a lot of work, financial, and relationship stress since 2020 and my levels were not technically low but they were substantially lower in May 2022 vs Aug 2021. The stress and relationship issues were causing low libido.
  • Got on TRT 10 months ago. Had to find a new, more competent provider after the first two months and I did.
  • I never felt any different in the last 10 months. No better; no worse. Tried a few protocols.
  • My energy and workouts; sleep, diet; etc we’re all great before and while on TRT.
I want to save TRT for when I really need it. I’m 46.

My brother is 48 and just diagnosed with very sudden prostate cancer. My dad also had it and survived. I know TRT doesn’t cause it, and evidence shows a good protocol is protective, but the fact I had good libido, just not for my partner, prior to TRT encourages me to just get off.

I’m looking at the protocols in the website here as I don’t want to go Cold Turkey.

Now I have a good job I like, good paycheck, my partner and I split and I’m moving on (grateful for her those 6 years), my diet and exercise are on point (always were) and I’ve got my anxiety under control, I want to get off.

Has anyone had a similar experience and bounced back? I’ve read the forums and it seems several of us can get off (cold turkey or via protocol) and feel better and have better levels than before TRT.

I realize this post could annoy some. I was desperate to save my relationship and influenced by my partner and a functional medicine friend and other friends on TRT to try it.

Thoughts on a protocol to do this?

Many thanks.

Do what you feel is best for you.

If it were me I would just bite the bullet.

A key point here:

*No one can say exactly how long it will take you to recover let alone how you will feel during the transition

JYD21

Thanks everyone. I have access to HCG, Nolva/tamaxofin, and enclomaphine.

My doc, Uro, and functional doc are all on board.

My baseline FT just before TRT was low normal at 62, but 9 months before that it was 120 (out of 224). I know, still not awesome levels but when I wasn’t stressed, my workouts and libido were still very good to great.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me