Spreadsheet for Calculating Free T & E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Simon7

Gman, it's indeed strange that they don't specify the method of testing in the Free E2 results, contrary to the other test results. Looking in the Quest list of tests the only Free Estradiol that I was able to find is test 36169 which is using the sensitive LC/MS measurement.

Perhaps the reason that the spreadsheet Free E2 calculated results correlate better when using the non sensitive E2 measurement is that the researcher who created the spreadsheet ten years ago designed the mathematical model implemented in the spreadsheet using non sensitive ECLIA test data that was probably the prevalent method at that time.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

rafapark

So
Gman, it's indeed strange that they don't specify the method of testing in the Free E2 results, contrary to the other test results. Looking in the Quest list of tests the only Free Estradiol that I was able to find is test 36169 which is using the sensitive LC/MS measurement.

Perhaps the reason that the spreadsheet Free E2 calculated results correlate better when using the non sensitive E2 measurement is that the researcher who created the spreadsheet ten years ago designed the mathematical model implemented in the spreadsheet using non sensitive ECLIA test data that was probably the prevalent method at that time.
I guess the conclusion is that is better to test if one wants to know the free E. I will do the free E2 test next week from labcorp and post the results here.

Gman86

I think you’re probably spot on with your assumption. You’re a very perceptive guy, I’m impressed. And thanks again for taking the time and doing all those conversions, appreciate it. Happy holidays.

in_TRT

Jesus. Things just got a lot more complicated! But amazing excerpt. Idk where you found it, but thanks so much for posting it. I’m definitely saving all that somewhere. That excerpt goes into amazing detail on calculated vs measured free E2. It went over so many things I had no clue about. Super good read. Just sucks that even after they went over everything, they still weren’t really able to conclusively give an answer on which is better, calculated E2 or measured free E2. My personally opinion though, after reading the whole thing, is it’s better to go with measured free E2. Thanks again for posting it, awesome info!

Free E2 measurement (by validated dialysis with LS MS/MS) might turn out to be important till we truly understand how the E2 binds to SHBG.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me